Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

[Chichi9521]

Re-homing my dolls

[Chichi9521]

This is my first post to this new site or maybe ever in the community, I got my first Dollfie in 2014, Hatsune Miku. I also proceeded to get the Snow Miku too... now I absolutely love them, I love them so much that I find it super duper hard to think about this.

Due to my current situation I have been contemplating giving them a new home, someone who will appreciate them more than I do currently, but it's also so hard to think about. I don't do much with them anymore, change their clothes etc. but then I also wondered what do other people do with their dollfie's? Do they keep them on display or are they regularly played with.

I'm just having a pretty rough time. Really I just wanted to get my thoughts out my head and get opinions on what I should do, or if you've ever been in a similar situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you do 

• Like 1

Silent

Hi.

First of all welcome to the comunity and this forum. 

Personally, I sometimes play more and sometimes less with my dolls. I dont go with them out, I think that my dolls have their own life

and I am only visiting their lifes in their world. My dolls need privacy and time for themselves. (and once upon a time a new friend). On 

the other hand thy pity is that friend in my town stopped playig with her dolls and be interested in them. Which is pity because my doll 

comunity cant meet other. But nothing lasts forever. But would like to go to some Europe-based meet somewhere near central europe after all thoose pandemic vaves (near Germany, or Poland or Hungary)

I also enjoy reading doll stuff on this forum and new company projects etc.

All my dolls are my friends. I cant imagine my life without them.

Do what-ever you feel that might be right. Take your time. :) 

Orenjiina

Hi there and welcome! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time now. I can’t speak to your situation but if you really love them and they still bring you joy, maybe you should hold off on selling or re-homing your dolls.

You could try to pack them away for a bit and see how you feel with them out of your life. If you are thinking about them a lot it’s probably not a great idea to sell them just because you’ll feel regret. If you kind of forget that they are there and packed away, maybe you can sell one? 

I have most of my dolls packed away now because I don’t have a lot of space but just knowing they are there and I can pull them out at any time makes me smile. 

I hope things pick up for you and you can hopefully enjoy your dolls again!

sunlightandtea

Hey friend, I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I actually am going through something very similar, and created a thread about it:

There's lots of good advice in there, about dolls and about how things are in general by a lot of very smart and kind people. It actually helped me figure out what I want to do. You should give it a glance sometime.

Take care of yourself in the meantime. As a very wise person on this forum once said, the dolls won't be going anywhere. You can take your time.

Gabihime

If it’s not an issue of needing emergency funds, I would hold off on it.  I have large collections of different things, and at various points I have considered selling them, and I am really glad I have never pulled the trigger.   My G1 MLPs are currently boxed due to size constraints of our current living arrangements, and I haven’t had all my nendos out in about six years.  Sometimes my dolls stand posed in their favorite clothes for a long time, and sometimes I change their outfits and poses a lot.  It’s okay to not be super involved with them constantly.  That doesn’t mean you don’t like them.  It sounds like you might be experiencing depression.  Forgive me for overstepping, but I’m a type II bipolar depressive, so I am intimately acquainted with depression.  It’s just a normal and regular part of my life.  It’s okay if you can’t get excited about things right now.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you’re doing.  You don’t have to prove that you deserve to own your dolls, either to yourself or to anyone else. It’s fine to love them in your own way, in your own time.  Silent is absolutely right in saying all things pass, and if your way of enjoying your dolls right now is just knowing that they’re there, wearing their favorite outfits, that’s okay.

[Chichi9521]
5 minutes ago, sunlightandtea said:

Hey friend, I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I actually am going through something very similar, and created a thread about it:

There's lots of good advice in there, about dolls and about how things are in general by a lot of very smart and kind people. It actually helped me figure out what I want to do. You should give it a glance sometime.

Take care of yourself in the meantime. As a very wise person on this forum once said, the dolls won't be going anywhere. You can take your time.

Thank you so much for the link and kindness, I will give it a read and hopefully it helps me make a decision.

2 hours ago, Orenjiina said:

Hi there and welcome! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time now. I can’t speak to your situation but if you really love them and they still bring you joy, maybe you should hold off on selling or re-homing your dolls.

You could try to pack them away for a bit and see how you feel with them out of your life. If you are thinking about them a lot it’s probably not a great idea to sell them just because you’ll feel regret. If you kind of forget that they are there and packed away, maybe you can sell one? 

I have most of my dolls packed away now because I don’t have a lot of space but just knowing they are there and I can pull them out at any time makes me smile. 

I hope things pick up for you and you can hopefully enjoy your dolls again!

I have actually done this before, it was when I had to move home and all I kept thinking was that I wanted my dolls with me 😕 I don't know why, I cherish them so much but then feel awful that I don't do anything with them anymore.

2 hours ago, Silent said:

Hi.

