The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ZandurFox

My first Dollfie Dream! Krika Towa Alma!

ZandurFox

Hello!

I've been really busy and hadn't have the chance to post here and look at posts.

However, buying a limited edition DD BJD based from a Japanese video game costs an arm and a lag! But DD Kirika Towa Alma from Shining Resonance finally came! She is very beautiful and worth every penny!

She came to my home back in July 9!

Volks Inc. Dollfie Dream boxes are very tall and huge! She comes complete in box with the exception of her original blue butterfly hair clip. A 3D printed white butterfly hair clip serves as a replacement and it looks nice!

I took a decent amount of photos of my DD Kirika, but she is not travel ready yet. Because, I need to buy some DD hands, a stand, and maintenance supplies.

I'm experienced owning a BJD, since I used to have a SMD Mirai before sending her to a new home. Now I'm just focusing on Dollfie Dream in general and plan to buy a few more DDs. DD Kirika Towa Alma is truly a keeper! And she is a underrated character from a underrated JRPG series!

Are there other suggestions to buy more essential things for my first Dollie Dream?

Thank you!

DD Kirika Towa Alma

DD Kirika Towa Alma

DD Kirika Towa Alma

DD Kirika Towa Alma

DD Kirika Towa Alma

• Like 8

Tierparkzone

Congrats! She looks lovely!

The character designs by Tony have a tendency to still look really good when turned into a figure or a doll.

2 hours ago, ZandurFox said:

Because, I need to buy some DD hands, a stand, and maintenance supplies. [...]

Are there other suggestions to buy more essential things for my first Dollie Dream?

Yes, a stand will certainly be helpful. Extra hands give the doll much more expressiveness, but the default ones are pretty versatile already. You should be able to have a fair bit of fun even before any extras come in.

I can recommend a comb or tangle teezer. If you can't get hold of a small doll comb, a human sized one will work just fine. - Just don't use the same one for the dolls and for yourself.

A hand-bellows type air blower is also very helpful in safely getting any dust off your doll's face.

• Like 1

ZandurFox
43 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

Congrats! She looks lovely!

The character designs by Tony have a tendency to still look really good when turned into a figure or a doll.

Yes, a stand will certainly be helpful. Extra hands give the doll much more expressiveness, but the default ones are pretty versatile already. You should be able to have a fair bit of fun even before any extras come in.

I can recommend a comb or tangle teezer. If you can't get hold of a small doll comb, a human sized one will work just fine. - Just don't use the same one for the dolls and for yourself.

A hand-bellows type air blower is also very helpful in safely getting any dust off your doll's face.

Thank you! I'll do that.

I also plan to get DD Mirai! I've already have custom 1/3 scale clothing for her and they were from my former Smart Doll. I can have my Kirika wear other clothing as well.

Edited by ZandurFox

battrastard

Congrats, She's a cute one! (owners photos are always better than the Volks ones!) 

Yeah, I was kinda surprised at the size of the box, too. But, I didn't find that out til #5 and 6 came home.

My first four were a head here and a body there from users here and on F.FM 

Have fun with her! 

Rick

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, battrastard said:

(owners photos are always better than the Volks ones!)

Agreed! Kirika looks so lovely in these pics!

For other items to get, my recommendation is a bodysuit or body stocking, but I know many people aren’t a fan.

• Like 1

ZandurFox

Will do!

I plan to take Kirika out to travel in the future with a Volk's DD carry satchel. But, I've been pretty busy with work.