The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

Current Problems, Accidents, & Annoyances!

HazelMaze

Can I add to the chorus of bad postal service?

Pretty sure my lottery order wins are trapped forever by USPS T_T I'll never order from Volks USA again at this rate.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
43 minutes ago, HazelMaze said:

Can I add to the chorus of bad postal service?

Pretty sure my lottery order wins are trapped forever by USPS T_T I'll never order from Volks USA again at this rate.

It really sucks that USPS is getting so hit-or-miss these days!  And that, if something does happen to your package, they're notoriously hard to fight to get your insurance value back from.  Hopefully it continues moving soon, and if not I definitely suggest putting through a Help Request Form!  Praying that everyone's packages end up at their destinations safely soon, including yours! 🙏

• Like 1

Gabriel

Not Volks USA, but I had to contact Amazon over a missing package.  I had ordered it towards the tail end of July, and even with Amazon's very conservative delivery estimates of the time, it should have arrived on August 5th at the latest.

Well, USPS had a location for it on July 31, and the last tracking update was just "package en route to destination" on the 4th.  After that, there were no tracking updates.  I contacted USPS and opened a ticket on the 11th since it had been LONG past the timeframe given for Priority Mail.  I got an automated response that my case had been opened.  Then I got an automated response that my case had been closed and resolved.

Another week passed, and there was no update and the package never arrived.  I contacted Amazon and also gave them the case number.  The rep immediately agreed the package was lost, and they started the process to ship me another.

Hopefully that one doesn't get lost in the mail.

I have two other ebay packages that are starting to look lost.

One is a package from China, some doll shoes.  There has been no update on that one since the 7th.  That's certainly not unusual even in the best of times, but given current circumstances, I'm starting to worry the package is just lost in limbo.

The other is a package from Seattle.  The last tracking update was a noncommittal "in transit" on the 7th.  The ebay estimated delivery date (which is always conservative) was on the 14th, and no package.  So, I'm guessing that one is just gone.

I don't blame the sellers.  This just sucks all around.

In the past 20 years of ordering stuff online, I've only ever had ONE lost package.  Now, in the span of two months, it looks like I'm going to have three more.

• Like 2

sunlightandtea

I really wish there were doll stores in America like there is in Japan, and that this wasn't such a mail-order hobby tbh. I saw someone's Instagram story about a year ago showing a doll store somewhere and my jaw dropped! Floor to ceiling cases with wigs, eyes, clothes, bodies, and heads! It looked like a blast just to walk through and look at! I know of Fabric and Friends but I'm nowhere near it. I haven't heard of any others yet.

Here's to hoping this hobby increases in popularity and we get more American storefronts eventually. ❤ I really do like to look at a product in person before I buy it but that's just not an option for this hobby.

• Like 4

HazelMaze

@OccultBeast I appreciate the support!

All throughout Covid, I've had some delays.Very reasonable ones, and I was able to. But my package has been 'en route to country' since Aug 6th.  It hurts! I've also never had to file for a lost package- and I'm a little concerned doing so as a Canadian.

I also really want that nurse outfit XD

When do people think it is reasonable to put in a search request?

• Like 2

OccultBeast
2 minutes ago, HazelMaze said:

When do people think it is reasonable to put in a search request?

For USPS, their guidelines I believe state that a Lost Package Claim should only be put in if the item is 10 days past the expected delivery date, but a Help Request Form can be put in at any time, really.  Canada Post doesn't seem to have any guidelines on their site about when you can submit a service ticket, but if it's past the expected delivery date, it's probably alright to send one.  This also depends on where the package is coming from, as a lot of international mail is just... not moving currently to most countries, especially through certain mail services.

HazelMaze

@OccultBeast

Well the trouble is I don't have an actual expected delivery date. Just the general concept of "should be here by now".( Prior to this I have received mail from volks by about a week total)

I assume I need to put in a "Search request" first? From what I was reading that can be done after 7 days of being in their system. I may just give it till the end of the month.

