Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

Hazukami
On 3/8/2022 at 12:27 PM, BeyondTime said:

Volks is basically a hobby company, and customization is fully supported. 

I would love to see a Princess Kraehe DD. Her character arc was so tragic, but I loved how she got her happy ending. 

I'm not sure I'd get Tutu dollfies just b/c their short hair might not look good... like we barely got
a decent/okayish Saber ahoge, imagine the ones Tutu and Kraehe have? lol 
though they would be cheaper than most considering they have very simple one piece outfits . w.
Ahiru and Rue would look really good though! 

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, Hazukami said:

I can still pay the po box another 50usd to have the name under the first volks page, but I think I'd be faster/cheaper
to buy another GL membership on the new account lol I guess I'm just worried they'll realize the same card is being used
on 2 accounts and ban me for it and that would just altogether leave me without any dollfies ; A ;

What you can't do is use two accounts to order more than the allowed number of items that have a limit on the quantity you are allowed to purchase, or use them to enter a lottery / pre-order more than once. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Hazukami
46 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

What you can't do is use two accounts to order more than the allowed number of items that have a limit on the quantity you are allowed to purchase, or use them to enter a lottery / pre-order more than once. 

I have 0 intention of doing that! Which I figured was the main issue (buying more than one/entering more than one lottery unless it's NA and International)
But because I wasn't 100% sure and I seemed to keep confusing staff I decided to stop messaging the poor staff ; u ;
Thank you for letting me know. I guess my fears were kinda like with AmiAmi (diff. companies I know)
where they ban you for having two accounts in the same household since you can technically order more items like that.
If Volks is a lot more lenient than that then it's good, thank you for letting me know!

Katsudon
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Create your account well ahead of the event. You may be limited to credit card only for the purchase. If it requires GL, then sign up for GL a few weeks ahead. That will also give you a chance to test your card against their fraud system, which iirc is 3D Secure. During clickwars is a real bad time to be trial and erroring your bank cards. 

omfg thank you so much for this! I actually forgot I already had an account registered on their site, but hadn't tested to check that all my address info is in the right format and so on. Because oh wow it was not. So I bought GL membership anyway just in case/to test it. Phew! (Eh, it's like a fiver, so what the hell! It'll ease my weird British sense of superstition.)

• Like 1

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Hazukami said:

I guess my fears were kinda like with AmiAmi (diff. companies I know)
where they ban you for having two accounts in the same household since you can technically order more items like that.
If Volks is a lot more lenient than that then it's good, thank you for letting me know!

As far as I know you can have multiple orders per household as long as everyone is paying for their own stuff with their own bank account. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CaffeinatedCake
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Correct,

Sorry, I've gotten used to the clickwar release standard, so it's easy to fall into a line of thinking around clickwar releases. 

Understandable!! It's not an unreasonable assumption to make, tbh.

• Like 1

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Hazukami

After a lot of debate, being able to get a long purple wig that is either wavy or styled that way (I can style my own cosplay wigs, so as long as the wig can be styled..)
makes or breaks getting Anthy for me (100% on Utena, but I'm not a dollfie collector and 700usd x2 is a lot for me atm and color scheme I'm not 100% in love with and I'd be leaving both of them in their outfits- so no outfit change/doll play value for me outside of posing), so I was wondering if there's any dollfie or doll wig sellers? I checked Volks but none of the wigs were in the color I wanted 😕

Innocentsake

How soon should I purchase the GL membership? I'll be honest in saying I haven't purchased from International in a couple of years so this is the first time I'm needing to do this in order to try for a doll. The thing is I don't want to purchase it only to find out it is a click war since I know my chances with that aren't great considering how badly the site would crash for me when I used to participate in click wars in the past 🙃

I managed to raise funds for Anthy during the doll meet I attended over the weekend so that is all secured, just need Volks to announce the method of sale 😣

• Like 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Innocentsake said:

How soon should I purchase the GL membership? I'll be honest in saying I haven't purchased from International in a couple of years so this is the first time I'm needing to do this in order to try for a doll. The thing is I don't want to purchase it only to find out it is a click war

We'll know for sure when their page goes live, and that should be well ahead of the sales events. I would suggest buying GL a few weeks ahead; if GL is required to buy them. Membership is required for Anna & Elsa, so I think they will be processing a lot of applications before and during the Frozen order period. 

7 hours ago, Hazukami said:

so I was wondering if there's any dollfie or doll wig sellers?

You'll find loads of them. As far as I can tell most Korean bjd makers also make and sell doll wigs. There are a lot of merchants on Etsy who do so as well. 

mangaemi
7 hours ago, Innocentsake said:

How soon should I purchase the GL membership? I'll be honest in saying I haven't purchased from International in a couple of years so this is the first time I'm needing to do this in order to try for a doll. The thing is I don't want to purchase it only to find out it is a click war since I know my chances with that aren't great considering how badly the site would crash for me when I used to participate in click wars in the past 🙃

I’m in the same boat 😭 I just can’t accommodate/justify time and money for  a clickwar with high potential 0 of return. also, it’s like Volks hasn’t been singing my “song” for a few years and now finally they’ve done a release I’m excited for - I hope we both get our gals 🥰

• Like 3

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

OccultBeast

The Dolpa47 page updated with the Part 2 details!  Utena and Himemiya are confirmed to be a limited quantity in-hand sale at Tenshi no Sumika SHOP.  This page also confirms that they are planned for sale at the After Event including the online store on April 30th.  A special site for them is still in preparation.

