Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Xiongmao

My Growing Dollfie Family

Xiongmao

Here's a couple of photos of Rin wearing the mythical Senbonzakura outfit.

I believe this outfit is extremely rare. I bought it on YJA for a decent price and there were no other bidders. I haven't seen it for sale elsewhere. The outfit didn't come with the original wig (the seller was clear on that). Rin's currently wearing a Cotindoll wig that arrived in our mystery wig box. None of my girls wanted to wear it but it's quite a good match for Rin's original Senbonzakura wig.

One of the clogs has broken - I don't think the seller mentioned that but the toe piece might have snapped off en route. I'm not keen on Japanese style clogs so my Rin is wearing Shoes Boutique heels.

I do have her Senbonzakura eyes but I'm kind of reluctant to remove her original eyes. I'm also worried the eye patch might stain (and it's also really fiddly to fit).

So if anyone is thinking of buying this outfit for a crazy price just be aware it may have issues. I think the eye patch design may peel off in time too.

Also: new doll stand, which came bundled with some other stuff we bought. It's going to make photography so much easier. All we need now is to locate some sakura trees 🌸.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Xiongmao

MDD Mochi-Ashi Misaki now has a D'Coord outfit. She's a tan DD-H-21 with elf ears if anybody's interested.

The socks and shoes are super adorable. The only annoying thing is the loop of fabric use to fasten the sailor top. I wish they would use something more substantial.

Her 👀 are new too, and match her outfit.

I didn't realise it but the D'Coord outfit came with a pullover for cold winter mornings. I've not seen other D'Coord's wearing them before. Maybe it's a seasonal thing.

Of course she's probably more likely to be a Dream Choice rather than D'Coord, but I felt she needed a backstory like all the character dolls in our household.

spacer.png

Another photo of Misaki. She dreams of me getting a MDD cosplay outfit for her, so she can be a character doll like all her many sisters.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

I really like matching outfits and I was totally stoked when I found the blue version of Uzuki's sailor fuku on YJA. Somebody else started bidding for it but luckily they dropped out when they realised they weren't going to get it for 13-clockwork-trains-for-1200-JPY kind of money (my strangest YJA purchase so far).

I wasn't until I started putting the new outfit on Asuna that I realised the blue one has short sleeves.

I don't know if Volks have made this outfit in any other colours. At first I thought the red one was made due to a massive pile of unsold ToHeart 2 skirts. They're not quite the same though.

This pair will probably be redressed at the weekend because we've started watching Clannad. It's mindblowingly good. There doesn't seem to be too much of a plot (so far) but it's a cozy triumph. I think #1 item on the buy list will be some wigs so that this pair can cosplay as actual Clannad characters.

The girls below are two god tier Dollfies - Asuna (Titania) and Uzuki Shimamura (Smile & Sweets). Uzuki's smile brightens up the darkest of days and she has the most delicious brown eyes. In last year's late evening sun I swore she was coming to life. Also Asuna has the most astonishingly instense gaze. If you want to freak out your friends who are terrified of dolls then Asuna is your girl. At one point I had to move her because she was unsettling me so much. I feel so priviliged to own her - she really belongs in a museum.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Rin's turn for a location photoshoot.

Here she is looking a million dollars, which of course is not far off what she actually cost 😁.

spacer.png

Here's seaside Rin, and this time it's the actual Rin. Last time it was Kizuna filling in for Rin.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Tira
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

Rin's turn for a location photoshoot.

Here she is looking a million dollars, which of course is not far off what she actually cost 😁.

spacer.png

Here's seaside Rin, and this time it's the actual Rin. Last time it was Kizuna filling in for Rin.

spacer.png

None of your images are working for me, sadly. It just says "spacer.png" next to a broken image icon. My boyfriend had the same thing happen on his account/device, so I don't think the problem's on my end.

• Like 1

Tierparkzone

@Xiongmao:

7 hours ago, Tira said:

None of your images are working for me, sadly.

I think it's an issue with the SSL certificate of the site that you use to host the images. ("The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.")

