Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Happiness on the Doorstep

JChiibs

With a noisy rumble out on the street in front of the house, heavy footsteps tramping across the wooden deck, and a firm knock on the front door, a brown box arrived.

6866237519_7ab926f760_z.jpg

A little guy wanders around on the table, examining the large box. "Ha! It must be full of packing peanuts to make sure my nice box didn't get smashed. This is a perfect for my house if I just turn it over this way..." Walking the length of the box, the miniature figure critically examined his new house.

"Well now, I'm going to need to get some paint since someone inconsiderately slapped this bright orange sticker on my new home!" discontent grumbling came from the figure as he went in search for some scissors.

6866236613_1c1176d5d0_z.jpg

"This should do the trick, just need to wedge it in here..." Firmly the sharp blades slipped between the cardboard flaps, cleanly cutting the tape.

6866235315_64b851d0c8_z.jpg

"Remodeling and moving into a new house sure is a lot of work!" The little guy knelt down with a sigh, momentarily resting before getting back to his task.

6866233809_48bf4fe9d6_z.jpg

"Now just lift these flaps a bit and I can get to cleaning out all those peanuts!" Inwardly the little chap was glad that no one was there to watch him struggle against the strong cardboard.

6866232183_f171f51aa2_z.jpg

A happy yelp escaped as he discovered sheets of bubble wrap tucked away inside. "This will be great to make myself a couch or a bed out of, but too bad it won't work for making myself some better pants. One thing at a time I guess."

6866230335_a33abf662d_z.jpg

"It might make me a really great winter coat too. I'll be a fashion sensation across the world!"

6866229001_a8957ee6e1_z.jpg

Full of determination the little gent cleared out the interior of his home, finding may strange and unexpected things inside. "What is this, a bear skin rug?"

6866228079_4831991b53_z.jpg

"Ahhhh! The tribble is trying to eat me!" Random giggles and snickers could be heard from underneath the fuzzy mound that now covered the upper half of the small figure.

6866227107_004508c9a5_z.jpg

"Yep, looks like this will just about fit!" Humming joyfully as he uncovered more housewarming gifts, the small guy was feeling very pleased with himself for finding such a great deal on this prime real estate.

6866226067_9168be9d77_z.jpg

"I wonder what is in here? I sure looks like a nice cooler. I could use a few sandwiches by now." Enthusiastically he pulled the lid from the small box.

6866225555_7d689d24cb_z.jpg

"Ewwww gross! Why would someone put eyeballs in a perfectly good cooler?" Quickly the lid was replaced and the short man realized he wasn't as hungry as he thought he was.

6866224721_609c9ecce2_z.jpg

"Alas poor Yorick, I never knew thee well, but you know, things could be worse. There are those individuals that would cause you to suffer the slings and arrows of a merciless volley of heady puns. But that, my sweet prince, is not to be your fate, for you are a fishmonger!"

6866223357_cc9dd0b8bb_z.jpg

"Now that I have my own human suit, I can take over the world, right Pinky?" Giddy laughter came from the tiny figure as he plotted his world domination.

6866222115_18a9f3df9d_z.jpg

"At last he LIVES! Let's make haste Igorstein, my house needs to be furnished before our evil plans can begin." A mouse like murmur came from the large figure, not even loud enough to be understood.

"Eh?" the diminutive man only let the noise invade into his wild plotting because it was such a curious sound from something so big.

"My name is Tamayuki." And without warning the little guy was being attacked.

6866220825_9406da68f3_z.jpg

"I have always wanted a dolly all of my own, and you seam like a really nice dolly." the small man couldn't fight against such overwhelming snuggles, his plans to overtake the planet were temporarily put on hold as the gentle giant's arms held him.

6866219507_b7250ffe64_z.jpg

"I think my new mommy will let me keep you too, you won't eat much, and I will read to you almost every night. That would make me happy, then I would always have someone to play with. Already my new home has everything that I had been wishing for, but best of all is the people who love me."

Perhaps being trapped by such cuteness wasn't such a bad thing, the miniature man began to think to himself.

A few hours, and a couple stories later, Tamayuki listened to his new dolly quietly snoring.

6866238147_cc93920636_z.jpg

"Goodnight my dolly. Tomorrow we will have lots of fun together, I promise."

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

MrFjmg03

Congratulation!!!! That was such a cute box opening. I was smiling while I was reading and looking at the pictures. I'm glad to see that HDD-03 still looks great without face-up.

Congratulation on your little daughter and the little guy was a cuttie too

Poofiemus

Congratulations! Heheh, looks like somebody got majorly derailed in both their plans and their family standing. Tamayuki is adorable, totally looking forward to seeing him with a faceup.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

misskale

Aww

He's so cute! I wouldn't have thought the body would translate so well.

JChiibs
Congrats on the tribble!!

Man, that's what I get for posting when I'm too tired. I had a different story in my head when we were taking the photos, but at the first mention of packing peanuts it all went out the window.

My sister and I used to make doll houses out of banana boxes, so I'm really thinking of turning that box into a house for the 'little guy', or make one of similar size out of plywood. Not like I need more projects... I guess I'll have to wait and see what Tamayuki decides.

Congratulation!!!! That was such a cute box opening. I was smiling while I was reading and looking at the pictures. I'm glad to see that HDD-03 still looks great without face-up.

Congratulation on your little daughter and the little guy was a cuttie too

I've been surprised at how fun the Volks dolls are to pose, the closest thing I've ever played with that came close in articulation is Barbie dolls. I wasn't sure what people would think of both of their faces not finished, but I was so excited that I wanted to show them off as soon as I could. I'm glad that I've had the time to really think about what I want to do for Tamayuki's faceup rather than just diving right in. Hopefully it will be finished in a couple of weeks.

