The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

Current Problems, Accidents, & Annoyances!

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Mega Negi said:

I would have gone for the pick up option if I was that close. I would actually like to see what their office looks like. (on the inside) I checked the exterior on google street view. It's entirely mundane on the outside.

I was there in 2019, and they sort have a reception room inside where people can receive the dolls. 

I’d been in their old office in 2018, and I think the one is bigger, but I didn’t get to see the full space in either case so I can only go by what I saw. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Q_T
10 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

I would have gone for the pick up option if I was that close. I would actually like to see what their office looks like. (on the inside) I checked the exterior on google street view. It's entirely mundane on the outside.

I would have but I'm also an essential worker and my work hours wouldn't permit it. Was supposed to be some fun for a birthday but oh well.

Edited by Q_T

jadepixel

There was definitely a batch of USPS priority packages from Volks USA that got held in LA for ages. Mine was shipped on July 14, didn't get any updates for a month, finally was scanned in Gardena CA August 16 and eventually made it home to me this past Saturday.  The worst thing is that the entire situation with USPS right now is politically contrived, I guess it's a good reminder to vote in November!

• Like 2

Q_T
26 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

There was definitely a batch of USPS priority packages from Volks USA that got held in LA for ages. Mine was shipped on July 14, didn't get any updates for a month, finally was scanned in Gardena CA August 16 and eventually made it home to me this past Saturday.  The worst thing is that the entire situation with USPS right now is politically contrived, I guess it's a good reminder to vote in November!

Yes. There were even repots that our current postmaster who is a big Trump funder had offices throwing out new mail sorting machines that took a month to configure.

• Like 1

HazelMaze

Just a bit of good news-all of my mail arrived! After some really weird tracking updates, things made it!

Though I do have questions as to why volks finished sewing the snaps to show all of the stitching on the back-it immediately detracts from the nurse outfit!!

• Like 1

Rumi

My other pair of sandals i had bought also had the see through elastic just snap. Im really bummed out since i was looking forward to these shoes but now they are all broken and i dont really want to try and fix them anymore. I didnt even pull on them or anything, they were very carefully put on everytime. It IS sort of my fault for buying used items that seemed to be in great condition but alas. Ill have to order some new shoes that dont use the elastic bands and arent from way back so they dont deteriorate either. :( 

Im wondering if i can get my money back but i doubt it.

Edited by Rumi
  • Sad 2

moerunamida

This is neither of the 3 but on the same track. I'm about to ship my Towa's head off to France for a face up. Hoping that she arrives safely. I haven't shipped overseas in a few years, and I'm just nervous about the whole thing but can't wait to see her finished.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

hanasori
On 8/13/2020 at 3:40 PM, Deyja said:

Also got the same cookie cutter response from USPS. Hopefully we all get our mail soon. I can handle waiting longer; that isn't the issue. My biggest beef is paying a higher price for priority shipping and then have it ship as slow as ground or media mail. Honestly, I think media mail would get here faster.

Well actually USPS lost two of my Media mail packages last month so you guys might be better off going with Priority mail anyways. Another Media mail package has been stuck in transit for over a month and a half now and it looks like I'd have to refund this person too. I've never had issues this bad with any of my packages til last month and it really reeks. I'm looking to go Fedex for a while until things get settled down with USPS again.

Trying to get USPS to pay the insurance on the package is like trying to get blood out of a turnip but at least they put more effort in locating your package when it's insured. I'm so frustrated with USPS and I'm so glad my stuff from Volks Int is coming by DHL. orz

Edited by hanasori
  • Sad 2

Q_T
19 hours ago, hanasori said:

Well actually USPS lost two of my Media mail packages last month so you guys might be better off going with Priority mail anyways.

Trying to get USPS to pay the insurance on the package is like trying to get blood out of a turnip but at least they put more effort in locating your package when it's insured.

Decided to quote this as it's relevant.

Volks had to issue a refund as the package still hasn't moved and they filed a claim and was denied the claim.

1. I only live 7 miles from Volks, I cannot go there due to transportation issues, work hours and COVID.

2. These were shipped USPS Priority. So even though the items were insured, they denied Volks claim. They want to stick with "never received the package" the package is sitting in awaiting shipper status DESPITE being turned over with 2 other packages that have since arrived.

While I feel for the USPS: that is outright theft. USPS can claim it wasn't sent and just not scan packages letting people sell them on the black market by doing this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hanasori
6 hours ago, Q_T said:

Decided to quote this as it's relevant.

Volks had to issue a refund as the package still hasn't moved and they filed a claim and was denied the claim.

1. I only live 7 miles from Volks, I cannot go there due to transportation issues, work hours and COVID.

2. These were shipped USPS Priority. So even though the items were insured, they denied Volks claim. They want to stick with "never received the package" the package is sitting in awaiting shipper status DESPITE being turned over with 2 other packages that have since arrived.

While I feel for the USPS: that is outright theft. USPS can claim it wasn't sent and just not scan packages letting people sell them on the black market by doing this.

