Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Xiongmao

My Growing Dollfie Family

Xiongmao

Continuing on with my series of Dollfie crossovers, here's Haruhi Shimamura lol.

This is of course Uzuki Shimamura awaiting her train to take her to another anime convention. This time she's cosplaying as the very iconic Haruhi Suzumiya. When I visited Japan in 2008 Haruhi was very much the anime wifu character of the day and she was *everywhere* (as was that very catchy theme tune). Maybe she even started my whole anime journey (together with Chii from Chobits).

Note that our outfit didn't come with either a wig or hair ribbon. Uzuki's wearing her original wig plus a hairpiece made from a pack of ribbons bought on Amazon. I'm not entirely sure how the original doll's hairpiece is held in place so here we're using hairgrips. Maybe I'll find out one day (or even buy the actual Haruhi doll).

Also Uzuki's wearing her own shoes as the Haruhi outfit ones are very delicate due to their age. We've also dispensed with the full bodysuit V2 as they give the dolls a really horrible neckline. She's actually wearing Kizuna's bodytights.

Finally she's holding the Volks school bag which I believe has become the grail of Dollfie accessories although I guess they will restock it at some point once they're done making polar bear bags.

One small observation: this outfit does actually come with pantsu which is really good since so many outfits these days omit them. Another minor observation: it comes with another red arm band which I think is for the other character they released in the series. I'm not even sure what the arm bands are for, although I have seen them worn by cosplayers sometimes.

spacer.png

Back in the real world, I didn't bear to tell Uzuki there aren't actually any trains running until the Santa Specials in mid-December 🎅.

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Tira
52 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Another minor observation: it comes with another red arm band which I think is for the other character they released in the series. I'm not even sure what the arm bands are for, although I have seen them worn by cosplayers sometimes.

The armband is for Haruhi; it indicates that she's their club's leader. (I had to double-check the meaning, because it's been years since I read or watched the series.)

• Like 1

finnleo
39 minutes ago, Tira said:

The armband is for Haruhi; it indicates that she's their club's leader. (I had to double-check the meaning, because it's been years since I read or watched the series.)

her default comes with two bands, the one above "団長" Dan-chou, leader / Club lead, and the other "超 監督" Chou-Kantoku, super director

Xiongmao

This 7th Samurai outfit is on the previous page where it's being worn by Uzuki. We acquired it from Volks Japan over the summer and it's definitely a clear favourite.

Here's Kizuna... doesn't she look an adorable secret investigator?

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

New MDD girl Rena Ryugu.

I think of all my girls I was the most immediately blown away when I unboxed her and saw her faceup. She is absolutely gorgeous.

I can't remember if it's her that people were discussing before but I'm not sure if she should have been a MDD. In the show she looks more DDP sized, or even a Dream Sister. Google tells me she's 13.

I guess that given the popularity of MDD that's why she became a MDD.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao

Two Dollfies arriving in one week. This is fate.

If you're going to acquire Dollfie number 7 it may as well be a very special one. So here's Asuna (Titania version) from Sword Art Online.

I am captivated by her expression. This is a very special doll.

This isn't of course her actual default elf outfit. That dress up will have to wait for another day.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Rajke
12 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

New MDD girl Rena Ryugu.

I think of all my girls I was the most immediately blown away when I unboxed her and saw her faceup. She is absolutely gorgeous.

I can't remember if it's her that people were discussing before but I'm not sure if she should have been a MDD. In the show she looks more DDP sized, or even a Dream Sister. Google tells me she's 13.

I guess that given the popularity of MDD that's why she became a MDD.

spacer.png

You’re photo is gorgeous. Interesting angle that works incredibly well. @onion26@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Xiongmao
57 minutes ago, Rajke said:

You’re photo is gorgeous. Interesting angle that works incredibly well. @onion26@

Thanks - I really like this angle too. I was trying to do the same with Asuna but I need a much larger photo tent lol. Also there's static which makes her longer hair go crazy.

Incidentally this is just taken on my Samsung A70 so nothing fancy camera wise. The photo tent was a super buy on Amazon.

I think I'll spend a few nights watching portraiture photography videos, not necessarily of dolls as there aren't many doll photography videos on Youtube.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Group photo of current Dollfie family. I'm struck by how photogenic Asuna is. She's definitely going back in the popup photo booth later. Kizuna wins the outfit competiton though... I just love her in that Samurai outfit.

They're roughly ordered by size, although Asuna is slightly taller than Towa. Towa will always be the head of the family though.

Unless a grail appears I don't plan on buying any more for a while (Kaito is pre-ordered though and I really want Yor Forger). We need a few bodysuits and wigs, and we're a bit lacking in DDP and MDD outfits.

First up I will try and find Asuna an everyday wig since her default wig is so precious. Also Rena needs the school outfit while it's still available.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao

There's been a lot happening this week.

