Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Xiongmao

My Growing Dollfie Family

Xiongmao

I need to get back into doll photography.

It's dark now and these photos are taken with an ancient Canon G10 but I really love the colour accent feature this camera has.

Anyway, this is DDS Uzuki Shimamura in her school outfit. I was fortunate to acquire both her and this alternative outfit or hers in a single Mandarake order.

Also I've heard on here that the Volks blue school bag also pictured here has become a bit of a grail. I acquired it at the end of 2020 as it seemed a good accessory for the school desk set I ordered for my first Dollfie Towa.

spacer.png

Here's another photo and I like the way it really highlights Uzuki's faceup. It's a lot less subtle than Towa's is.

spacer.png

Oh and of course Uzuki is wearing Miku hair. We've decided her default wig (and outfit!) are far too valuable for her to wear on all but VERY special occasions.

BTW the plush Domo-Kun was part of my first ever online order from Japan (from JList back in 2004). I was so into him back then that I visited NHK's studios in Shibuya on my first full day in Japan back in 2007.

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Xiongmao

I mentioned that Uzuki's default Smile & Sweets outfit is just for special occasions. Here it is and it is absolutely stunning. The details... the details...

spacer.png

Yes she has a microphone, holding hands and those candy buttons... just adorable.

Microphone pocket:

spacer.png

If anyone's interested, here's DDS Uzuki standing next to DDdy Towa:

spacer.png

Towa does have platform shoes on, but as you can see she's taller (but not much taller) than Uzuki.

Can I also add that Uzuki's shoes are adorable 😍. Plus her socks are the softest socks I've ever felt - they're gorgeous. It would be cool if they sold them separately.

Also generally I'll add that Uzuki is much easier to pose than Towa. Towa can't really sit without her legs falling off, and they're a real pain to re-attach (I was almost in tears the first time her leg fell off). By contrast the DDS DDf3 frame is great (so far) and I've been so impressed with Uzuki that I am in the process of acquiring a second DDS.

As for wigs... we need more. We do have another brown wig but it was bought used from eBay and... 😪, wigs don't age well.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

A few of you have asked what Kizuna AI is like with Miku hair, so here's the result. Apologies for so-so photo but I have pencilled in Kizuna for the next outdoors photoshoot.

spacer.png

What do you reckon? I think she looks pretty good and the wig is a decent match for Kizuna's default eyes. Also the wig is a decent contrast with her vTuber outfit.

• Like 4

Xiongmao

My first outdoors Dollfie photoshoot in over a year. I'm trying to gain confidence in taking such large and conspicuous dolls outside, as the photos are generally much better quality than my studio shoots.

Anyway I think this shot will be for Uzuki's yearbook.

spacer.png

And yes, she does constantly complain about that infernally giant hair bow.

• Like 3

RetroKanojo

Hehe she might complain about it, but I for one love me some ridiculously oversized hair bows @onion9@The picture looks great, definitely one for the books!

cluffy
On 9/5/2022 at 2:39 PM, Xiongmao said:

Anyway I think this shot will be for Uzuki's yearbook.

spacer.png

uzuki looks great in this outfit!! i think the blue really suits her!~ @onion24@

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Here's Kizuna in a really complimentary outfit. Kizuna's quite pleased her bow is not quite so gigantic 😂. Kizuna's is the Princess Pink Jumper set and it's a really nice set and definitely a great choice of outfit for Kizuna. It will probably be a good start when I eventually come to making a Chii outfit.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Xiongmao

Here's Uzuki venturing out after a couple of days of near constant rain. She's glad we picked up the Bear Raincoat set from Volks!

It's a pretty nice set, although the hood is oversized for Dollfies and won't actually stay over her head if there is more than a breath of wind. Those boots are excellent for the squelchy autumnal ground though.

spacer.png

Sadly her wig has gone all to pieces, but sea air is unkind to hair (doll or human lol).

• Like 6

Xiongmao

Can you guess who this is?

spacer.png

It's actually Kizuna AI but she's cosplaying as Kagamine Rin. This is the Daughter of Evil outfit that I was really lucky to find on sale on the Volks Japan online store. I think they must keep a batch of older outfits and periodically put them up for sale. Anyway, it's a nice outfit if you like Super Dollfie style outfits, and is a wardrobe essential if you actually have the real Rin!

Incidentally Kizuna is wearing a semi-white bodysuit (version 2) and I think it works really well with Kizuna - it would be even better if I had some pairs of semi-white hands.

• Like 3

Xiongmao

After a really grey autumnal day we were blessed with no wind and a beautiful sky. I rephotographed Kizuna cosplaying as the Daughter of Evil, and yes the rainbow was real and not photoshopped in afterwards.

spacer.png

Here's the full dress. This time I remembered to style the sash better.

spacer.png

I guess the problem now is you can't see her feet that dress is soooo long.

Now I have some really nice photos of this dress I might switch her into the other new outfit I bought for her.

