Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Emil

DD Yukino v2 is home at last!

Emil

After around 8 or 9 years of wanting her, I've finally managed to get a DD Yukino 2nd Ver. I got her from Dollyteria for a fairly low price (she had a good bit of staining on her lower torso/legs). Unfortunately, the frames in the thighs have cracks (not mentioned in the Dollyteria description...) so I'll probably just let this body be stain testing and dark outfit fun I guess.

20210712_181506.jpg

20210712_181534.jpg

20210712_181737.jpg

20210712_182701.jpg

Her wig is a bit messy so I've been cleaning it and trying to re-style the bangs... but I'm so glad she's home! 😄 and the little chibi version of her on the box is so cute!!

• Like 3

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
55 minutes ago, FabledAlyssum said:

Unfortunately, the frames in the thighs have cracks (not mentioned in the Dollyteria description...) so I'll probably just let this body be stain testing and dark outfit fun I guess.

If it’s the part of the frame that connects to the post in the torso, you can repair that to some extent with metal rings you get from coolcats. It most likely won’t be a tight as it would if it wasn’t cracked, but it’s better than nothing. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox

Hooray!  I love Yukino!  She's just so adorable and pretty!  Congrats on finally getting your girl!  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

MrFjmg03

Congratulations. She is so cute. I saw her for sale there and the price was so low I was tempted to get her myself. But I only wanted her for the eyes LOL I already got a V2 Yukino but she didn’t come with the original eyes.

She is so cute and I can’t wait to see more pictures of her:)

• Like 1

Emil
On 7/15/2021 at 12:49 AM, BeyondTime said:

If it’s the part of the frame that connects to the post in the torso, you can repair that to some extent with metal rings you get from coolcats. It most likely won’t be a tight as it would if it wasn’t cracked, but it’s better than nothing. 

Yeah, someone's linked me to those already. I plan to grab some so the cracking doesn't get worse. TY!

9 hours ago, baldylox said:

Hooray!  I love Yukino!  She's just so adorable and pretty!  Congrats on finally getting your girl!  <3 

Billy

She really is! I feel like 03 has a very special charm to it. Definitely my favourite DD head. 

9 hours ago, MrFjmg03 said:

Congratulations. She is so cute. I saw her for sale there and the price was so low I was tempted to get her myself. But I only wanted her for the eyes LOL I already got a V2 Yukino but she didn’t come with the original eyes.

She is so cute and I can’t wait to see more pictures of her:)

Yeah, the price was fairly low so I won't complain too much about the cracks in the thigh frame, but it still irks me dollyteria wouldn't check beforehand and list that in the description... (it only mentioned she was stained in terms of damage.)

I'll be sure to post a lot of pictures of her! I have to order her an L bust and an outfit just for her soon...

• Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, FabledAlyssum said:

Yeah, someone's linked me to those already. I plan to grab some so the cracking doesn't get worse. TY!

They do compress the joint slightly, so they make the joints tighter, but when the joint is cracked it reduces the effect.

9 hours ago, FabledAlyssum said:

Yeah, the price was fairly low so I won't complain too much about the cracks in the thigh frame

Depending on the degree of cracking that isn’t hard to miss, and it’s possible the cracking got worse as she sat in her box waiting to get sold. When I got my Miki Hoshi from Jungle she had a cracked shoulder, they didn’t mention it in the listing, and I didn’t even notice it until it clicked with me that one arm moved more easily than the other. I am sure Jungle didn’t intend to mislead me, they probably just never even realized there was a slight crack in the shoulder. I had the coolcats shoulder parts so I just slapped one on and it improved the friction. Eventually Miki moved to a unitorso M and the issue is gone.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil

Completely forgot to update here! This all happened back in July shortly after I got her. I contacted Dollyteria a few days later with images of the cracking and they sent replacement arms+legs free. I do plan to buy from them again eventually (though probably only f3 bodies) they actually replaced the broken parts. I also gave Yukino my M bust unitorso so that she could have all newer dd3 frame instead of the fragile early dd3 frame.