Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

JJRed
58 minutes ago, Chise said:

Dolpa 47 was just last week, they are probably still catching up on things! give it a little bit more

35 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Volks takes forever to ship stuff.

Thank you guys so much I’ll give it a little more time.😅

KittyFields
11 hours ago, JJRed said:

Ok I’m a little stressed out. I just bought something from the Volks international store on the 21st and it’s still saying processing does it usually take this long? I just wanted to try to get something before I try to get the girls. I really want them and I don’t want any hiccups are screwup‘s.😰

I just got a shipping notice for stuff I ordered from Volks Japan on the 20th. (I got my boyfriend into vinyl dolls recently and he needed some stuff from Volks Japan, so it was the perfect time to test that my credit card and address info worked. Now I know I'm ready to go for the Utena/Anthy click war!)

Nikn

The shoes will fit her, but I'm afraid the dress is too big, she's a DDS with a M bust and that dress is for L bust.

The M to L difference in bust size is HUGE, the dress is going to be very loose and ill fitting. (and since DDS are 5 cm shorter, the dress might also by a bit too long on her)

BeyondTime
On 4/25/2022 at 8:23 PM, JJRed said:

I just bought something from the Volks international store on the 21st and it’s still saying processing does it usually take this long?

They will send your stuff, but depending on the number of orders in their queue it can take time. I think they have a goal of less than 14 days, but since Covid that has slipped. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

JJRed
6 hours ago, Nikn said:

The shoes will fit her, but I'm afraid the dress is too big, she's a DDS with a M bust and that dress is for L bust.

The M to L difference in bust size is HUGE, the dress is going to be very loose and ill fitting. (and since DDS are 5 cm shorter, the dress might also by a bit too long on her)

Edited by JJRed
Thanks for letting me know maybe I can adjust it because when I put that dress on her I mainly want to have her sitting down.

OccultBeast
On 4/21/2022 at 10:40 AM, Lynn said:

63 SD Rigel
54 SD Michele
12 SD17 Regulus
5 SD17 Maximilian

13 Utena
11 Anthy

Thought it was interesting to take a look at the current 'favourites' numbers, now that it's been a week:

77 SD Rigel (+14)
61 SD Michelle (+7)
32 SD17 Regulus (+20)
18 Maximillian (+13)

35 Utena (+22)
29 Himemiya (+18)

Not really a huge increase in numbers for a week's worth of time; I think the Utena DDs went up just as much as the SD boys.  Himemiya still has slightly less interest than Utena, which I think is to be expected (Utena is the main character, after all), but she's not far behind.  Poor Maximillian, though...

It's worth reminding everyone that these are just 'favourites' numbers and basically 'for fun.'  These are not predictions on how many will sell or how likely any of us are to get our own when it comes down to the clickwar.  Plenty of people who 100% plan on buying them have not added them to their favourites, myself included.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

Poor Maximillian, though...

Sapphire had over 300. XD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SylveonPaws

Hi I'm here on Utena hype train!  I've never done a Volks click war so thanks all who have posted in this thread with tips.  I have ordered things from them in the past so hopefully the zip code issue is a non issue.  I don't look forward to this process 😟

I guess we gotta buy them separate so I gotta win *2* click wars??  I can't bear to bring just one of them home!

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, SylveonPaws said:

I guess we gotta buy them separate so I gotta win *2* click wars??

Usually that's the rule, but they always call it out on the product pages. I'm not seeing anything about ordering separate from other items. 

JJRed
21 hours ago, JJRed said:

Sorry for posting again. Total newbie to this. If you want both dolls should you try getting them together or doing two separate orders?😓

20blackbags
2 minutes ago, JJRed said:

Sorry for posting again. Total newbie to this. If you want both dolls should you try getting them together or doing two separate orders?😓

You should try to get both at once, but it might be hard to do due to website traffic. The longer you take the more chance it will be sold out. Some do two orders if it’s really bad to make sure they get at least one.