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Uzuki's away at an anime conference this week. I only hope she returns in time for the unboxing of our new girls!

spacer.png

Incidentally Uzuki is wearing the Cotton Candy Sailor outfit with the Shoes Boutique SB-SD-254 sneakers. The red spinner suitcase is by Volks.

• Like 4

Xiongmao

Uzuki sent Towa this photo of herself at the anime conference...

spacer.png

Looks like she's killing it as Yaiba from 7th Dragon, maybe literally with the 3D printed knife she brought along. I've no idea how that got through the airport security scanners!

She was a little worried those socks were too long for her, but I told her not to worry, she looks awesome 🥰.

• Like 5

Xiongmao

More Uzuki. I adore this girl. This outfit is a really great one too. Towa definitely has her eye on it, but sadly I don't think that jacket would fit her at all.

spacer.png

It was a great night for photography. I wasn't sure the sun would actually come out, but a for a few minutes the clouds went and we were blessed by some lovely late evening light.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao

I don't think I shared this photo before. This was when our Dollfie family was a trio.

spacer.png

Uzuki's grey wig looked so lovely when it was new... now it's rekt 😪.

• Like 4

Riesz
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

Uzuki's grey wig looked so lovely when it was new... now it's rekt 😪.

Depending on the damage, you might be able to save it by doing a boiling water treatment. That should straighten out the hair, then you can apply a solution of fabric softener+water to condition it further. There are a lot of videos about this on youtube.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Who's this sneaking into the kitchen in search of snacks? Why it's Snow Towa of course!

spacer.png

Towa's been a bit neglected lately what with all the new girls arriving. To make up for it I bought her a Snow Miku wig from Mandarake. I also found her this vintage DDdy outfit. It's from Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) and is for the character Ryomou Shimei. This is her gothic outfit. It's in pretty good condition considering its age. The leg harness (not visible) has deteriorated but I could always make her another one I guess. The shoes are in excellent condition and Towa thinks they're wonderful.

She also loves the necklace and says it almost makes up for the Volks new nun outfit being out of stock.

Oh and she's back in her bodysuit because winter is coming and we all need to keep warm 😊.

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Continuing our cross-over cosplays, here's Ranka Hatsune-Shimamura:

spacer.png

Who ordered ramen?

This is of course Uzuki Shimamura modelling the Ranka Lee Gorgeous ☆ Delicious ☆ Deculture outfit. We'll be on the lookout for Ranka's green wig.

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Throwback Sunday.

Here's an early photoshoot I did with Towa. I think if I was doing the photoshoot today I'd get her to borrow Uzuki's gripping hands.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Xiongmao

Scientific experiment to determine if DDS outfits fit DDP girls. Here's DDP Yayoi wearing DDS Kizuna's outfit. I don't think it looks too bad on her. The top bodysuit is a little baggy (the sleeves are endlessly long!). I might do without the bodysuit next time around.

Also I believe Yayoi has a smaller head than Kizuna as the bunny ears don't fit well. However I'm not a DD phrenology expert so this might not actually be the reason.

spacer.png

And yes, I am aware my girls are starting to drink way too many sodas...

• Like 4

Xiongmao

I haven't shared many photos of my Mochi-Ashi MDD so here's Misaki with a bit of an Empty Sekai look to her. The rest of her outfit is from Etsy and AliExpress.

She's my only Dollfie with eyes that aren't glued in, so I expect she'll be changing them more frequently from now on. I seem to remember an AliExpress vendor sent us some freebie eyes a while ago, so I'll hunt around for them.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao

New lighting kit test. Left DDdy Towa, right DDS Uzuki Shimamura. Towa is wearing the Ikki Tousen gothic outfit with a Snow Miku wig. Uzuki is wearing the Miku Empty Sekai outfit but without the Empty Sekai eyes.

Towa's neck chain is from AliExpress. It's a really neat accessory and it makes a jingling sound when Towa moves.

It's a shame Uzuki's neck has a couple of wrinkles. I'm not sure if I really like these V2 bodysuits anymore. I might get some of the older versions.

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 3

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I'm not sure if I really like these V2 bodysuits anymore. I might get some of the older versions.

I found it fairly easy to hide the cuffs and neck on the older ones, but the caveat is they had to be wearing long sleeves and shirts with collars. Coolcats has a huge variety of body suits with varying lengths to legs, sleeves, and necklines.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
7 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Towa's neck chain is from AliExpress. It's a really neat accessory and it makes a jingling sound when Towa moves.

So you can hear when she’s sneaking into the kitchen for snacks? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xiongmao
On 11/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, ragnamuffin said:

So you can hear when she’s sneaking into the kitchen for snacks? 😆

Well it's been terrible weather lately and I've had a lot of time on my hands. So now Misaki can keep an eye on Towa. I don't know if I'm the first person to have this idea... anyway Dollfies make excellent webcam holders!

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

ragnamuffin
7 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Well it's been terrible weather lately and I've had a lot of time on my hands. So now Misaki can keep an eye on Towa. I don't know if I'm the first person to have this idea... anyway Dollfies make excellent webcam holders!

Brilliant! I love how you’ve combined both hobbies here and made it entertaining to watch.

• Like 1