Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 92

abs2891
10 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

Sigh. I'd love to have either of those boys (especially the 26), but it doesn't look like they will be open for online lottery like last year. 

Yeah, the event is all systems go for being held in person this year so no access via web ><

BeyondTime

Got a shipping notice for the July Items.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Wasabi

Same here! Now playing the refresh game with the tracking website.

This also means I really need to start sewing some stain prevention shorts. One of the items I ordered is a black skirt, and I don't trust it one bit.

toughstermcg

Finally arrived! One of each lucky bag:

spacer.png

Got the star eyes from the premium gacha! I have to really squint to tell the difference between these and the normal version, but I'd been wanting a pair of those in purple anyway.

spacer.png

Mostly older eyes, but all pretty cool. The three pairs in the middle are 18mm, which isn't surprising since they must have a lot of smaller size animetics to get rid of, but the promo info for these lucky bags made it seem like the prizes would all be DD-size.

spacer.png

Volks wigs are mostly not my style but I thought I'd get a bag just for fun, and I don't hate these! The dark purple shag might actually be the same style one of my resin dolls is wearing right now, haha. Might try the blonde one on Marisa when she gets here and keep the others around just to play with.

• Like 1

foo

Oof. Ok, the cute hakama arrived. Of all the doll clothes I've bought over the years, this is the first time I've gotten a real hakama. It needs to be tied properly. I spent an hour and a half. I used this lovely video for instructions,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kBZqkCFtw

I had to improvise too though, because the straps are thicker and not as long, and there's an extra part I had to figure out (the white obi thing that's completely hidden).

It's a cute outfit but TBH I find it hard to recommend due to how difficult it is (dolls do not co-operate no matter how sweetly you ask). I'm wondering when I'm going to use it again...

mdd-hakama.jpg

This seems to be the same wig they're using in the product photos, it's the wig I got her in when I got her at Doll Point :) The wigs they had didn't suit her character, so I picked up a ponytail wig because ponytails are godly.

Edit: I noticed that they're selling the white part separately soon,

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_210801_HTDK18/4518992428864.html

It's called 'waist padding for kimono', and I think that's if your doll has a bust and it's going to be a poor fit unless you add padding. So now I'm looking at taking this outfit apart and tying it up again without the padding piece in place...

Edit 2: Nope, the obi doesn't sit flat/smooth without it. Sigh...

Edited by foo
  • Like 2

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, foo said:

I spent an hour and a half. I used this lovely video for instructions,

The furisode they released awhile back were the same. I haven’t used them much because tying all the knots is difficult, and it’s basically it’s like putting on a real kimono. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Wasabi
4 hours ago, foo said:

Oof. Ok, the cute hakama arrived. Of all the doll clothes I've bought over the years, this is the first time I've gotten a real hakama. It needs to be tied properly. I spent an hour and a half. I used this lovely video for instructions,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kBZqkCFtw

Thanks for the link, I have two of these sets on the way (the red and the white one), so this will be fun.

I'm actually kind of happy that they tie like an actual hakama! And the waist padding makes sense to me. the traditional kimono silhouette is completely straight. 

OccultBeast
10 hours ago, foo said:

It's called 'waist padding for kimono', and I think that's if your doll has a bust and it's going to be a poor fit unless you add padding. So now I'm looking at taking this outfit apart and tying it up again without the padding piece in place...

Edit 2: Nope, the obi doesn't sit flat/smooth without it. Sigh...

These exist in real life and are essential for wearing Kimono.  There are also "Kimono Bras" which are designed to flatten the bust slightly.  The goal in wearing Kimono is to make the garment look good, and Kimono are designed to show off a cylinder shape.  Because the human body is obviously not a cylinder, we use padding to fill out the middle.  DDs have extremely narrow waists, so wearing Kimono padding is essential.