OccultBeast
17 minutes ago, HazelMaze said:

Well the trouble is I don't have an actual expected delivery date. Just the general concept of "should be here by now".( Prior to this I have received mail from volks by about a week total)

If it's coming from VolksUSA then it definitely just needs more time.  Things here are super backed up, especially things coming out of LA (it's very hit or miss in most cases), and now that wildfires have started in CA I'm sure it's just messing things up even more.  Canada Post's site does say to expect international delays, even from mail from the US, and to add at least 5-7 days on to delivery times.  I would probably wait to submit a request until that additional week is up.

Katiazza
4 hours ago, HazelMaze said:

@OccultBeast

I assume I need to put in a "Search request" first? From what I was reading that can be done after 7 days of being in their system. I may just give it till the end of the month.

I'm in Canada and unfortunately Canada Post can't/won't help you with it. It has to actually be scanned into CBSA first and then get handed to Canada Post. Before that they can't do much since it hasn't left the USA.

That being said, I would count on 4+ weeks for all international packages right now. Some stuff is taking months (ordered stuff in March from China got it this month). So I'm actually really confident it just has not had a chance to move yet. Especially with USPS the way it is and it being defunded/brought down from within. 

• Like 2

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

Rizukaa

I get to send a DD head back to Volks International!

They want it shipped via EMS which...doesn't really exist in my country. At least it seems like they renamed it here? But they didn't internationally so god knows. It's going to be expensive despite the small package and low weight- (50+ bucks yikes)

Also really stoked about having to do customs paperwork. I remember that being quite a sore, had to fill out everything 3 times when I sent some candy to a friend because my post office doesn't know how to send packages to non-EU countries.

Oh dear... I hope they'll have a good look at the head and will hopefully replace it. Time to have a headless doll for a while B)

• Like 1

Corgi

It took USPS 1 months and some days for it to start moving from Volks USA post office to the LA fulfillment center. Took about another week for it to arrived to Texas. I believe it only moved when Volks started to file for insurance claim. Before that, I did a search first, 7 days later I did a lost package claim and took another week or two for USPS to say that Volks didn't ship it (they did) and close my case.  Overall, I had to wait exactly 30 days before Volks can file insurance claim and my $600+ orders was basically in Limbo. 

So if anyone have packages  are stuck like mine was, it will arrive eventually. 

Edited by Aireoko
  • Sad 1

OccultBeast
6 minutes ago, Aireoko said:

It took USPS 1 months and some days for it to start moving from Volks USA post office to the LA fulfillment center. Took about another week for it to arrived to Texas. I believe it only moved when Volks started to file for insurance claim. Before that, I did a search first, 7 days later I did a lost package claim and took another week or two for USPS to say that Volks didn't ship it (they did) and close my case.  Overall, I had to wait exactly 30 days before Volks can file insurance claim and my $600+ orders was basically in Limbo. 

So if anyone have packages  are stuck like mine was, it will arrive eventually. 

I want to of course first say YIKES, but I also can't help but say that I'm not surprised by this at all, unfortunately.  They are notorious for fighting to hell and back to not have to pay insurance claims, and they will do anything in their power to tell you that it's not their fault (like claiming Volks never shipped it).  I'm so sorry you had to wait so long and fight just to get your package delivered, though!  But I'm glad it arrived in the end 🙏

• Like 1

Corgi
1 minute ago, OccultBeast said:

I want to of course first say YIKES, but I also can't help but say that I'm not surprised by this at all, unfortunately.  They are notorious for fighting to hell and back to not have to pay insurance claims, and they will do anything in their power to tell you that it's not their fault (like claiming Volks never shipped it).  I'm so sorry you had to wait so long and fight just to get your package delivered, though!  But I'm glad it arrived in the end 🙏

USPS sure do fight tooth an nail. I imagine they started panicking when they realized they had a $600 package to reimburse lol.

