Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Amerane

Stain prevention?

Amerane

I know that you can prevent stains by washing dark colored clothing, colorfasting, using a body stocking, etc, but how about doing a full body coating of MSC? I know it works on resin, but I was just wondering if it would work with vinyl as well.

Also, apologies if this is the wrong place to put this.

Saving for: Alna

Claudia

i try it but it gets sticky so i removed it again.

its not so easy to spray it thin on body esp. the back the soine and butt has to much deeps where the msc runs in and than it get sticky and all clothfabrics will stick there.

i thought first too its a great idea because my body had strains on the legs and i don´t know whwere and why i put it out of box and they was there.

but msc full body is sadly not the best idea. i have remove nearly every thing of it again...

baldylox

Other than the other methods you mentioned already, I don't know of anything else available to treat an entire body with or a full outfit. Yet....

There is hope on the horizon tho. There's a company in Germany that is now very close to releasing something labeled as being "Liquid Glass" and it is supposed to be the business when it's available. It basically states that it uses a spray solvent that is microns thin of actual liquid glass particles. It is supposed to be applied to surfaces like hospital ER rooms and Doctors offices to keep germs to a minimum. They also said in their article that it is also going to PREVENT STAINS on clothing by being directly sprayed on the clothes themselves so that any spill can be cleanly wiped away with nothing left behind. And since this spray will only be microns thick, the fabric is supposed to stay breathable as well as stretchy so that no ill effects cause damage to the clothes/fabrics.

If that last part holds true, ALL DD owners will be buying cans of this stuff to spray their entire wardrobes and possibly girls too. I know *I* would invest in a case of them to spray all my clothing with.

Let's hope that this product is released this year and we can get some to test out.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Amerane
i try it but it gets sticky so i removed it again.

its not so easy to spray it thin on body esp. the back the soine and butt has to much deeps where the msc runs in and than it get sticky and all clothfabrics will stick there.

i thought first too its a great idea because my body had strains on the legs and i don´t know whwere and why i put it out of box and they was there.

but msc full body is sadly not the best idea. i have remove nearly every thing of it again...

Thanks Claudia for confirming that it wouldn't work. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't, but I figured that since it wasn't already a common practice it wouldn't be successful. :/

Other than the other methods you mentioned already, I don't know of anything else available to treat an entire body with or a full outfit. Yet....

There is hope on the horizon tho. There's a company in Germany that is now very close to releasing something labeled as being "Liquid Glass" and it is supposed to be the business when it's available. It basically states that it uses a spray solvent that is microns thin of actual liquid glass particles. It is supposed to be applied to surfaces like hospital ER rooms and Doctors offices to keep germs to a minimum. They also said in their article that it is also going to PREVENT STAINS on clothing by being directly sprayed on the clothes themselves so that any spill can be cleanly wiped away with nothing left behind. And since this spray will only be microns thick, the fabric is supposed to stay breathable as well as stretchy so that no ill effects cause damage to the clothes/fabrics.

If that last part holds true, ALL DD owners will be buying cans of this stuff to spray their entire wardrobes and possibly girls too. I know *I* would invest in a case of them to spray all my clothing with.

Let's hope that this product is released this year and we can get some to test out.

Billy

That liquid glass sounds promising, although I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty careful and wear a full-up mask/gloves/goggles to prevent microscopic glass particles from doing a lot of damage...I'd hate to think anyone would use that without proper safety equipment.

Saving for: Alna

Claudia

liquide glas? seriously? on thats should be the Germans....? hell i trust much in my country but liquid glas... lol never from Germans... we are smart but not that smart. our country get more and more stupid with every new generations......

baldylox
liquide glas? seriously? on thats should be the Germans....? hell i trust much in my country but liquid glas... lol never from Germans... we are smart but not that smart. our country get more and more stupid with every new generations......

Well dear, prepare to be amazed...

http://www.physorg.com/news184310039.html

Actually it was *invented* in Turkey but a German company owns the rights to it and is in the process of selling it to the mass markets.

I want some NOW!!

Billy

Claudia

ahhhhh thats what i thought yes i getting rights the germans are big ... good i know we have a lot good scinetists but i thought liquid glass couldn´t be from a german... lol thats to smart. we make maybe some theories about time and space and maybe new surgon technics .

well lets hope that liquid glass will work on vinyl

sharddarkness

Hello, new to the site. I was wondering when washing the clothing is there any special presoak or anything that I could use? Or do I just washing them like regular clothing?

mitsuki

A vinegar pre-soak is often recommended for very dark clothes. Soak the clothes for a few hours or overnight in a solution of about 50% white vinegar and 50% water. Rinse thoroughly after soaking to remove any excess dye. Then wash the clothes. You can wash Dollfie clothes like regular clothes in the washing machine. If you have one, place the clothes in a small net bag designed for washing delicates.

Unfortunately, even with a vinegar soaking treatment, some clothes might still stain.

sharddarkness

water and vinegar soak huh? Interest, thanks I'll give it a try when I get a chance....

mitsuki

I hear that Saber's Maid dress will still stain even if soaked in vinegar and washed. Some parents reported staining in as little as 10 minutes of wear time. Volks sometimes lines their dark clothes but not always. They released this dress twice now. I would have thought they would have gotten a lot of complaints the first time around and lined the newer edition but they didn't.

Nakitaninja
I hear that Saber's Maid dress will still stain even if soaked in vinegar and washed. Some parents reported staining in as little as 10 minutes of wear time. Volks sometimes lines their dark clothes but not always. They released this dress twice now. I would have thought they would have gotten a lot of complaints the first time around and lined the newer edition but they didn't.