That's exactly what happened to my package too. One of them when tracked had the date the label was purchased and that's it. Thankfully the two other packages I had dropped off that day with that one were eventually delivered but just not that one and some other ones I sequentially mailed after it. I do believe that particular package was either stolen or destroyed at this point. As for theft in the postal service there are several articles on "missing" mail going to the Lost Mail center for USPS to auction off or stolen and tampered checks being an inside job as a veteran postal worker has said. I would like to think it's rare and isolated occurrences but it does happen. :(

I feel so bad for Volks in your situation. That shouldn't have happened and I hope that they submit an appeal for the claim. I believe they have three times to do so before it's finally rejected. Ironically, my lost package was to be delivered literally 30 minutes from where my buyer lives; it's as if the closer it is the more that something goes wrong. The package should have gone to a sorting center in the city and down to the buyer but they never got it after waiting patiently for over a month. I wish I had just arranged a point of meeting at a gas station or something to hand off the package to them but it is what it is now.   

• Like 1

Q_T
33 minutes ago, hanasori said:

I feel so bad for Volks in your situation. That shouldn't have happened and I hope that they submit an appeal for the claim. I believe they have three times to do so before it's finally rejected. Ironically, my lost package was to be delivered literally 30 minutes from where my buyer lives; it's as if the closer it is the more that something goes wrong. The package should have gone to a sorting center in the city and down to the buyer but they never got it after waiting patiently for over a month. I wish I had just arranged a point of meeting at a gas station or something to hand off the package to them but it is what it is now.   

There are several outlets reporting WITH VIDEO evidence of people's packages in California being dumped in parking lots.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/515442-investigation-underway-after-bags-of-mail-found-dumped-in-los-angeles

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/us/usps-mail-dump-parking-lot-trnd/index.html

• Sad 1

OccultBeast
25 minutes ago, Q_T said:

There are several outlets reporting WITH VIDEO evidence of people's packages in California being dumped in parking lots.

As if 2020 wasn't enough of a dumpster fire, ugh...

BeyondTime
50 minutes ago, Q_T said:

If postal employees are doing this then that’s a pretty crummy betrayal of trust, but keep in mind mail theft is a thing and criminals might be the ones who dumped all that mail for whatever reasons that made sense to them at the time. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

hanasori
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

If postal employees are doing this then that’s a pretty crummy betrayal of trust, but keep in mind mail theft is a thing and criminals might be the ones who dumped all that mail for whatever reasons that made sense to them at the time. 

Is it weird that I actually hope it was just stolen instead of it being outright neglect? Though I don't suppose I could blame postal workers at this point but worsening management under the new postmaster. USPS CCAs are saying they don't even have time for their families anymore because they're being so overworked due to labor being slashed. I can confirm it in my area too. My poor carrier is coming by later and later and looked so defeated and tired handing me my package yesterday. I gave her some water but I wish there was something more I could do.  

BeyondTime

Fortunately USPS in my area has remained reliable, but they are slower than normal; with COVID that’s really to be expected so I can’t really criticize as long as my stuff arrives. 

• Like 1

Q_T

Well since I received my refund and paycheck I reordered the hands and feet so I should be able to have a completed doll tomorrow.

Just feel bad for Volks too being caught in the middle of it

mayaiincho

I need a suitable doll stand for outside photography... Like always I gotta jerry rig everything. 

On another note Danny Choo's Smart Doll business never responded to my question about purchasing spare smart sockets. I'm not quite ready to dremel a hole into my brand new doll body yet to attach an attachment for... Oh.. Why didn't I think of that. A very strong neodymium magnet glue on instead... 

Back to the drawing board. 

• Like 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
44 minutes ago, mayaiincho said:

I need a suitable doll stand for outside photography... Like always I gotta jerry rig everything.

I’ve seen some creative homemade stands on DollTwitter. One option involved using nylon strap to attach a small bi-pod to the dolls calf for stability in one legged poses. It looked like something that could be built with a few simple parts. 

Another user had a monopod with a stake at the bottom and a clamp at the other end, that they used to secure the doll in high winds. The photo was taken from the side opposite to the stand, so you never saw the stand in the photos. 

• Like 2

justsomedollies

Ok this is a very slight annoyance but I feel the need to share. Volks posted on Facebook a link about VS/VIP and GL and the link image was a picture of the Visa card. I was seriously let down when I clicked only to see that it was just about benefits of joining different levels, I was hoping they were announcing a Visa for the international GL members 😂 Oh well it’s probably best that that wasn’t the case 💸

ButtonsMcGee

Rant from literally today: DHL

At first, DHL was great. They got us about 3 packages in 2 days flat. Out of 6. The other 3 have been a pain in the behind. One got stuck in Ohio for over a week. It was just put into "holding" for whatever reason. The other, TTYA put in our address wrong and I had to fix it and call them to make sure it was properly fixed. (On the bright side they still delivered that night, and technically that was on TTYA, not DHL themselves.) But today honestly takes the cake.

