Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hazukami

Konosuba - Megumin DDS!

sinclair

I'm personally in camp Aqua, so here's hoping.

But as my wife pointed out when I showed her, isn't Megumin suppose to have an eye patch?

ebil

@sinclair I’m guessing it is probably included and she just doesn’t have it on in that pic.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, sinclair said:

isn't Megumin suppose to have an eye patch?

5 hours ago, ebil said:

@sinclair I’m guessing it is probably included and she just doesn’t have it on in that pic.

No eye patch listed in the list of stuff that comes with her, and it's not in the included items photo. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
10 hours ago, sinclair said:

isn't Megumin suppose to have an eye patch?

Yes and no. If they went movie spec, she doesent use it in that if i recall correct,

but i was dissapointed it wasnt included since its a series staple feature, (especially with kazuma zoinking her with it)

CeliathePikachu

It's possible it was difficult to implement the eye patch, since it doesn't really have any band on it to keep it on her head. In fact, it's kinda a mystery how she keeps it on her in the first place in the anime

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

ebil

Oh I totally missed that we already had a list of what came with her, I thought it was still just the one photo from the announcement. Never mind.

I wonder how these things get decided. Emilia got the whole cat ears cape hoodie thing with her outfit, which is really great but I wouldn’t have expected it, while the comparatively smaller eyepatch isn’t included with Megumin. Maybe she was hitting some sort of max complexity of outfit already.

Edited by ebil

finnleo
3 hours ago, CeliathePikachu said:

it's kinda a mystery how she keeps it on her in the first place in the anime

It seems vary depending on what kind of comedy gag they are after. For the most part she just seems to place it over her eye like its magnetic, but there is that early scene where its implied to have rubberbands as kazuma pulled on it, and megumin pleading to let it go gently as it would hurt... And we know how that ended. 

11 minutes ago, ebil said:

Emilia got the whole cat ears cape hoodie thing

But she didnt get a Puck plush while megumin got Chomuske. It seems to be weird in thid sense. But i am guessing to be able to be true to the original desing megumins patch probably would have had to be made with a magnet, which would need one set in her eye that would possibly pick up all sorts of stuff that would be awkward to keep clean. 

But the biggest question will be that will they make megumins serial number tattoo...

BeyondTime
On 6/19/2022 at 12:24 AM, finnleo said:

its highly recomended adventure comedy

Ok, this show is hysterical. Episode 5 had me in stitches.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:42 PM, sinclair said:

I'm personally in camp Aqua, so here's hoping.

I'm guessing she will happen, she's the perfect fit for DD treatment.

For once it will make sense for Volks to ship a doll without underwear too...

I'd like to see Darkness done, but she'd be expensive. 

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
On 6/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, BeyondTime said:
On 6/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, finnleo said:

Kotono Mitsushi

She seems to like bizarre roles.

veering a bit off topic, but now that Im back home can give a proper response...

her weirdest role to date probably has to be Tae in Zombie land saga.

Her character being always introduced as "The legendary Yamada Tae", and nothing else, and she never really snaps out of zombie mode, groaning and grumbling through the series.

As to how much do you want to read into traits of her character as references is sort of interesting. Since she ends up being the drummer, I wound up thinking of her as a Reference to Animal from the muppets, incidently Animal had a thing for Bunnies (Usagi wa doko?!) ... and then Tae is the only one who gets angel wings as a stage effect, maybe as a super sailor nod.

anyhoo... back to business..

• Like 3

finnleo

Business being... the boomstick.

The one I made awhile back measured from tip to toe at around 57cm:

51823588251_4c50c9b999_b.jpg

And thats haruhi on a DDS body.

So im starting to wonder if the 66cm is a typo, or the final sticks are going to be slightly bigger than required ... sort of like Sinon's Hecate-II.

Otherwise the set seems rather nice ... correct unmetionables also, albeit in the shade we all love and adore as hobbyists.

probably need to start modeling a magnetic eyepatch of sorts...

Tierparkzone

Last weekend, Megumin got her spot in the display at Akihabara DollPoint. So here are a couple of pictures.

I wouldn't say that her face looks very much like Megumin from the anime, but she is still very cute.

cb97c11ea6562e20a89fe47ac398289f.jpg

e32203113b08b40869024ce847103f8b.jpg

9fbd3097ec4e10924846008b24808e8b.jpg

e79ff44a236f280264c7aea6e9275b86.jpg

And finally, here's a close-up of Chomusuke, who seems a little bit tiny...

34fc32d21fff42a0a629bcf38b0e5ee3.jpg

• Like 5

finnleo
8 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

I wouldn't say that her face looks very much like Megumin from the anime

mmm, well as I already mentioned, Studio Deen would not be the one giving the final OK for megumin ... but the novel illustrator Mishima Kurone.

Is it closer to that ... depends on the project... the Bakuen and Yorimichi artworks seem to have a bit more sass for Megumin in general where the smile would go with:

52230239582_b6de101cd8_c.jpg

the staff is still a bit dissapointing.

• Like 2

Hazukami

More photos of Megumin!

Spoiler

FZYNtRqaQAE3Iei?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FZYNvxpaAAAKsRi?format=jpg&name=large

nChoco

Hopefully more pictures of her pop up soon. I’m on the fence on whether to try and pick her up. 

Monty

These are some owner pics I’ve found so far. There are more pics from both these users (a warning that the first one has some NSFW ones)

• Like 1

BeyondTime
56 minutes ago, Monty said:

(a warning that the first one has some NSFW ones)

I have a feeling Megumin will be showing us a lot more skin soon... 🤔

nChoco

More photos of the in-store display from this blog.

As well as some Dollpa coverage from the same blog which has a few Megumin pictures here.

finnleo

hmm... I guess its time to upgrade my home insurance ...

Also .. not the most pleasant shopping experience in awhile, cant remember if I ever did a clickwar before, apart from outfits.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, finnleo said:

hmm... I guess its time to upgrade my home insurance ...

Also .. not the most pleasant shopping experience in awhile, cant remember if I ever did a clickwar before, apart from outfits.

Congrats? 

This one wasn't too bad compared to Utena's event, but worse than some of the recent priors. 

nanika

Got my order in after several refresh attempts at each step of the checkout.  

Sub Total        : 75,750. JPY
Shipping fee     : 10,300. JPY

------------------
Total amount     : 86,050. JPY

So that amounted to ~$634 USD

It's so nice to be paying for a DD when it's over 136yen/USD.

She's still available! (over 2 hours after initial release.)  Low Stock though.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_220731_HTDK19/4518992439853.html

finnleo
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats? 

This one wasn't too bad compared to Utena's event, but worse than some of the recent priors. 

thanks, the thing with the flakey web store is the way my credit card is authenticated doesent like interruptions, but all's well ... for now.

although I probably now must try to make oversized T-shirts with various boom themes...

"Bakuretsu-bakuretsu-tra-la-la-laaa" is a must at least.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, finnleo said:

thanks, the thing with the flakey web store is the way my credit card is authenticated doesent like interruptions, but all's well ... for now.

Even paypal is awful the way the last two events worked. Past "cart" it's a return to step one every time the site gets overloaded.

Really hoping they make Aqua though, she's annoying but super cute.

finnleo
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

it's a return to step one every time the site gets overloaded.

In my case its a "Congratulations, your money has been reserved, but not withdrawn, nor payment completed", ending in a limbo state where I need to call the bank to undo the reservation for another go because my credit is tied to the first reservation. Happened once with just paying Sinon's lottery back in the day when everything was calm even, though I think they had a different payment handler then.