If users add an exception for the certificate, the images show back up. - But it would probably be better to fix the certificate altogether.

Xiongmao
On 4/3/2023 at 4:33 AM, Tierparkzone said:

@Xiongmao:

I think it's an issue with the SSL certificate of the site that you use to host the images. ("The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.")

If users add an exception for the certificate, the images show back up. - But it would probably be better to fix the certificate altogether.

Yeah Hostgator sent me a webhosting bill for $600, so I decided to move everything to my other hosting plan (which is like $3 a month, and also much faster). There might be some teething problems but the images should start showing up again soon. They probably work for most people.

Money saved = more dolls 😂.

puxlavoix
On 4/2/2023 at 1:49 PM, Xiongmao said:

Here she is looking a million dollars, which of course is not far off what she actually cost

She does look like a million dollars! Thats kind of her thing lol. 

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for her?

• Like 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Xiongmao
On 4/6/2023 at 6:01 AM, puxlavoix said:

She does look like a million dollars! Thats kind of her thing lol. 

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for her?

Rin was 180,000 (ouch).

As Towa reminds me each day, it's only money.

Here's Asuna going for a bit of a renaissance look. I'm not sure what this Tenshin-no-Koromo outfit is called but it's really nice. The black long socks that came with it didn't stay up very well, so Asuna is wearing different socks.

I acquired Asuna for a really good price and she's definitely one of my favourites. I can see her becoming really sought after in the future, unless they reboot her. I don't think they will because the voting would probably be split between original Asuna and Titania Asuna.

spacer.png

• Like 5

puxlavoix
10 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Here's Asuna going for a bit of a renaissance look. I'm not sure what this Tenshin-no-Koromo outfit is called but it's really nice. The black long socks that came with it didn't stay up very well, so Asuna is wearing different socks.

She looks quite pretty in that picture, congratulations on acquiring her for a nice price! the Mayoeru Lamb set definitely suits her.

I've been tracking that outfit for quite some time but haven't cave in mainly because can't picture any of my girls besides Yuki M. wearing it or any of its pieces for that matter but still a very stylish outfit. I'd be wary of the socks staining my dolls though. 

10 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Rin was 180,000 (ouch).

As Towa reminds me each day, it's only money.

I feel your pain, I got it a little worse 'cause i went the ebay route... got no patience once my DD radar locks on to an objective lol...  but yeah Towa's right, it's only money. I don't think that's was such a bad price at the time though. I wonder how much lower she'll go with the re-release given it was a pre-order project and God only knows how many are gonna be flooding the market.

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Xiongmao
On 4/9/2023 at 11:45 PM, puxlavoix said:

She looks quite pretty in that picture, congratulations on acquiring her for a nice price! the Mayoeru Lamb set definitely suits her.

I've been tracking that outfit for quite some time but haven't cave in mainly because can't picture any of my girls besides Yuki M. wearing it or any of its pieces for that matter but still a very stylish outfit. I'd be wary of the socks staining my dolls though. 

I feel your pain, I got it a little worse 'cause i went the ebay route... got no patience once my DD radar locks on to an objective lol...  but yeah Towa's right, it's only money. I don't think that's was such a bad price at the time though. I wonder how much lower she'll go with the re-release given it was a pre-order project and God only knows how many are gonna be flooding the market.

Thanks for finding the name of the outfit - the English name is the Little Lost Lamb set apparently. Ours is in really good condition except the long black socks were baggy and didn't stay up well, so we used a different pair. Also the dress is quite awkward to put on (arm removal needed) as it doesn't have a zipper like other outfits usually have.

I think Rins will always be popular and desirable. Miku was rebooted a few times but she's still very popular. There may not be that many new Rins coming as her (and Len's) pre-order window didn't seem as long as Kaito's was. Also I think resellers/scalpers tend to go for the limited releases that come up in lotteries/clickwars.

There haven't been too many photos from my gang recently as we seem to be reaching the stage where everyone has found their ideal outfit and they don't want to change into anything else.

