Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD Meiko

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Some tidbits I’ve seen posted around the twittersphere are that she’ll be a preorder and be 72600 yen before tax...which I think is more than the others have been so I’m really not 100% sure if I can justify getting her at the moment.

Twitter translate is a big vague, but her order period for DD stores is April 19th to May 5th. That sure sounds like a pre-order period as opposed to a lottery period to me. 

Her Senbonzakura set will be released with her.

GS/VS/VIP membership is required, and it takes time to process member applications so I recommend signing up now.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
On 3/8/2021 at 2:13 PM, BeyondTime said:

Twitter translate is a big vague, but her order period for DD stores is April 19th to May 5th. That sure sounds like a pre-order period as opposed to a lottery period to me. 

Her Senbonzakura set will be released with her.

GS/VS/VIP membership is required, and it takes time to process member applications so I recommend signing up now.

I’m kinda glad they went with this Senbonzakura outfit though because her original one was a ridiculously elaborate maiko thing complete with giant ornate wig and huge geta. It might have looked impressive in doll form but not sure how popular it would be... I’m not a big fan of the song and it’s imagery anyway though.

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, Monty said:

I’m kinda glad they went with this Senbonzakura outfit though

I like the styling of this one. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Geck_O

I am so excited to see her preview! Just signed up for the global membership so I can bring her home! Meiko is one of my favorite vocaloids so I'm glad she's getting the chance to shine!

OccultBeast
9 minutes ago, Monty said:

I’m kinda glad they went with this Senbonzakura outfit though because her original one was a ridiculously elaborate maiko thing complete with giant ornate wig and huge geta. It might have looked impressive in doll form but not sure how popular it would be... I’m not a big fan of the song and it’s imagery anyway though.

I'm honestly shook that they decided to go with this one, because I absolutely could have resisted the Rei-no-Sakura Camellia outfit, but the one they decided to release for her instead is just too good.  I'm really, really weak for thigh-high boots...  I suspect they decided to go with this one over Rei-no-Sakura Camellia because she would have needed an elaborate wig, plus she's shown in that module wearing traditional makeup, so I think they skipped it since they couldn't easily deliver the whole look, which was a smart move.  It is a shame her standard outfit is 'doom material,' though.  Rip that price, too.

I also agree that her face would be so good for a boy, or even a more neutral/androgynous character, so Volks really has me sweating over a character doll that I had no intentions of buying originally.  If only her red theme didn't clash with my blue/teal aesthetic...!

ETA: Do you think they'll offer preorders for her via the US Volks branch, even if much later on?

Edited by OccultBeast
eta
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
On 3/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, OccultBeast said:

Rip that price, too.

She probably comes with the microphone, may have a headset too. I’m not surprised her price is higher.  

On 3/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, OccultBeast said:

Do you think they'll offer preorders for her via the US Volks branch, even if much later on?

Usually yes, the dolls in the Japan releases are sold through Volks USA with very few exceptions. We have to wait for an official announcement though.

It would be unusual for Volks USA not to carry a Vocaloid release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OccultBeast
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

She probably comes with the microphone, may have a headset too. I’m not surprised her price is higher.  

She's not ever shown with a headset, even in any of her other official modules, but that's true that she must come with a full height microphone and stand.  Hatsune Miku's Reboot version was 65,800 yen, so I guess it's really not too much of a leap from that when you think about it.

Monty
On 3/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, BeyondTime said:

Luka came with a mic stand, Takoluka plush and her outfit is more elaborate than Meiko’s IMO, but her RRP was 69000 before tax...I suppose it’s more the f3 tax, which makes sense when I think about it but was still a bit of a shock after the others. It’s not high up there as DD prices go, just a lot for a doll I’m on the fence about, so I look forward to more pics to help me decide.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Luka came with a mic stand, Takoluka plush and her outfit is more elaborate than Meiko’s IMO, but her RRP was 69000 before tax...I suppose it’s more the f3 tax

All I can say is with that skirt and that price, she better come with panties. XD

• Haha 3

finnleo
14 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

All I can say is with that skirt and that price, she better come with panties.

Return of the faux C-string? (If you dont know, dont google)

18 minutes ago, Monty said:

I suppose it’s more the f3 tax, which makes sense when I think about it but was still a bit of a shock after the others.

While less overall coverage the outfit seems to have things going on that Luka's didnt. Lined, zippers. the plastic collar and armbands. The mic gets the recycle treatment from Luka though so no design costs there - though it seems to have some doohickey on a lead thats just out of frame in the twitter pics.

But overall if we are talking 70+k yen, I dont see it in the pictures unfortunately.