The extra crappy part is that I orginally had a buyer for the body (I was going to get a different size later) but lost the buyer due to the long wait time. Orginally a week turn to 1.5 months and now I'm temporarily stuck with the body and I worry it get stuck again when I do find a buyer. 

OccultBeast
2 minutes ago, Aireoko said:

The extra crappy part is that I orginally had a buyer for the body (I was going to get a different size later) but lost the buyer due to the long wait time. Orginally a week turn to 1.5 months and now I'm temporarily stuck with the body and I worry it get stuck again when I do find a buyer. 

Oh no!  Hopefully you can manage to sell the body quick, especially now that you have it in-hand and a buyer won't need to wait.  We ship lots of packages from home (PA, for area reference) and we haven't noticed any delays on things going out really, it just seems like things coming from the LA area especially just, get stuck and don't move for weeks, but once they do finally move they reach their destination in the usual amount of time.

Q_T

Add another to the USPS issue. I am actually physically in the city next to the US Volks store less than 7 miles However, due to my work schedule and COVID I have been ordering online. Some packages first class took over a week. So the next time I shipped priority as a birthday was coming up. 3 packages went out the same day, one of them has not moved since the 10th on tracking. 

I had immediately reached out since this is the past due date for Priority shipping to both parties because I want to make sure I know the situation with the Volka so I don't get a form response. The postmaster in my area I've talked with several years and each time there's an issue she's rude. So it's so frustrating to have to deal with this woman. I know they're overwhelmed due to our wonderful situation with the president, but even before then they had so many problems. She would not respond other than a form letter. Then she closed the ticket yesterday without resolving it, only stating the shipper must not have shipped it.

I'm pushing Volks to file a claim because now a lot of my ordered items are out of stock, and a ruined birthday present is sitting here. It's pretty embarrassing...

Meanwhile packages from other states and outside the country are getting here in a reasonable amount of time. It makes me feel like someone got my stuff for free, and I'm out of pocket on goods. Several shipments from ETSY using USPS has been getting here fine. 

Edited by Q_T
  • Like 2

moerunamida

I understand your frustrations, @Q_T. I had a package shipped priority from Volks that took over 2 weeks, and my box was bashed in horribly upon arrival. I'm going to try to get Sakura Miku tomorrow, but I absolutely dread how long and in what condition the package from Volks would reach me in this time. If something goes through LA, it gets sucked into a black hole. I've shipped all over the country and people have gotten their packages within a reasonable amount of time. I even shipped doll stuff to someone in California and the package went through LA just fine. USPS sucks beyond measure right now, and I wish you could have Volks ship with a different company like UPS or Fedex. There needs to be more competition to encourage USPS to get their butt in gear (because like you said, they were bad before the stuff going on with the new postmaster). EDIT: Looks like you can get stuff shipped UPS ground. I may do that this time around if I win the click war.

This was how my package arrived after going missing for 2 weeks. Thankfully, nothing was broken or lost.

IMG_20200814_130948.jpg

Edited by Deyja
  • Sad 3

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

HazelMaze

Just a heads up for folks with stuff coming from VOLKS USA shipping issues, I just got another update that my package is "en route to destination country"...for a second time.So try not to panic too soon! 

Jezrah
On 8/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, Jezrah said:

My recent annoyance is that I bought a pair of shoes using eBay for the first time in a while. Once I got a shipping notice, I realized it had shipped to one of my previous addresses. It hadn't occurred to me before checking out that that would be an issue, because I paid using PayPal and my address is correct on there. I haven't lived at the address used in over a year and a half, it's in another county, and I'm not acquainted with the person who lives there now. So I called the post office there and asked them to watch for the package. They put in a note for me, so I hope they catch it. I apologized and confirmed that I have updated the address on that site already. 😖

An update on this situation is that the post office didn't catch my package, and I hot a notice that it had been delivered. I called the post office the next day, and they were able to send someone out to retrieve it. Luckily the new homeowner was home and didn't try to keep it. They then forwarded it to me in a new first class envelope, and it arrived yesterday. Which is good because when I last talked to them they didn't know if my existing postage would have included forwarding, and if it hadn't I would have had to drive there this weekend to get it. At least it ended well.

