Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
miraclelovely

DD Marya

miraclelovely

so, after getting my Manaka i started to look into more dollfies, more in depth to see who i might want to add to my collection down the line. Marya really stood out to me, but whenever i search for her name in EN or JP, hardly anything at all even comes up. i've been checking for the last few months to see if she'd pop up anywhere for sale as well, because i really do enjoy her sculpt and default faceup a lot (as well as the outfit and wig she comes with), but i've also seen nothing in that regard either. basically, i'm just wondering how uncommon is this girl? is she just not popular because she's a Volks original character?

if anyone reading this happens to have a Marya, feel free to post some photos of her down below! i just really love that soft and sweet expression she's got. i feel like it would match so well with Manaka ^^"

finnleo

if you are talking about the lost angels story Marya, then here's a few not so great photos i put up here from five years ago. (I did point out in that post, but the default plastic heels are swapped with the boots)

Marya is a bit odd, since she shouldnt be any more rare than Shino in regards to the character series she comes from, but I seem to remember seeing more Shino's than Marya's for sale over the years. Could be the outfit, which might be offputting to some westeners but for me is more desirable than shino's minimaid thing. The wig is also as you mentioned quite nice to have around, and caters to the himecut fanbase.

she was also released in a period when quite a few fullsets wound up parted straight in Y!JA so the set numbers might have thinned through those means too.

There's lots of speculation about production numbers but there is a some chance that since she is the last to be released in the lost angels series, that if the general sales numbers or immediate sales rates werent that hight for the previous dolls in the series, that they cut back on production for Marya.

But I found mine on y!ja by chance along with a yoko when I wasnt even really looking for one ... so time, patience, and all that good stuff.

• Like 1

miraclelovely
21 hours ago, finnleo said:

if you are talking about the lost angels story Marya, then here's a few not so great photos i put up here from five years ago. (I did point out in that post, but the default plastic heels are swapped with the boots)

Marya is a bit odd, since she shouldnt be any more rare than Shino in regards to the character series she comes from, but I seem to remember seeing more Shino's than Marya's for sale over the years. Could be the outfit, which might be offputting to some westeners but for me is more desirable than shino's minimaid thing. The wig is also as you mentioned quite nice to have around, and caters to the himecut fanbase.

she was also released in a period when quite a few fullsets wound up parted straight in Y!JA so the set numbers might have thinned through those means too.

There's lots of speculation about production numbers but there is a some chance that since she is the last to be released in the lost angels series, that if the general sales numbers or immediate sales rates werent that hight for the previous dolls in the series, that they cut back on production for Marya.

But I found mine on y!ja by chance along with a yoko when I wasnt even really looking for one ... so time, patience, and all that good stuff.

she's just so pretty, thank you for the link to the photoset though!  i also prefer Marya's outfit over Shino's lolol, but i can agree with you in seeing the appeal on Shino. hearing all that about the production numbers makes sense though, i wouldn't doubt that there was just fewer of her made compared to others. i'll keep my eyes peeled on Mandarake and y!ja from time to time, and hope i don't miss her! thank you very much for your reply and it was interesting to learn some more about her.