• Haha 1

Monty
29 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

All I can say is with that skirt and that price, she better come with panties. XD

The others all have, so I don’t doubt it...I just hope they aren’t black like Luka’s.  Luka’s needed to be black because of the part that’s (barely) visible where the slit in her dress is, so hopefully not for Meiko, but after taking Luka’s required default photos I yanked those things off/replaced white whites/sealed them back in the bag like a cursed object. Stains are bad enough without them being crotch stains.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

JChiibs

Ahhhh! She's so cute! I hadn't thought too much about her in detail from being afraid that I would be disappointed but her face looks exactly like I had hoped for! I am annoyed that Volks did not make her into a DDdy but it surprises me not at all. They have almost never, ever had a DDdy in a preorder. I'm actually in a little bit of shock. From the random thought years ago that if they ever did Meiko that the only use I'd have for her would to be a friend for Dakota and (based on the Hansel & Gretel Project Diva song) make her into a witch who could teach Naiomi magic properly. 😂 I didn't even take the thought seriously at the time because I still have 'throwaway' DD ideas from time to time that don't stick. But this one did and I'm so shocked to be so thoroughly stoked that she has actually materialized. I never expected to be so excited over Meiko when I despised her for years. Sometimes I have a bad habit of that (ranting about a character for a long time until it gets around to when the DD version appears and by then I have finally figured out how their specific character can be used for my purposes...) 😏

I truly hope that they have her through Volks USA (can't think of why they wouldn't) because Paypal fees for Yen conversion are horrible even for smaller purchases from AmiAmi. I regularly have to tack on 20% plus another $20 just to make sure I have enough to cover my Nendoroid orders. I don't even want to calculate what it would turn out to be for a DD. I'd much rather wait longer to get her through Volks USA than play the guessing game of what Paypal will charge. I've tried numerous times to research precisely what their fees are and they purposely make it flat-out confusing so you can't even complain that you were overcharged. But they are often my only option for international orders.

I will also have another problem... what to do with the extra body once Meiko is shifted to a DDdy😆 There is such a bad habit around here between Raven and I that extra bodies spawns more characters. What I really need is boy bodies. 😄 And even though we have been pretty quiet in the DD realm, it doesn't stop Yuriko from deciding she wants another sister since Tama won't let her dress him in frilly girl dresses, Poppy is more of a rough and tumble girl like Rainie, Rainie is, well, Rainie and would through the biggest fit if Yuriko even tried. So one day when Raven was looking at DD clothes Yuriko stated very loudly that she needs a new MDD sister, one that would wear floofy maid outfits and serve her cookies. 😅 We tried to ignore it but Mallory still got into the planning phases. It's only because I'm trying to save for Meiko that she was put on a back burner. One of the times we had an extra body is when Ralph happened. I know it happened at other times but I can't remember. I have multiple DD boy heads waiting for bodies but I don't think I have any DD girls at the moment. *Sigh* And this is one reason why I save so much more than I actually need for preorder DD because there is always extra costs. This time it might be a new head, wig and eyes... 😆

I think Meiko's sculpt is a great candidate for a guy! I personally find that a lot of the chubbier/rounder DD faces often work for a guy. She also doesn't have the 'girly eyelashes' either so she could actually be used for an androgynous character as well if they like thick makeup if kept as her default. LOL! Her type of face reminds me of one of Katnaper's DD boys who used Mari's sculpt I think. It's been so long that my brains are rusty. I'd love to see Meiko as a boy! 😍

Finally getting a pic of Meiko today has made me really happy even if I don't like the crunch it takes to save for a DD on such short notice. Still, just her pic alone feels like a prize after the pain and hell I went through last night when testing a new food backfired so very badly. I honestly did not expect in the least to feel so excited about Meiko. Three years later and I'm still trying to get a grasp on how to still do things for our DD. I still feel so overwhelmingly daunted by doing clothes even if I have my Cricut Maker to help cut out fabric. I can't figure out why I get so frozen up inside just trying to sort out sewing. It isn't the first time it has happened but it is certainly the longest. I need to sort it out or Meiko will be naked... 😁

(Sorry about all the emojis. I tend to do that when I'm tired and I need to break up the text to not overwhelm my dyslexia, freak out, and close the window before I can even reply. I seriously don't do it to annoy people. I'm also sorry about repeating myself. Constant brain fog makes everything confused.)

~Chiibs

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

foo
3 hours ago, Monty said:

I’m also not keen on her outfit being 100% doom material but I had been dreading that from the beginning...

Yeah, unfortunately doom material is pretty much what her outfit was made for.

Miruna

Ok well, there goes my money.  The face looks amazing,  it really feels like her. 

• Like 1

Roxanne

I think she looks too cute for Meiko personally. I think she should have looked way more mature. 