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

OccultBeast
3 hours ago, Q_T said:

The postmaster in my area I've talked with several years and each time there's an issue she's rude. 

I'm pushing Volks to file a claim because now a lot of my ordered items are out of stock

1. I know that feeling, our postmaster HATES us, I think partially because we understand how the system works so they can't just pull the wool over our eyes, and because we ship hundreds of packages a month, so they're annoyed that their little post office has to deal with them.  Sorry that I'm giving you business, my dudes.

2. Definitely ask them to file a claim.  Hopefully the outcome will be like @Aireoko's case and it will push USPS to miraculously find the package and get it to you!  Hoping for a positive outcome for you, for sure!

2 hours ago, Deyja said:

If something goes through LA, it gets sucked into a black hole. I've shipped all over the country and people have gotten their packages within a reasonable amount of time.

EDIT: Looks like you can get stuff shipped UPS ground. I may do that this time around if I win the click war.

Seconding this, it definitely seems like the LA post offices are just... honestly, I don't even know.  Things going in are perfectly fine, but things going out?  It's a game of Wait & See every single time.  Thrilled to see that UPS Ground is available though!  I might also use this option for the sale tomorrow, as long as it's not considerably more expensive than Priority.  I'm going for a chair stand, not a doll, but still, I'd like it to actually reach me sometime in 2020!

1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

An update on this situation is that the post office didn't catch my package, and I hot a notice that it had been delivered. I called the post office the next day, and they were able to send someone out to retrieve it. Luckily the new homeowner was home and didn't try to keep it. They then forwarded it to me in a new first class envelope, and it arrived yesterday. Which is good because when I last talked to them they didn't know if my existing postage would have included forwarding, and if it hadn't I would have had to drive there this weekend to get it. At least it ended well.

I'm glad you were able to get it in the end, even though it took a few extra steps!  We can only hope everyone's situation turns out like this!

• Like 1

Rumi

I recieved the volks shoes i was wishing for and they just broke :( there is a transparent strap on the sandals to go on the heels so the shoes dont slip off but its somehow snapped while yuki was wearing them. I'm wondering if i can super glue the strap back on or if its just useless at this point

• Sad 4

Mega Negi

Sakura-chan arrived this morning with no issues. I guess I am fortunate in that she only has a short trip from SoCal to the Bay Area. Still, I am mightily impressed with Volks USA and the USPS for getting her here in 3 days, with two of them being a weekend.

Q_T

Had Volks finally file a claim. Like I said I am 7 miles from Volks location and they lost this package. It jas been 30 days and was shipped priority. It sucks because the items I ordered went out of stock.

I have an incomplete doll ATM

Edited by Q_T
  • Sad 4

BeyondTime
41 minutes ago, Q_T said:

If you’re missing parts you could try Yahoo Japan Auctions or Buyee. Volks Japan would be cheaper but might be out of stock. 

You could try a WTB in our looking for section too. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Q_T
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

If you’re missing parts you could try Yahoo Japan Auctions or Buyee. Volks Japan would be cheaper but might be out of stock. 

You could try a WTB in our looking for section too. 

Thank you, but not buying more parts until I get refunded. And some of these aren't all doll parts but notions/sprays and other stuff. 

Mega Negi
4 hours ago, Q_T said:

Had Volks finally file a claim. Like I said I am 7 miles from Volks location and they lost this package. It jas been 30 days and was shipped priority. It sucks because the items I ordered went out of stock.

I would have gone for the pick up option if I was that close. I would actually like to see what their office looks like. (on the inside) I checked the exterior on google street view. It's entirely mundane on the outside.