First of all welcome to the comunity and this forum. 

Personally, I sometimes play more and sometimes less with my dolls. I dont go with them out, I think that my dolls have their own life

and I am only visiting their lifes in their world. My dolls need privacy and time for themselves. (and once upon a time a new friend). On 

the other hand thy pity is that friend in my town stopped playig with her dolls and be interested in them. Which is pity because my doll 

comunity cant meet other. But nothing lasts forever. But would like to go to some Europe-based meet somewhere near central europe after all thoose pandemic vaves (near Germany, or Poland or Hungary)

I also enjoy reading doll stuff on this forum and new company projects etc.

All my dolls are my friends. I cant imagine my life without them.

Do what-ever you feel that might be right. Take your time. :) 

Thank you, that is a very different way of looking at it. 

• Like 1

Veravey

I agree with @Gabihime. I've sold collection pieces on a whim of feeling down about them, and then regretted it a couple years later. I even re-bought a couple dolls.

Don't feel pressured to engage with your dolls 100% of the time, its normal to have lulls and give other hobbies or life-events more focus sometimes. In fact, I encourage it; it could give you a new perspective. What's important is to decide if even looking at the dolls (or any item) gives you joy. If so, then they're worth keeping in my books because to me and for my mental health, its important to be around things that give me joy not stress ♡´・ᴗ・`♡

Hope you feel better, we're here for you~

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

[Chichi9521]
4 minutes ago, Gabihime said:

If it’s not an issue of needing emergency funds, I would hold off on it.  I have large collections of different things, and at various points I have considered selling them, and I am really glad I have never pulled the trigger.   My G1 MLPs are currently boxed due to size constraints of our current living arrangements, and I haven’t had all my nendos out in about six years.  Sometimes my dolls stand posed in their favorite clothes for a long time, and sometimes I change their outfits and poses a lot.  It’s okay to not be super involved with them constantly.  That doesn’t mean you don’t like them.  It sounds like you might be experiencing depression.  Forgive me for overstepping, but I’m a type II bipolar depressive, so I am intimately acquainted with depression.  It’s just a normal and regular part of my life.  It’s okay if you can’t get excited about things right now.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you’re doing.  You don’t have to prove that you deserve to own your dolls, either to yourself or to anyone else. It’s fine to love them in your own way, in your own time.  Silent is absolutely right in saying all things pass, and if your way of enjoying your dolls right now is just knowing that they’re there, wearing their favorite outfits, that’s okay.

It kind of is a little money related actually, but at the same time I have no clue where I would even start with selling these dolls plus, if I did sell anything immediate it would just be clothes for now. It's good to know that, and no you are correct I do suffer with depression so good spot. Thank you so much for your message, it has been very uplifting and knowing I don't have to prove to myself that I deserve these dolls. Hopefully this will pass, I do really enjoy the company of having them, even if I don't change them much I just like having them there

• Like 1

[Chichi9521]
4 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I agree with @Gabihime. I've sold collection pieces on a whim of feeling down about them, and then regretted it a couple years later. I even re-bought a couple dolls.

Don't feel pressured to engage with your dolls 100% of the time, its normal to have lulls and give other hobbies or life-events more focus sometimes. In fact, I encourage it; it could give you a new perspective. What's important is to decide if even looking at the dolls (or any item) gives you joy. If so, then they're worth keeping in my books because to me and for my mental health, its important to be around things that give me joy not stress ♡´・ᴗ・`♡

Hope you feel better, we're here for you~

Thank you, I really do enjoy looking at them and having them around, I actually had a dream that someone stole them and I was super sad and when I woke up it made me realise that I would miss them terribly. That is true, I am very much into Cinnamoroll right now, maybe I will get back into Dollfie's later in life. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, [Chichi9521] said:

Thank you, I really do enjoy looking at them and having them around, I actually had a dream that someone stole them and I was super sad and when I woke up it made me realise that I would miss them terribly. That is true, I am very much into Cinnamoroll right now, maybe I will get back into Dollfie's later in life. 

I think it's pretty normal for people to move from one thing to another, and then come back around again. They're dolls, so you can put them down for awhile and pick them up again later. Everyone has their own way of enjoying them, and if this is how you are enjoying yours now, then that's perfectly fine. It's not like a pet or a child who will feel stressed if it's being ignored for a few months.

Just be sure to dust them off every so often.

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Veravey
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Yes this, at least dust or store them comfortably haha 

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

[Chichi9521]
11 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I think it's pretty normal for people to move from one thing to another, and then come back around again. They're dolls, so you can put them down for awhile and pick them up again later. Everyone has their own way of enjoying them, and if this is how you are enjoying yours now, then that's perfectly fine. It's not like a pet or a child who will feel stressed if it's being ignored for a few months.

That is very true, a good way of looking at it. Haha I sure will dust them :)