• Like 1

My instagram! 

JChiibs

If anyone is interested I've drawn up a croquis (silhouette for the purpose clothing design) of Meiko that anyone is free to use. There is full black brush style lines, 50% black brush style lines, full black fine lines, and 50% black fine lines. They are all the same image. The brush style is how I drew it in Illustrator (vector images) with pressure sensitive brushes and the fine lines are the same lines with a thin, less stylized line type depending on what someone would want. The 50% black is to make it easier to see drawn lines over once printed out compared to the black lines. These are sized to print on a single printer page so I would suggest downloading the full-sized image from Flickr for the best quality. These can also be used to draw on the computer if you have the skills or don't want to print it out.

I figured that this might help me with sorting out some ideas for my Custom Meiko's clothes and thought they might be helpful to others as well. I will need to take some other pics of Miss Lottie for the DDdy Meiko version. I took some slight liberties in the drawings by making the joints more human-like so don't expect the elbows to have the balls. I'm also bad at drawing hands and feet, so just take that part with a grain of salt. 😆 Let me know if you find this helpful or if there is changes you would like to see. I didn't do her facial features because it might be distracting so I made her more generic. The pose from the photos was not the best to use for this but it was just a quick and dirty job so I could start sketching clothes, hoping to feel less daunted about sewing. My OCD gets really bad when it comes to DD clothes and is one of the reasons I tend to freeze up over seemingly simple things.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to add an in-line images because posting the Flickr link into "insert other media" was not working/would not work when clicking the 'insert into post' button and Flickr no longer has the BBC code in the share photo option.

One thing I'm trying to sort out is would DDdy Meiko be a normal bust or a shapely? Any suggestions?

~Chiibs

• Thanks 1

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Beani

For those worrying over price, she is 72600 yen including the 10% sales tax and does include a stand mic. Volks use to not include tax in Volks News but they all note tax included now. 

I was expecting her a little more mature looking as well but she looks pretty spunky and has a nice face. Looking forward to seeing owner pics for her!

Edited by Beani
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monty
1 hour ago, Beani said:

For those worrying over price, she is 72600 yen including the 10% sales tax and does include a stand mic. Volks use to not include tax in Volks News but they all note tax included now. 

That’s a big relief! I kept seeing people reporting her price but was so used to the Volks news price being the pre-tax price, and I haven’t bought a new Volks doll since Arle so admittedly haven’t really been paying attention.

I also realised she’s an M bust which also did surprise me too but I also don’t really care because I don’t have any M girls. To be honest the only thing about her body I actually do wish was different is that I thought it’d be a nice opportunity to introduce one-piece torsos for DDf3. Her top does kinda cover the torso seam, but in some of those pictures taken from a slightly lower angle it’s pretty visible. I also think the onepiece torso has a much more natural looking waist, which would have helped a lot given that her outfit exposes it so much. But...I also would probably barely have her in her default outfit anyway if I got her, so...

Edited by Monty

HazelMaze

I'm personally pretty disappointed with this release! I was praying for DdDy( I am not surprised it didn't happen) but frankly she looks to me like "Miku with a better face-up" (No hate to Miku of course, she just isn't the doll for me!)

Maybe owner photos will be better but she just falls flat for me! Still glad she is being released/ excited for those that do want her!

• Like 1

marishade

Wow, she looks much better than I was expecting (apart form her outfit). Dang, I could almost convince myself to by her. . . Except I am already up to 6 Dollfies. . . I like her sculpt though, the mouth is different than what I am used to seeing from DDs.

magique

She looks like she could be really cute, but the angle is throwing me off. I'll have to wait for owner photos.

Beani

Just a few quick snaps of Volks News.

8A9AEF4F-9DA6-4CD4-989D-1E62B897C6D8.jpeg

4AC5EC88-DD41-4F12-93D5-903146F0EFA9.jpeg

F914F96B-AD85-45B9-AFE4-AA3785CD1155.jpeg

B1AD40B6-A91D-4640-816E-5CBC98218108.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, marishade said:

Except I am already up to 6 Dollfies.

Lately I’ve been telling myself I should set an upper limit of 60. ._.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

magique
1 hour ago, Beani said:

Just a few quick snaps of Volks News.

8A9AEF4F-9DA6-4CD4-989D-1E62B897C6D8.jpeg

4AC5EC88-DD41-4F12-93D5-903146F0EFA9.jpeg

F914F96B-AD85-45B9-AFE4-AA3785CD1155.jpeg

B1AD40B6-A91D-4640-816E-5CBC98218108.jpeg

oh, she's so charming! I'll definitely preorder her. Though I don't really like her outfit.