>_<;;;;

They added a new part to their description when buying DDs on their website that, "staining is not considered a defect". I guess since you can replace most body parts that makes sense??? I don't think it's asking for too much to have clothing lined- considering the overall expense of the doll. Saber's Maid dress is sooooo cute.

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Claudia

most cloth i wash with vinegar was not strainig anymore only a handfull starinings but noct so fast anymore as before...

straining not seen as defect it´s not nice ... it seems than more they only produce strainig cloth to sell the bodyparts.....

scripple

I looked into the vinegar soak thing and read some chemists' posts on the subject. (I've forgotten where the posts were located.)

They stated that vinegar cannot do much to set most dyes used in clothing so it's not really all that helpful in most cases. And on top of that it makes most dyes more suspect to light induced fading than they would have been. Really dye setting should be done by the cloth manufacturer, but clearly they don't bother to do a careful job with that.

I'm not sure about the light induced fading but the failure of vinegar to set dyes matches well with various experiences I've had prior to my entry into the DD hobby.

I'm not personally a chemist, so I can't actually verify what was said, but I thought I would pass it along as food for thought.

OtakuDepot

I thought I should post a product I found but haven't tried yet in case someone has some experience with it. It's called "Retayne".

Amazon link with info:

http://www.amazon.com/Retayne-Color-Fixative-4-Ounce/dp/B000YZ5HL8

It's pretty cheap and claims to help set in the dye and stop color bleeding. It's pretty cheap so I'm very interested in trying it out.

I recently posted on Figure.fm a few images of an outfit I got for my girls that was just terrible. Staining started to show up after only about 20 minutes!

here is the link below if interested:

1e73f9ec5fab868546c8288ce6e31fae.jpg

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/23496/Revenge+of+the+Evil+Discount+Santa+Outfit.html

I now have a fear of bright red cloth!!!!

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Claudia

outch ... hope that wonder soap will help ... my bad i dont get it here in germany and they don´t ship it to germany grr. its like the remove zit. my doll jay since two day now on the table with pimple cream like baldylox told 10% benzyol perloxid ... but nothing happend yet .... need weeks i gues

marisa_doll

hi, i also agree with vinegar and washing being ineffective.

we had a discussion before on flickr about it and in some cases we found washing made staining worse.

My SQ Hibiki

I am putting up for adoption a SQ-Lab Ren head on flickr. Contact me for more details!

baldylox
my doll jay since two day now on the table with pimple cream like baldylox told 10% benzyol perloxid ... but nothing happend yet .... need weeks i gues

Hey there. For the 10% zit creme to really work at it's best, you need to have it in some sunlight or near a warm lamp so it can warm up the cremem and the vinyl. I use a desklamp with an extendable neck so I can angle the light where I want it. It has a halogen lightbulb in it that gets really hot so I have to keep it away from my girls skin so it won't get them *too* hot. But heat is what really makes this work fast.

Try using a lamp on the areas and see hwo that goes for you!

Billy

marisa_doll

if it is heat, why not use a hair-dryer or radiator???

My SQ Hibiki

I am putting up for adoption a SQ-Lab Ren head on flickr. Contact me for more details!

baldylox
if it is heat, why not use a hair-dryer or radiator???

Do YOU want to sit there holding a hairdryer in one spot for 4-6 hours at a time to treat the stains?

Seriously tho, a warm lightbulb is WAY safer than a radiator is. And there's no way you could hold a hairdryer on a DD for the length of time it takes for a single treatment. To do an adequate treatment, you need to add the Oxy10 ( or whatever else you are using with 10% benzoyle Peroxide in it ) to the surface and let it sit for 4-6 hours. You can leave it longer but under a warm lamp, it tends to dry up faster and lose its cleaning ability. So 4-6 hours is plenty of time to let it sit before cleaning it off and reapplying it again.

Billy

Ravendruid

My understanding is that a hair dryer is a bit TOO hot. Also, even with the heat from a lamp, it still needs to be on her for several hours a day for multiple days, much more do-able for most people with a light than a dryer.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

leitan

this might be a really bad idea (which is why i'm asking), but has anyone ever used clear nail polish on their doll?

if applied very thinly and evenly, it wouldn't be too shiny and provide a protective coat. is there a big no-no reason why this shouldn't be attempted?

marisa_doll
this might be a really bad idea (which is why i'm asking), but has anyone ever used clear nail polish on their doll?

if applied very thinly and evenly, it wouldn't be too shiny and provide a protective coat. is there a big no-no reason why this shouldn't be attempted?

maybe you try it and tell us how it goes? ^^

there could be bad chemicals in the nail polish

going along a similar idea, perhaps use tamiya super clear acylic after a layer of MSC

also, has anyone used masking tape to cover up the black bits on the inside of clothes?

My SQ Hibiki

milkytea

I would recommend against using nail polish on your doll. Nail polish can discolour vinyl over time and have other reactions to the plastic, like making it tacky or smooshy. Nail polish is also not durable on vinyl; it will peel, flake, chip, and provide a great surface for dirt to stick to. (I collect My Little Pony, also vinyl, and I've seen the effects of nail polish on customized ponies. For every one that "looks just fine" there are so many more than start needing to be restored after a very short time. Dollfie Dreams get handled much more than a pony figure decorated for display. I imagine that if you are dressing, posing, and otherwise handling the doll any flaking would start even faster.)

leitan

thanks for the response milkytea, i think that will be one experiment i won't carry out then.