I'm trying to get somebody to give the Ginger Tea Miku outfit a try on. I've heard she makes very few of each outfit so it's a genuine rarity. We really need to fire up the 3D modelling software and have a go at making some proper Miku hairpieces first.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Our doll budget is being scaled back (but we did pay for the second half of Kaito today). Instead I want to do more with our existing resources.

In particular I really want to do more 3D printing. Today I made some hairpieces for Miku Kirika. They're the first object I've designed from scratch (in FreeCAD). If anyone wants them I might upload the STL file somewhere. I learnt a tremendous amount today so when I get some more time I'll design a more accurate version 2.

spacer.png

Our Dangos also arrived from AliExpress so now Uzuki and Rin have the makings of their very own Big Dango Family.

Anime nerds will recognise the drama club poster as used in the show. It's a shame the Dangos turned out to be quite big, but that's AliExpress sizing for you 😆. Funnily enough one of my most prized finds when I was working in China was a 29 cm ruler 📏.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Stupid_Hoomun

The hair pieces look great. 3D printing is perfect for accessories. I recently made a set of stools and a table for my crew to sit around. The CAD design is what I have the most fun with, its what I did as a job when I was working. I'm not familiar with FreeCAD and have stuck with what I know. What kind of printer do have?

Congrats on finding a 29cm ruler. I hope you got a discount on it for the missing 10mm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xiongmao
On 4/13/2023 at 8:00 PM, Stupid_Hoomun said:

The hair pieces look great. 3D printing is perfect for accessories. I recently made a set of stools and a table for my crew to sit around. The CAD design is what I have the most fun with, its what I did as a job when I was working. I'm not familiar with FreeCAD and have stuck with what I know. What kind of printer do have?

Congrats on finding a 29cm ruler. I hope you got a discount on it for the missing 10mm

I have a Flashforge Adventurer 3. It's pretty good for the price. I like that it's totally enclosed, so it doesn't get dusty. Plus I've not had any problems levelling it. On the downside prints are limited to 150mm cubed but it's fine for most doll things.

FreeCAD seems OK, at least for what I want it for. The Miku hairpieces look rough from the side but I was delighted when they snapped into place - the sizing was exactly right.

I should be able to do more CAD now as I've just upgraded my PC to 64Gb of RAM, which is total overkill but now I can have 1000 YJA browser tabs open and also do photo/video editing at the same time.

Oh and since this is a photo thread, here's Sakura Miku Towa. I love this outfit even if it took me almost an entire year to realise it fits DDdy. At least we have now sourced a truly epic tree for photo sessions.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Tigger

Sakura looks very pretty. 😺 And seasonal pretty tree too!

It is nice especially with the DDdy girls when you get them in an outfit that thought not to fit. 

A long time ago I thought about how handy CAD would be for dollfie things, I just somewhat regrettably never got into it. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Shin Sato and Ciel (Tsukihime) have both arrived. Fuller unboxing here.

Initially I was only going to get Shin Sato (green eyes). But I'm glad I acquired Ciel too (blue eyes) because I think she is super awesome irl.

Shin Sato is kind of a bigger Uzuki Shimamura, and is definitely the love child of Uzuki and Rin (or Len!).

Ciel is... I'm not sure. I was trying to figure out who her parents would be, but they're not amongst my collection.

I think for anyone who's a massive Tsukihime fan, DD Ciel would be the pride of their merchandise collection. I remember seeing a Rin super fan on Youtube, and their DDS Rin and Len were so obviously the most awesome highlights of their extensive collection.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao

So I told the girls the train wouldn't run on a fluffy rug, but they didn't believe me...

spacer.png

For train nerds it's a Kato N-gauge N'EX (Narita Express). For doll nerds that's Dream Choice MDD mochi-ashi Misaki in tan with MDD mochi-ashi character Marisa Kirisame.

• Like 5

Xiongmao

I found a Lost Lamb on the beach...

We honestly need a stylist because I thought I'd remembered to check everything but now I realise her cross was the wrong way round.

It is a lovely outfit, although Asuna's wearing different socks because the outfit's ones don't stay up very well.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao

We had a major Buyee haul arrive today.

