Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hazukami

Konosuba - Megumin DDS!

BeyondTime

Megumin shipped.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo

Mmm mine too apparently...

And to play the ever dissatisfied person the one time im sort of hoping for the minimun two week delay, shes out in less than that ...

And to add more inconvenience she shipped by dhl ...

And im currently abroad and cant do the customs stuff in advance...

Oh well, business as usual.

finnleo
On 8/26/2022 at 9:50 AM, finnleo said:

shipped by dhl

Oh yay DHL, never change ...

They pester me every day with text messages on my trip to sweden about an incoming shipment that I am unable to respond to,

finally they give me a notice stating I have seven days to do the customs declaration for the shipment when it arrives in finland ...

I go to do the declaration today before she's arrived in finland only to be rewarded by a notice: "The answering preriod has expired for this shipment".

A winner is me again ... urgh ... so now I get to spend quality time with customer service again ...

good game DHL, good game ...

• Sad 3

Hazukami
22 hours ago, finnleo said:

Oh yay DHL, never change ...

They pester me every day with text messages on my trip to sweden about an incoming shipment that I am unable to respond to,

finally they give me a notice stating I have seven days to do the customs declaration for the shipment when it arrives in finland ...

I go to do the declaration today before she's arrived in finland only to be rewarded by a notice: "The answering preriod has expired for this shipment".

A winner is me again ... urgh ... so now I get to spend quality time with customer service again ...

good game DHL, good game ...

Damn that's horrible, can't even enjoy your trip in peace.
Sounds like it's not your first rodeo though, how it works out for you :c

finnleo
6 hours ago, Hazukami said:

not your first rodeo

There might be a little bit of pent up stuff in my last update, since the trip I was on is something I need to do, not that I wanted to.

But everything is ok now I think, just had to call them up and confirm manual self declaration, and now the ransom is paid and she should be here by the first.

They might need a little bit more explanations to certain bits so folks like me dont fly off the handle as easy (for instance be more clear that the link they provided was only going to be valid for 26 hours, which I did sort of guess was the case) ... but I do have to admit its a great deal better now than my first experiences with them 20 odd years ago when they really werent for normal consumers in the first place.

• Like 2

BeyondTime

Megumin managed to travel over from Japan faster than Anthy has been traveling from SoCal to NorCal...

I like the uniqueness of her sculpt, but her wig was really tight going on over a wig cap. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Wahahahahaha! My name is Megumin, the number one mage of Axel! Come, you shall all become my experience points today!

52322205292_27786571f0_w.jpg

52322212567_92db2e1d3e_k.jpg

• Like 7

finnleo

52324833345_50829e5f7e_b.jpg

Megumin000

More in depth arrival post probably on its way at the weekend, but for now the practical photography test will have to do ... but starting off -- I hate the staff, hence I put my own in this picture.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 5

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, finnleo said:

I hate the staff, hence I put my own in this picture.

Yours is a thousand times better.

• Like 1

Luden333

Did anyone get their megumin yet? Are there any worries about the black wig liner staining her head? If so what would I need to do to ensure that doesn’t happen

finnleo

You can try washing the wig, and try wringing out some of the dye from the threads especially, but given that its black, it probably will stain over time no matter what you do to it. (Still baffling that Azone can make a raven black wig with a light beige headcap, and it doesent show at all, but volks cant...)

However, considering black is a bit too dark for megumin in the first place, you might try making your own wig out of a long brown one (like I did), although volks brown wig caps are known to stain over time too. but maybe with the fabric head-caps you might postpone the inevitable.

Edited by finnleo

RetroKanojo

I have a DD Standard Mirai, who also comes with a dark brown/ black wig and an equally dark headcap. I use an extra beige fabric headcap to protect her from staining. Unfortunately, I bought the protective headcap secondhand together with the doll, so I'm not sure who manufactured it and because I don't have her with me I can't take any pictures of it either. It doesn't show through the wig at all and if you remove it, my girl looks like she's wearing a cute lil bathing cap @onion9@

BeyondTime
29 minutes ago, Luden333 said:

Are there any worries about the black wig liner staining her head? If so what would I need to do to ensure that doesn’t happen

I put a Volks protective wig cap on mine. With her hairstyle the edges of the cap are completely hidden.