First of all I finally dressed up the rather neglected Yayoi in her alternative Twinkle Star outfit. This is possibly one of the most difficult outfits I've ever put on a Dollfie. Don't get me started on how tricky it was to get that fingerless glove on! Also the outfit's not terribly well designed as it uses those hook + thread fastenings and a couple of the threads have broken already, including the one in the glove and the necktie one. I used a safety pin on the neck tie, but why can't Volks use poppers or fully metallic hook and eye fasteners!!!??? Let me know if there is a good solution to this - I might try to buy some micro-safety pins or something.

Also it took several attempts to get the socks on right... they have garters attached but they're barely visible in the official photos of the outfit. In addition the boot zips were old and creaky. I'm not expecting this outfit to last.

Our old Miku wig also took a battering after I attempted to brush it. I need to practice my brushing and I also need to buy everyday wigs the girls can wear instead of their incredibly precious default wigs. Fortunately I did do a very good job at restoring Uzuki's grey wig after it was wrecked by outdoors photoshoots, so I know how to brush more straightforward hair.

Speaking of Uzuki... she is distraught at having been expelled from school due to an unfortunate incident involving her bringing a 3D printed knife into school with her! Luckily I bought two new uniforms lately, so she's now in a new school. She's totally stoked at how awesome she looks in the first uniform we've tried on. Photos to follow.

Enough bad stuff... here's some photos of Yayoi auditioning for Kizuna AI's new anime*:

spacer.png

I tried to replicate the pose from the official announcement website... then realised I didn't have the hand pack they'd used. At least her arms are nicely poseable.

spacer.png

I feel a little sorry for Yayoi because we've not really bonded that well. To be fair she might look better when I finally put her default wig on her. Definitely her best attribute are her eyes. They are really bright and reflective, whereas Towa's eyes often look black unless there's light shining directly on them. I'm not sure what eye type Yayoi's are, but I think they're similar (or maybe identical to) Asuna's.

I suspect Yayoi needs to be a double act with Iori. But Iori has become an elusive grail, and until I acquire her I think she's like Koron without Ribbon.

*This is actually happening irl, not just in my imagination.

• Like 3

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Our old Miku wig also took a battering after I attempted to brush it.

It’s better to use a comb, and to start from the bottom and work your way up in sections.

Azone has a really good guide on this, but it’s all in Japanese. I think you can still get the gist.

https://news.azone-int.co.jp/archives/30520

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Here's Uzuki in her new school uniform. She's promised to study extra hard in this new school and as you can see she's taken two school bags with her!

If anyone's interested, this is the After School Akihabara Girl Akira's Summer School Uniform set. The highlight is definitely the fact that it comes with a satchel. It's on Uzuki's back and until she gets a shorter wig it's a little impractical to take a photo of it. Our bag was a little damaged but I guess school bags get beat up anyway on the endless journeys to and from the classroom.

The school bag she's carrying is the regular Volks school bag. It briefly became a grail I think, although hopefully they'll make some more and it won't go out of stock forever.

This set also comes with some nice socks and the Volks classic brown school loafers. We seem to have a lot of these now.

I'm hoping that everything goes OK in this school. If not then we also have the After School Akihabara Girl Nanami School Uniform set on standby.

spacer.png

• Like 3

RetroKanojo

Oh, this uniform looks really great on her! And so does the wig - I think it really allows her eyes to shine! Let's hope everything goes well for her this time. 🤭

• Like 1

BeyondTime

If you like school uniforms, nine9style usually has new styles to offer every season.  The only problem I have with them is that it's really easy to spend a lot of money on their website by filling your cart with must-have clothing.

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao
On 12/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, RetroKanojo said:

Oh, this uniform looks really great on her! And so does the wig - I think it really allows her eyes to shine! Let's hope everything goes well for her this time. 🤭

Uzuki's wig is from YiYi Dolls store. It comes in a range of colours. They also have good doll sleeping bags.

I'm still looking for some new wigs. We have more than enough outfits, but we don't have that many wigs.

Given the new arrival, I think everybody will want Rin wigs 😂.

• Haha 1

Xiongmao

Large version of my new .sig showing all 8 of my Dollfies. I might change the .sig version as I realised the names are too small to read well, especially if there are any more arrivals.

To anyone interesting in acquiring a new Dollfie, here's who I have (ordered by date acquired):

• DDdy Towa has a sweet and innocent expression and is the head of our Dollfie family. I adore her but note that she and her DDdy sisters aren't very good at posing in sitting positions.
  • DDS Uzuki Shimamura would definitely be my doll waifu. She is absolutely adorable with a bold faceup, and her default outfit is outstanding.
  • DDS Kizuna AI has a slightly puffy round face and looks good in just about any outfit. If you're discouraged by the prices of the Dollfie vocaloids, then why not seek out this generally much cheaper vTuber?
  • DDP Yayoi is definitely missing her sidekick Iori. The DDP sculpt is great even if it is a hassle finding clothes that fit. Yayoi has amazingly vivid eyes.
  • MDD Mochi-Ashi Misaki is a custom DDH-21 head with elf ears and in the tan colour. She was an impulse buy from an online marketplace. She is a gorgeous little minx but like the DDdy frame she has posing issues.
  • MDD Rena Ryugu has an adorable faceup and is a decent choice of regular, flesh coloured MDD.
  • DD Asuna Titania was a lucky find on Mandarake. She has detachable elf ears, a gorgeous braided wig and an absolutely intense gaze. She is definitely one of the most amazing Dollfies ever created.
  • DDS Rin Kagamine needs no introduction.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Emil

I love seeing your DD family grow! They're all very cute 😄 But my favourite part... 