I'm glad they're going to sell the padding by itself!  Though, you can just wrap a piece of cloth around your DD and tie it into place with a string in a pinch, but it's always nice to have an 'official' piece for those who want it.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

There are also "Kimono Bras" which are designed to flatten the bust slightly.

That was one of my issues with putting that Kimono on Miki, that part of a dd is most definitely not squishy. @onion9@

I should get her an S bust for when she wears that. 

• Haha 1

BeyondTime

Trying to check out a clothing purchase with all the people fighting to buy Emelia V2... Fun times! 😄

foo

Me too 😄 The Add to Cart button was there for Skadi.... sigh.

Ui-
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Trying to check out a clothing purchase with all the people fighting to buy Emelia V2... Fun times! 😄

LMAO Sorry. I got both though! What a CRAZY clickwar. I’d go to pay and get the red "NO” page, over and over. She went out of stock probably 3 minutes after I got my order number. 

At least I don’t have the bloody insane lottery in USA… guaranteed one now. I’m so happy I could scream.

archeotech

Got Skadi but no dice on Emilia for me. Website is just a mess to deal with.

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, foo said:

Me too 😄 The Add to Cart button was there for Skadi.... sigh.

You got another doll?

1 minute ago, Ui- said:

LMAO Sorry. I got both though! What a CRAZY clickwar. I’d go to pay and get the red "NO” page, over and over. She went out of stock probably 3 minutes after I got my order number. 

At least I don’t have the bloody insane lottery in USA… guaranteed one now. I’m so happy I could scream.

No worries, I hope more folks were able to get her. I had the same loop you did every time I tried to check out with Caster, but managed to succeed in the end. The checkout was OK with my clothes purchase. It was just getting all the clothing into my cart that was a struggle. 😂

I got the wedding dresses and the geta which were the items I was most worried about going out of stock.

2 minutes ago, archeotech said:

Got Skadi but no dice on Emilia for me. Website is just a mess to deal with.

It was worse than it's been in awhile, but it was better than it was at it's worst. I think they made a mistake by having the dolls and the clothes go live at the same time, but overall their site stayed pretty accessible. I am sure Emelia was be the worst of the lot to get; she's just so super popular.

foo
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You got another doll?

No, Yaya's standing next to my keyboard. She's possessive.

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, foo said:

No, Yaya's standing next to my keyboard. She's possessive.

lol

BeyondTime
On 8/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, foo said:

Of all the doll clothes I've bought over the years, this is the first time I've gotten a real hakama. It needs to be tied properly.

I'm curious if you tried it on Iori? DDP isn't listed as a fit, but I wonder how off the fit is. I think the hakama being slightly short in the legs won't be an issue, but I am betting the sleeves are going to look off.

I'm going to enter for the white one in the US lottery, but Iori would be my only reason to try and get the red mini one.

foo
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm curious if you tried it on Iori? DDP isn't listed as a fit, but I wonder how off the fit is. I think the hakama being slightly short in the legs won't be an issue, but I am betting the sleeves are going to look off.

I really don't see it fitting Iori, this is how they look side by side,

DSC_1832nx.jpg

• Like 1

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, foo said:

I really don't see it fitting Iori, this is how they look side by side,

That’s way off. XD

Not having an MDD I can’t picture the size difference in my head, so thank you. 

AliensOfGold
On 8/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, Cinnamoron said:

Got my July Collection/ Premium Gacha order and made a short video of my goodies.  Here’s the link, if that’s your thing! 

I got the bikini sets for DDP and DDdy and that same t-shirt.

Edited by AliensOfGold

BeyondTime

Volks USA is doing their Volks News free shipping campaign. 

• Like 1

baldylox
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks USA is doing their Volks News free shipping campaign. 

My buddy Ed told me this earlier today so I grabbed my issue of Volks News!  

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime

Won the white Hakama and a bikini, and I don’t see any groups either. 

BeyondTime

Volks USA has their lottery page up for the HTD18 clothing items.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/event/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1990&page=1