It's worth noting perhaps that the After Event page only specifies two of the SD Interstellar Boys as being Online Limited Lottery, so I'm assuming this means Utena and Himemiya will be either Clickwar or full preorder?  The AE page is still being prepared as well, so we have to wait for more info.

mangaemi

Ahhhh it’s been a while for me… are After Events for fullest dolls always clickwar? 

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

abs2891

Not always - it’d be pretty unusual for the two new SD boys and they’re listed the same as Utena and Anthy right now.  

The two they called out as limited lottery are special in that they are a rerelease, making them both unusual and very limited. 

Edited by abs2891

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, mangaemi said:

Ahhhh it’s been a while for me… are After Events for fullest dolls always clickwar? 

It varies a bit, but lately clickwar is the most common for vinyls, and lottery is the most common for resins.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Monty
12 hours ago, abs2891 said:

Not always - it’d be pretty unusual for the two new SD boys and they’re listed the same as Utena and Anthy right now.  

The two they called out as limited lottery are special in that they are a rerelease, making them both unusual and very limited. 

Those two seem to get a rerelease every time there’s new dolls in the Boys Dorm series, which is kinda funny, although it seems like it’s always a very small number. It makes me wonder if they’re true rereleases or if they’ve just held back this much new old stock of them to do it with.

• Like 1

Hazukami

When you're not sure if clickwar or lottery is worse lol..
On one note, you personally can try to beat others in a clickwar
but I prefer lottery since at that point I have the same chance as everyone and leave it up to luck. T uT
This way I'm not frustrated at timing, internet or website etc.
Wish I could attend the event myself and I know there are services for it but they're so expensive OTL
On another note, wish we knew someone that did attend, this way we'd know the demand of both Anthy and Utena
and which sold the most and just how fast etc. (probs Anthy, but still)

• Like 1

mangaemi

for anyone that’s done a recent clickwar - did you have to call your cc company ahead of time to advise that the out of country charge was going to be legit? Or did you use PayPal successfully (been so long I can’t remember if they stopped allowing that or not)? 😅

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, mangaemi said:

Or did you use PayPal successfully

Iirc PayPal is an option during clickwars. It's the pre-order / lottery events that disallow PayPal. 

mangaemi
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Iirc PayPal is an option during clickwars. It's the pre-order / lottery events that disallow PayPal. 

Oh thank god… I may go on there in the interim and see if there’s any goodie I’ve wanted just to run through the process once and get all my ducks in a row. My Utena shrine is crying out for these gals. 

BeyondTime

The one thing that often hits people is the zip code error. You don’t want to fix that in the middle of a click war. 

mangaemi
57 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The one thing that often hits people is the zip code error. You don’t want to fix that in the middle of a click war. 

Ah - well, and I’m probably very wrong - once you add the items into the cart that’s half the battle right?  Don’t you get like 10 or 15min to finish out the transaction? 

(I feel so rusty on my dollfie game 😵💫)

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, mangaemi said:

Don’t you get like 10 or 15min to finish out the transaction? 

During click wars the site often becomes inaccessible and throws load errors. 

They changed their system from first-in-cart to first-checked-out. You really need to get the doll in your cart and get out before they run out of stock, or load issues cause the site to become inaccessible. If you have to fumble around fixing account issues your chance of not getting them goes up. 

Most likely they will need to be purchased separately too, so you’re looking at two checkouts if you want both. I’d go for Anthy first, just my opinion but I think she’s going to sell faster than Utena. 

• Like 1

moerunamida

When I got my Sakura Miku during a click war, I took experience from this dragon game I play. Had my alarm set 10 minutes before the event, had all pages saved and opened in tabs so I could add items to my cart as quick as possible along with the check out tab. Click wars still make me nervous though. Wishing all best of luck entering for these girls ♥

• Like 2

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

mangaemi
19 minutes ago, Eighteafive said:

When I got my Sakura Miku during a click war, I took experience from this dragon game I play. Had my alarm set 10 minutes before the event, had all pages saved and opened in tabs so I could add items to my cart as quick as possible along with the check out tab. Click wars still make me nervous though. Wishing all best of luck entering for these girls ♥

That was my thought too - I’ve done this with other websites and just refresh and tab refresh and tab then checkout…. Assuming Volks will have the listing up first beforehand just showing as “preparing.”  If all else I could try to nab my husband to help and him camp for Utena and I camp for Anthy… but then, if it’s required, might call for two GL memberships. 😑

• Like 2