5 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

DD Asuna Titania was a lucky find on Mandarake. She has detachable elf ears, a gorgeous braided wig and an absolutely intense gaze. She is definitely one of the most amazing Dollfies ever created.

Welcome to the Asuna Titania cult! I have one of my own, the second DD I received actually. She's incredibly versatile, I'm so glad you were able to find one! I was watching Mandarake at the same time as I assume you got your Asuna and Rin 😅 I've seen several come up and sell out within minutes! Congrats 🥳

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Xiongmao
On 12/9/2022 at 3:12 AM, Emil said:

Welcome to the Asuna Titania cult! I have one of my own, the second DD I received actually. She's incredibly versatile, I'm so glad you were able to find one! I was watching Mandarake at the same time as I assume you got your Asuna and Rin 😅 I've seen several come up and sell out within minutes! Congrats 🥳

Thanks - yes Asuna was an amazing find. All my other girls are captivated by her and now want braided wigs and (of course) elf ears.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Xiongmao

Here's Kizuna AI. Kizuna's really underrated I think but she has a nice rounded face and is an all round nice girl. Before Rin arrived she was our Rin stand-in.

I think this Nanami school uniform really suits her. She's still wearing the Yaiba wig, which also suits her. Trying to get every strand of hair right drove me mad lol.

I gave her the kitty choker too because I don't like how their necks look crinkly with the version 2 bodysuit. I'll definitely source more neckwear, jewellery and better bodysuits next year.

spacer.png

Oh and here's the Avatar version, for anyone who is into that (or blue dolls in general)...

spacer.png

• Like 2

Stupid_Hoomun

Great photo's, I'm really liking the blue one.

PolitelyNefarious

@Xiongmao  Ahh, Kizuna. Her little smile is perfect, and I can see why she was your stand-in for Rin despite the difference in their facial shapes. She matches the Rin art of yore.

I don't see many people take her out of her stock wig. Then again, as you say, she's underrated. It's refreshing to see her as a blonde, and with different bangs. Although the brown seems to suit her well, I feel that she could be much more versatile, and it's nice to see someone explore that.

Your picture of Asuna and Towa holding hands in their matching To Heart uniforms is adorable too. I'm not sure what it is about that one shot, but I keep coming back to it. The emotion is clear as a bell, and you nailed the softness with your choice of angle.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

Xiongmao

I'll try and do some more blue photos. Also I need to remember to use some front lighting so their eyes are better lit.

We have a new elf coming... hopefully in time for Christmas. There may be two... although one needs a bit of TLC. I might resell the imperfect one, although this afternoon I had the brilliant idea of making a set of twins.

I'm pretty sure Towa will be trying on elf ears at some point... surely some will fit her 😂. They'd be an awesome thing to 3D print although it would require god tier sculpting skills.

As for wigs... we ordered a wig mystery box from Cotindoll. I can imagine the girls will be fighting over them. I like the idea of mystery boxes and it saves the hassle of spending hours choosing which wigs to buy!

Hopefully we have a Miku style one coming because we have some Miku outfits coming and also a couple of stunning cosplay outfits.

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao

Introducing Kirika Towa Alma, from Shining Resonance. I'm not too familiar with her universe, but I adore elf-eared Dollfies!

Her wig needs a tidy up but she does look really good.

I need a bit of bodysuit reshuffling, then she's going into a different outfit.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Stupid_Hoomun

Congratulations on getting Kirika. She might be the same one that ended up in my Mandarake wish list then vanished lol, she's a beauty for sure and definately goes onto my grail list.

• Like 1

Xiongmao
16 hours ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

Congratulations on getting Kirika. She might be the same one that ended up in my Mandarake wish list then vanished lol, she's a beauty for sure and definately goes onto my grail list.

Yeah Kirika's lovely. Have you ever seen Asuna? She also has an elf version. I thought she was unobtainable, but a couple of weeks after I first saw a picture of her she actually appeared on Mandarake. Of course given my luck they'll probably announce remakes of both 😂.

Also if you're more interested in elf dolls than the actual characters there are lots of options for elf eared dolls. This guide is really good - it's a bit complex but the elf ear options are right at the top. It can be a little complex getting a Dream Choice but they quite frequently come up for sale in Facebook groups. I think my dream would be a tan DDS with elf ears. I like the ears that point down. I have a MDD elf that I acquired on Facebook. She's in tan and the DD-H-21 head is adorable.

Hopefully we can see your new girl some time. She need not be shy - here's my first photo of Towa. We lived in an absolute dump of a rental property during the covid lockdowns.

spacer.png

• Like 2