SylveonPaws

Oof.  My joy over the release of these 2 sentimental beauties has turned to dread now...

Lynn
22 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Poor Maximillian, though...

Yeah! What is wrong with him? He is my favourite of all of them! 💙

Poofiemus
20 hours ago, SylveonPaws said:

Hi I'm here on Utena hype train!  I've never done a Volks click war so thanks all who have posted in this thread with tips.  I have ordered things from them in the past so hopefully the zip code issue is a non issue.  I don't look forward to this process 😟

I guess we gotta buy them separate so I gotta win *2* click wars??  I can't bear to bring just one of them home!

So, what I've done for outfit click war: Log in early. Use hardwire connection to your modem instead of WiFi if you can.Have each item you want already open in a separate tab. I mean each one, even the ones you're like "this would be nice to have, why not". It's better to try to get dibs on them and then remove remove them from cart later.

When the time gets close, start refreshing like crazy. Cycle through tabs and refresh as it starts to lag. SMASH that add to cart button whenever you see it. 

The cart should save your items for about an hour, so after about 30 or 40 minutes, after you've added whatever you could get, double check your cart. One, make sure you don't have duplicates by accident. Then, if you were more successful than you thought, you can cull out anything you're having second thoughts about or that's just lower priority. Then proceed to checkout when you're satisfied.

Of course, I did this with outfit releases, NOT doll click wars. Some of this may fall apart if the server goes down as hard as it did with the Moe/Natsumi original release. . . 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

SylveonPaws

So getting into the cart is the main thing to insure you "won"?  Not necessarily completing the payment and shipping etc?  I'd still rush the full process but that makes it a little less stressful if so.  Somewhat... maybe.

mangaemi
44 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

The cart should save your items for about an hour, so after about 30 or 40 minutes, after you've added whatever you could get, double check your cart.  

Forgive me for asking a clarifying question that might be listed somewhere else… but didn’t they change it to where you can’t really bank on it being safe for x-amount of minutes after you’ve added it to your cart? Could have sworn I read someone mentioned you now have to add/checkout as fast as possible to ensure a win.

I’m at work so I can’t easily cross reference at the moment so might be a memory-failure on my part 😅

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, mangaemi said:

but didn’t they change it to where you can’t really bank on it being safe for x-amount of minutes after you’ve added it to your cart?

It's first-to-check-out as opposed to first-in-cart, so for uber-popular items you can't count on being able to store them in your cart until traffic dies down. 

mangaemi
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

It's first-to-check-out as opposed to first-in-cart, so for uber-popular items you can't count on being able to store them in your cart until traffic dies down. 

Ah okay - so really everyone and their mothers will be able to add it to their cart - but those that get through the checkout completely are ensured the win. I’m guessing the system will then give an error when it’s time to process payment like “invalid stock” or something to that regard?

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, mangaemi said:

I’m guessing the system will then give an error when it’s time to process payment like “invalid stock” or something to that regard?

Yes, and the risk of adding multiple items to your cart is that you can get kicked back for one item, and then have another item show out of stock as you go back through after removing the invalid item. 

• Like 1

SylveonPaws

Thanks for the info!

They didn't say how the US site will sell them yet did they?  I didn't see any promo pics on the US site yet when I looked.

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, SylveonPaws said:

They didn't say how the US site will sell them yet did they? 

No, but almost certainly lottery. 

SylveonPaws

Heard.  Well at least some will get a 2nd chance if they don't make it first round.  I really hope I don't get stuck with just scalpers 😬

Anna-neko
1 hour ago, SylveonPaws said:

They didn't say how the US site will sell them yet did they?  I didn't see any promo pics on the US site yet when I looked.

VolksUSA has learned their lessons of website crashes and does these as lotteries all the time. With a nice week or two window for people to fill out those forms

• Like 1

SylveonPaws

I feel like the JP site gets overrun with traffic just randomly, pretty often too, unless there's events I don't know about going on when I get the error message about it (very possible).  Hopefully it holds up for us!