First up are these two lacrosse outfits. I believe both date from 2009 and are now quite rare. There was a bit of a bidding war on Towa's outfit, maybe because of the highly desirable Burberry print.

I've put the girls into the poses the original models adopt on the packaging.

The outfits didn't come with shoes.

If the girls tire of lacrosse then we also have the official Volks DD tennis racket. Again this was a popular YJA item but I'm glad we secured it as it's absolutely stunning. I've been looking for it for ages because last year I bought Towa the Volks DDdy tennis set. She said she'd never wear it until she had a racket to go with it.

Towa's looking a bit exhausted, because honestly you don't want to play against Asuna at any kind of sport.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Tigger

Good job on winning bidding war! \o/ They look awesome ^^ 

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 5/18/2023 at 1:42 AM, Tigger said:

Good job on winning bidding war! \o/ They look awesome ^^ 

Thanks! Towa thinks it's a good idea to buy outfit others are bidding on because we don't want a wardrobes full of unpopular fashions.

Some more stuff arrived today. If anyone wants them, Volks are for a short time only selling the 💓 hands online. Usually they're only available instore.

There have been grumbles about them only being available as Large size, but I think they look OK.

We have many (many, many) new outfits but Towa's grail was the Prayer Sister set and now she has it. This may or may not be the actual Prayer Sister set. The original packaging was lost, but it is a Volks outfit and is in decent condition. The only annoyance is the headband (not sure the official name for it) has to be bent into place, and even now we're not sure if it's fitting right.

Oddly enough there is a convent in our town, so I am just so tempted to get Towa to take a selfie outside. If you never hear from us again, it's because this covert operation went horribly, horribly wrong and we ended up being sectioned.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Tigger

Well we hope you don't get sectioned on adventures XD 

The prayer sister set is a really nice big outfit, smart too. I luckily got one for our Sister Cassandra a few years back. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 5/22/2023 at 9:39 PM, Tigger said:

Well we hope you don't get sectioned on adventures XD 

The prayer sister set is a really nice big outfit, smart too. I luckily got one for our Sister Cassandra a few years back. 

I don't know if Towa's is the Prayer Sister set. There was a near-identical set on Yahoo Japan Auctions but didn't seem to be DDdy sized. It also sold for more than I wanted to pay for it, so I let it go to another doll family. Having said that I think Volks have re-released this type of outfit a number of times and it seems very popular.

Of course, for every 🙏 doll in a collection there's a 👹 so here's Misaki's new outfit. I'm tempted to call it the Horny Lil' Devil outfit but that would be wildly inappropriate 🤭. I think it's called the Naughty Devil set. It's from 2009 (I think) and the boot soles have now come unglued but otherwise it's in pretty good condition. Fortunately we didn't pay a lot for it.

Misaki was an impulse buy from a FB Group but I have to say that if I commissioned a Dream Choice she is almost identical to the options I would have picked (tan, mochi-ashi, DD-H-21, elf ears). She knows exactly how adorable she is because there was *insane* interest in her when she appeared up for sale.

She does have competition from another MDD of mine... I'll post photos of her later.

spacer.png

• Like 3

BeyondTime
29 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I don't know if Towa's is the Prayer Sister set.

Praying Girl has removable sleeves, so it can be worn as a sleeveless dress. Saintly Girl is almost identical too Praying Girl, but the sleeves cannot be detached. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Praying Girl has removable sleeves, so it can be worn as a sleeveless dress. Saintly Girl is almost identical too Praying Girl, but the sleeves cannot be detached. 

Thanks - our outfit didn't come with removeable sleeves.

Volks released a nun-themed outfit late last year but it sold out very quickly, then disappeared from their site. I don't know if it would have fit Towa anyway.

Towa's outfit is really silky, and similar to Erica Fontaine's. I'll try to get a photo of them both together. Getting two DD in our cramped photo studio is a challenge 🙄.

And as for all these religious dress-ups - nuns ran my primary school. There are some issues here 😳.

• Like 1