Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Oliver

Questions!

Oliver

So i didnt exactly knwo where this is suposed to go but as these are all craft related i thought this was the place. 

I have a few questions, some arent related to eachother but i really dont want to make multiple posts for these.

1. I want my doll to have a wig that has 3 colors. The bangs are pink, the side bits are blue and the back is purple. This wouldnt be a problem for my resindolls as id simply make a yarn wig. However i personally preffer vinyl dolls with synthetic hair. I have atempted multiple times in the past and failed every single time lol. I honestly dont wanna waste time on it again especially on such a large scale. I could either commission somebody or try and dye a wig. Now commissioning is great and easy however my family already gotten mad at me and until the whole pandemic is gone i cant buy outside of the EU and so far i have not found anyone that does custom synthetic wigs in the EU. Doing it myself sounds great as i love being crafty. I saw some yt videos on how to dye cosplay wigs with sharpies and rubbing alchohol. Obviously my doll would be wearing a lil net to protect her head from staining. But are there extra steps i can take? Would there be a way to "seal" the color? So it will definitly not stain my doll?

2. Im planing on getting another doll, her character is deaf and id like for her to have earingaids. Does those exist in doll size? Colour dosnt matter as id paint over it myself. Or is there some kind of DIY on it?

3. Im fairly new to the vinyl hobby. But im intrested in getting a male. The smart dolls arent my cup of tea, The parabox one seems great however i feel like it would make my character too childish and i want him to look more mature while im also used to msd size i dont want to sudenly won this giant doll. But Dollfie dream is a lil confusing me. Is there only 1 male size? And if so isnt Len suposed to be as big as Rin (who i think is 54cm?). If it would be DDS size (54cm?) it would be absolutly perfect! Or is there a compleatly flat bust or could i hybride that body with the male bust? I know its hard to get a male body but i like planing in advance in case it comes up second hand.

4. What kind of product should i use to remove face-ups on a vinyl head? For my bjds i use nailpolish remover without acetone. I lost the bottle tho so idk what else is written on it. For sealant i would use Citadel Munitorum Varnish spray. My friend uses it for her bjds and she says it works perfectly fine on them. Still wanted to make sure if its ok to use? Is there any paints to absolutly not use?

5. What clay is recomended to use on heads and posibly body parts? I love fantasy things and as there arent really alot of mythical creatures id like to mod some myself. Like a faun, mermaid, harpy, naga ect.

6. For resin you can hotboil the hands to reform the position. Is this posible with vinyl? 

Any info is dearly apreciated! 

I might add more questions lol

Katsudon

I don't know much about wigs... only just started getting into that myself. (I ordered wig lace off amazon, and wefts off aliexpress, so if you did want to take the plunge and make your own, that's where I went shopping XD)

I would be veeeery wary of putting any permanent marker colour near dolls. Sharpies are a bit unpredictable. It's probably okay for cosplay because it's not necessarily something you want to last years. I have used markers in bear making, but there's less risk because it's only one surface that comes into contact with the ink. With my art, my markers almost all bleed on to the opposite page, even if they are dry. The ink just leeches out over months. O_O; Sorry to be a downer. I've seen too much marker weirdness to have faith in them long term ^^;;;;

Back in the day I remember a lot of people using rit dye to dye doll hair. That might be a safer route. (Notably, people were doing it on Blythe dolls, which would have a similar risk of staining).

For 2, what kind of hearing aids do you want? 😄They're very small these days... so if you were going for the kind which just sits in the ear canal, you could likely do the mod yourself with a little miliput. Or if you wanted to be cautious, cover the doll head in cling film, and use something like air dry fimo, which you can keep separate while it dries, sand it and paint it before glueing it in. If you wanted to sculpt one of the larger old fashioned ones, you could still try it yourself :3 and it looks like something like thick clear beading elastic would work for the little clear cable bit.

This probably isn't that helpful, but might give you some ideas ^^;;;