Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ateliervanilla

Cotindoll Miku wig vs Official Miku wig

ateliervanilla

Not sure if this was already posted before, but I wanted to share my experience with both the official Volks Miku wig and Cotindoll's Onion Green Miku-styled wig. I have not styled the official Miku wig out-of-the-box, while I have used a flat iron gently on the Cotindoll wig (because it arrived totally poofy and the fringe might have warped due to the AZ heat :( )

These photos are from my Google Pixel 4a. None of these are post-processed. Just under my room's night lighting.

So here are my two Mikus side-by-side (left is my custom SWS DDH09 Miku, right is the official Miku):

spacer.png

From afar, the wigs look really identical. But if you look closely at the Cotindoll wig, it appears to be shinier:

spacer.png

The official Miku wig is more tame and matte:

spacer.png

Let's take a look at the back of these wigs. They are still very similar, but with slight differences.

The Cotindoll wig:

spacer.png

The official Miku wig seems to have been tied in some sort of a "cross", and has short strands by the bottom left and right.

spacer.png

I'm not sure if it's just the very dry AZ weather and the way these wigs arrived, but the official Miku wig was softer to the touch. But at the same time, it had less volume than Cotindoll. Personally, I do not have a preference. When it comes to the color match, virtually I don't see a major difference. It wouldn't photograph well, but the Volks wig appears to be a little darker. 

Cotindoll wig with flash:

spacer.png

Volks Miku wig with flash:

spacer.png

Overall, I think the Cotindoll wig is an excellent brand if you want to use another wig for Miku, or a custom Miku. I'm not very confident in using the wig products yet so I'll probably leave it at that. Maybe if it is styled properly, it would appear a lot better. 

For some reason, the Volks wig gets frizzy easier compared to the Cotindoll wig. Plus I find it easier to handcomb the Cotindoll wig as well. Both have their pros and cons.

I hope this image heavy post helps!

• Like 4

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

BeyondTime

I have one of their ponytail wigs in Miku green on my Miku, and a bob style wig in ice blue on my Snow Miku.

They're nice wigs. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mega Negi

I got the cotindoll twintail wig that was a fair bit shorter because I was looking for something lower maintenance while still giving the Miku vibe.