Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

blossom

Sakura Miku

blossom

Hello~!

hm, i was just wondering if any of you think it will still be possible to get Sakura Miku at a reasonable price in the future? Or even from a friend shop? 
i know she might appear on mandarake someday but some dolls are rarer than others, right? So what do you think about it? I’ve seen some Yayoi appear on a friend shop not too long ago and even on mandarake at a good price! Would it be the same or is Sakura Miku rarer/more popular than Yayoi? 🤔

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

Mega Negi

Sakura Miku is an annual event/promotion, so it's fairly likely that Volks will bring another batch to market sooner or later. Yayoi isn't a current im@s character, so the chances of a reissue is probably less likely.

• Like 1

blossom

I see~! Thank you for this information! I’m glad she might be back someday!

depending on what we get on MDD in the coming months then i might end up getting yayoi! i expected it would be easier to get a yayoi than sakura miku 🤔

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

Mega Negi

I'll admit that Sakura Miku is also high on my wish list, so maybe this is a little bit of my heart talking rather than my brain...

But it is true that Sakura Miku like Snow Miku is an annual promotional event. Although Snow Miku, like Racing Miku and Magical Mirai Miku, gets a new design every year while Sakura Miku tends to be the same every year. I don't know if this annual revision makes Snow Miku more or less likely to be reissued than Sakura Miku. Volks does sell variant outfits for Snow Miku, but not for Racing Miku (possibly because of licensing issues). Racing Miku designs are created by the design staff of Good Smile Company, last I heard.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
28 minutes ago, Mega Negi said:

But it is true that Sakura Miku like Snow Miku is an annual promotional event.

Maybe @Monty or one of the other members who closely follows the Vocaloids can answer those questions.

I will say that even if Sakura Miku were to have some sort of design contest associated with her, this year probably isn't going to be a typical year for that sort of thing. Even Miku Expo has been pushed out to anywhere from fall of this year to late spring next year.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Sakura Miku is now -technically- an annual event but iirc it’s only happened once or twice, and it does not have the history or relevance that Snow Miku has. (I can’t even remember if there was a concert attached or if it was just a bunch of new merch made as part of an existing sakura festival). Snow Miku (as part of Sapporo’s annual snow festival) on the other hand is almost as old as Miku herself, given that Miku was created by Crypton in Sapporo.

The Sakura Miku thing also to my knowledge was not really a large event with company booths whereas Volks are typically always part of Snow Miku with a booth at the venue and until recently used it for announcing new outfits (now they mostly use it to display the upcoming snow Miku outfit that gets decided by fans via Goodsmile every year).

So I don’t really see her getting rereleased formally, other than the excess stock that seems to always be saved for events like MagicalMirai, AnimeExpo and VolksUsa’s webstore events. I get proven wrong a lot though so who knows.

A quick scan of mandarake and yahoo shows Sakura Miku is now over the 100000 yen mark on resale while Yayoi is basically close to retail, so Yayoi is definitely easier (and cheaper) to get at the moment.

Something not mentioned is that Sakura Miku was a limited doll only sold via clickwar/lottery whereas Yayoi was one of the dolls from 2016’s preorder project, which meant anyone could have her as long as they placed an order in the month or so preorder window. Even if people weren’t familiar with the character, Iori and Yayoi were the debut of the DDP which many people seemed interested in, so I’d hazard a guess she sold a decent number and thus I’d assume there are a lot more of her around. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

blossom

Thank you so much to the three of you for taking time to reply here and give me so much information!! 

now i feel like there is still hope i might someday get a sakura miku, preferably reasonably priced 😹

i’m still waiting for my second doll to arrive so obviously it’s more of a longterm wish (same goes to yayoi) but knowing the miku dolls are usually re released as events is reassuring! 

I’m sure i would still find future new girls i really want to get even if i never get sakura miku or yayoi so i’m also not thaat worried ^ ^ 

but i like to plan in advance so i’m really thankful 😊

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

Monty

Just to confirm, ‘rereleased at events’ means physical events in Japan and the US, plus the US web store, not the international web store. But, these also contribute to how many of the dolls exist so it probably does affect their overall rarity and resale price.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

blossom

I see! I usually go to japan once a year so that’s interesting for me! Although- i never attended any doll events there > < 

It’s really sad for us europeans that events only happen on volks us and jp though but at least it also gives more chances to see those dolls on second market 😣

some resale prices are a big yikes though..

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