Veravey

MagicalRozen

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

My Growing Dollfie Family

Xiongmao

Continuing on with my series of Dollfie crossovers, here's Haruhi Shimamura lol.

This is of course Uzuki Shimamura awaiting her train to take her to another anime convention. This time she's cosplaying as the very iconic Haruhi Suzumiya. When I visited Japan in 2008 Haruhi was very much the anime wifu character of the day and she was *everywhere* (as was that very catchy theme tune). Maybe she even started my whole anime journey (together with Chii from Chobits).

Note that our outfit didn't come with either a wig or hair ribbon. Uzuki's wearing her original wig plus a hairpiece made from a pack of ribbons bought on Amazon. I'm not entirely sure how the original doll's hairpiece is held in place so here we're using hairgrips. Maybe I'll find out one day (or even buy the actual Haruhi doll).

Also Uzuki's wearing her own shoes as the Haruhi outfit ones are very delicate due to their age. We've also dispensed with the full bodysuit V2 as they give the dolls a really horrible neckline. She's actually wearing Kizuna's bodytights.

Finally she's holding the Volks school bag which I believe has become the grail of Dollfie accessories although I guess they will restock it at some point once they're done making polar bear bags.

One small observation: this outfit does actually come with pantsu which is really good since so many outfits these days omit them. Another minor observation: it comes with another red arm band which I think is for the other character they released in the series. I'm not even sure what the arm bands are for, although I have seen them worn by cosplayers sometimes.

spacer.png

Back in the real world, I didn't bear to tell Uzuki there aren't actually any trains running until the Santa Specials in mid-December 🎅.

• Like 2

spacer.png   

DDdy Towa (born 10.10.2020), DDS Uzuki (born 06.06.2022), DDS Kizuna AI (born 08.08.2022), DDP Yayoi & MDD Misaki (born 10.10.2022), MDD Rena Ryugu and DD Asuna Titania (born 22.11.22). I need to make a newer, loooonger photo of my girls.

Tira
52 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Another minor observation: it comes with another red arm band which I think is for the other character they released in the series. I'm not even sure what the arm bands are for, although I have seen them worn by cosplayers sometimes.

The armband is for Haruhi; it indicates that she's their club's leader. (I had to double-check the meaning, because it's been years since I read or watched the series.)

• Like 1

finnleo
39 minutes ago, Tira said:

The armband is for Haruhi; it indicates that she's their club's leader. (I had to double-check the meaning, because it's been years since I read or watched the series.)

her default comes with two bands, the one above "団長" Dan-chou, leader / Club lead, and the other "超 監督" Chou-Kantoku, super director

Xiongmao

This 7th Samurai outfit is on the previous page where it's being worn by Uzuki. We acquired it from Volks Japan over the summer and it's definitely a clear favourite.

Here's Kizuna... doesn't she look an adorable secret investigator?

spacer.png

spacer.png   

DDdy Towa (born 10.10.2020), DDS Uzuki (born 06.06.2022), DDS Kizuna AI (born 08.08.2022), DDP Yayoi & MDD Misaki (born 10.10.2022), MDD Rena Ryugu and DD Asuna Titania (born 22.11.22). I need to make a newer, loooonger photo of my girls.

Xiongmao

New MDD girl Rena Ryugu.

I think of all my girls I was the most immediately blown away when I unboxed her and saw her faceup. She is absolutely gorgeous.

I can't remember if it's her that people were discussing before but I'm not sure if she should have been a MDD. In the show she looks more DDP sized, or even a Dream Sister. Google tells me she's 13.

I guess that given the popularity of MDD that's why she became a MDD.

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png   

Xiongmao

Two Dollfies arriving in one week. This is fate.

If you're going to acquire Dollfie number 7 it may as well be a very special one. So here's Asuna (Titania version) from Sword Art Online.

I am captivated by her expression. This is a very special doll.

This isn't of course her actual default elf outfit. That dress up will have to wait for another day.

spacer.png

• Like 3

spacer.png   

Rajke
12 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

New MDD girl Rena Ryugu.

I think of all my girls I was the most immediately blown away when I unboxed her and saw her faceup. She is absolutely gorgeous.

I can't remember if it's her that people were discussing before but I'm not sure if she should have been a MDD. In the show she looks more DDP sized, or even a Dream Sister. Google tells me she's 13.

I guess that given the popularity of MDD that's why she became a MDD.

spacer.png

You’re photo is gorgeous. Interesting angle that works incredibly well. @onion26@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Xiongmao
57 minutes ago, Rajke said:

You’re photo is gorgeous. Interesting angle that works incredibly well. @onion26@

Thanks - I really like this angle too. I was trying to do the same with Asuna but I need a much larger photo tent lol. Also there's static which makes her longer hair go crazy.

Incidentally this is just taken on my Samsung A70 so nothing fancy camera wise. The photo tent was a super buy on Amazon.

I think I'll spend a few nights watching portraiture photography videos, not necessarily of dolls as there aren't many doll photography videos on Youtube.

• Like 1

spacer.png   

Xiongmao

Group photo of current Dollfie family. I'm struck by how photogenic Asuna is. She's definitely going back in the popup photo booth later. Kizuna wins the outfit competiton though... I just love her in that Samurai outfit.

They're roughly ordered by size, although Asuna is slightly taller than Towa. Towa will always be the head of the family though.

Unless a grail appears I don't plan on buying any more for a while (Kaito is pre-ordered though and I really want Yor Forger). We need a few bodysuits and wigs, and we're a bit lacking in DDP and MDD outfits.

First up I will try and find Asuna an everyday wig since her default wig is so precious. Also Rena needs the school outfit while it's still available.

spacer.png

• Like 3

spacer.png