We where at Autozone and I was sitting in the car while the roomie was getting something inside, and suddenly I get a call from our area code. I answer it, and it's a lady from DHL.

She tells me: "Hello there. We have the wrong address. There's no apartment number."

I'm confused. "There isn't an apartment number. We live in a mobile home."

"Oh... uh... okay. Is your address [Insert address here]?"

"Yup, that's it."

"Okay, It's in there. It will be delivered tomorrow."

"Oh.. tomorrow? It said it was supposed to be delivered today."

Keep in mind, I've got my "Disney customer service"-voice on. So I sound happy as a clam. And suddenly she gets real snarky and rude with me going:

"Well I have it right in front of me!"

I reeled back a little and just said: "Oh I just... I have the text alerts and it said it was already out for delivery as of today. That's all."

"Oh." She gets kinda huffy with me again but then hangs up. 

Like... first off, this is delivery number 6. They've delivered to us multiple times (which I'm pretty sure they keep a record of) and never has there been an apartment number.

Second off, a simple google search on her end would have shown her that there is no apartment complex at all in our area. 

And third, what the heck was with the attitude? If I had been rude to her, I would have understood the urge to be sassy back. But I was being perfectly polite. ;w;

Has anyone else been having problems with DHL lately? Honestly I hope it's just me just because I don't wish anyone's packages being messed with on anyone. Especially not with the way mail is running right now. @-@

• Like 1

ButtonsMcGee

On 9/9/2020 at 12:49 AM, BeyondTime said:

It completely depends on the post office. I feel like most of them are usually pretty good, but the one by my house actually has a TON of negative reviews about how they constantly steal things. If they see say, a Christmas or Birthday card, they do actually rip them open and steal money out of them. Cards and letters have been delivered having been completely slashed open, and it wasn't from an outside thief. They also don't like to leave the pink slips if they miss you. My poor Fisheye figure was there for a month before I realized they where holding him. I'm only lucky they didn't send him back. Meanwhile my Resinsoul doll was held for two days and then sent back without any sort of notice given to me and then we had to go through the whole debacle of contacting the company and getting them to try and turn it around again. 

And that was BEFORE any of the Covid nonsense. 

So I guess it really depends on what area you're in and what your personal post office is like. And the worst part is, because it's a government job, they're probably never going to be fired for it. Even if tampering with the mail is a federal offense. 

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

because it's a government job, they're probably never going to be fired for it.

Government employees can be fired for the commission of morally base acts, but this often requires a criminal conviction. Unions make it harder to get rid of employees who misbehave in non criminal ways because they aren’t “at will.”  

• Like 1

ButtonsMcGee
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Government employees can be fired for the commission of morally base acts, but this often requires a criminal conviction. Unions make it harder to get rid of employees because they aren’t “at will.”  

How would one even go about reporting something like that?  There are so many reviews of our post office online that honestly I would have thought they would have been investigated by now.

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

How would one even go about reporting something like that?

Criminal charges would normally go through the DA. The Postal Service has its own investigative arm, and charges probably go through the US Attorney for your state. As far as other types of misbehavior, all you can do is report it and there will be some sort of internal disciplinary process that reviews the matter; this is where unions make it hard because the employee has a form of due process to protect them. 

Parts of the postal code that I’ve seen make me think they have a good union. 

• Like 1

OccultBeast
34 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

They also don't like to leave the pink slips if they miss you. My poor Fisheye figure was there for a month before I realized they where holding him.

My post office did something similar about a year ago.  We had a PO Box at the time for returns, and at some point they decided that we had 'too many packages' being held by them and 'blacklisted' our box.  Someone contacted us about a return so we went to pick it up; there was no package and no slip.  I go to the counter to politely ask the woman if it's arrived and she simply snaps at me "Oh, I blacklisted your box."  She stared at me for a few seconds, and I stared back at her, confused, until I finally said: "I... don't know what that means?"  She explained it to me like I was a five year old who just kicked over her mailbox with more vitriol than I can define in words.  In the end there were all of three small boxes in the locker for us (she made it seem like they were holding stacks of boxes for us and taking up space), she practically threw them at me, didn't say another word, and we cancelled our box as soon as we got home.  They literally could have just called us since they have all of our information on file, but instead they made it seem like we were terrible people for not checking our PO Box daily.

It really all depends on your office and the employees.  Our mail carrier is a wonderful woman who is willing to go out of her way for us, and never complains about having dozens of packages to pick up weekly.  The post office however?  They seem terribly inconvenienced to have to deal with all of the packages we ship out through their office.  Sorry that I'm supporting your job, I guess.  Most of the employees in the office and the post master seem like they hate us.

9 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

How would one even go about reporting something like that?  There are so many reviews of our post office online that honestly I would have thought they would have been investigated by now.

You can search the USPS site or even just google "report USPS theft" etc to find links on where to report different things.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1