Although it may not look like it, Tamayuki is a boy. This isn't helped much by some of the photos I've taken since this set where he has a hair clip holding his bangs out of his eye.

In case you were wondering, the little guy is an EB Mini that I bought since Volks has discontinued them. Such a shame! He's such a ham... A couple of pics that didn't make the cut were when he had Yuriko's (Ravendruid's daughter) bra on his head, and when he was trying to wrestle with Rainie's bust (she's a DDS with only a few of her limbs.)

Congratulations! Heheh, looks like somebody got majorly derailed in both their plans and their family standing. Tamayuki is adorable, totally looking forward to seeing him with a faceup.

I think the whole world domination stint came from being around Raven too much. I can say that Tama's dolly isn't the only one who is so easily turned into putty by his cuteness. Cuteness can be dangerous.

Aww

He's so cute! I wouldn't have thought the body would translate so well.

I think the biggest thing that helps is the baggy clothes. The Volks shirt was designed for the MDD, and I was surprised that it wasn't a bit more form fitting, but it turned out perfect. I'm still grumbling that Volks doesn't have boy bodies for the DD line, so I had to do some sanding on the S bust before putting him together. The pants are some random American Girl ones that came in an outfit set I bought years ago, but no one really liked them. It wasn't until the morning that Tama came that I happened to find them, and as it tuned out they go great with his shirt. What you can't see is the pants are doubled over at the waistline in back, he could easily fit into one leg! I didn't intend to do the baggy clothes with him, but it suits him surprisingly well.

That little guy is so cute! ^O^
Aww, very cute~!

Thank you. My favorite picture is the last one, it was almost an accident. I just want to frame it and stick it on my wall!

The credit for the photos goes to my husband (Ravendruid) except the last four which are mine. I'm hoping that within the next six months to have Rainie finished as well so Tama won't look like an only child. And please, if it is at all possible, ignore the EB Mini's pants... they were a mock up that I did from a pattern that was really off but I was also tired and very annoyed. Pants are not my sewing strong point. I just got tired of seeing him naked and looking like he was frozen. I really can sew much better than that.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Suzuna

So cute! I have a tan skin EB mini too. She's absolutely thrilled to see someone just like her here!

Crashrobot

I am so happy! She looks beautiful and I love the the little guy opening the box. The pictures and story are very cute too. :-3

JChiibs
So cute! I have a tan skin EB mini too. She's absolutely thrilled to see someone just like her here!

Yay, another EB Mini! They are so cute. Does yours have her face done?

I am so happy! She looks beautiful and I love the the little guy opening the box. The pictures and story are very cute too. :-3

I have such a silly sense of humor, the Volks dolls just make it so much easier to express it!

~Sister Kyoya

carmen171

Awww, that really was a super cute box openng. Congrats on the new arrival!!!!

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

littlebearries

Well... this was just.... ADORABLE!.

I love the "diminutive man"... your photos of him opening the box are just fantastic. Great camera work!!

And I love the title of this post too... it's so appropriate!!!!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Suzuna

She sure does have her face done! I rooted her hair too. I change the decals for her eyes all the time, but I took a quick snap of what she's got right now.

sOgvj.jpg

Ravendruid
She sure does have her face done! I rooted her hair too. I change the decals for her eyes all the time, but I took a quick snap of what she's got right now.

Wow, I would not have the dexterity or the patience to root or paint a head that small! Of course, the end of my little finger is bigger than that whole head lol.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

mitsuki

That is such a sweet story. Your two little ones are so cute. I have little EB minis too.

JChiibs
Awww, that really was a super cute box openng. Congrats on the new arrival!!!!

Thank you! I honestly never expected it to be this fun. I feel like I have adopted a little sprite who is too cute for words!

Well... this was just.... ADORABLE!.

I love the "diminutive man"... your photos of him opening the box are just fantastic. Great camera work!!

And I love the title of this post too... it's so appropriate!!!!

I have always had stories in my head about my dolls so it is a lot of fun having like-minded people to share them with! Originally I had bought the EB Mini to use for a posing reference for drawings but even before Tamayuki got here he had already claimed the little guy for his dolly. I have a picture or two of the little guy waiting for Tama, and even without a face, he looked really bored. When it came time to open the box, his true personality started to surface. Tama is very shy, but his dolly is a rowdy goofball who clearly lets you know what he thinks, a very interesting combination.

There has only been one day (I think) since he got here that I didn't take at least a few pictures. They are both so easy to pose, although Tama still looks surprised a lot of the time. I'm actually more of an artist than a photographer, I'm still just learning to use Raven's camera. The biggest thing to my benefit is I just really love taking pictures of little things. 95% of anything else I photograph is pure luck if it looks so nice.

How did you root her hair? Did you use Volk's rooting needle, or an actual hair rooting tool? I would be afraid of trying the Volk's needle and ending up with severely sore fingers. Where did you get the eye decals from? Once I get some paint to do Tamayuki's face I was going to do the EB Mini's as well. I found a pic in in an old manga of ours (Wish) that has the face I was looking for, so at least I have a reference to work from. Sewing clothes for that size doll isn't easy either, rarely have I done it at that scale.

Your EB Mini is really cute!

Wow, I would not have the dexterity or the patience to root or paint a head that small! Of course, the end of my little finger is bigger than that whole head lol.

Your big toe is literally bigger than the Mini's head by about one and a half times!

That is such a sweet story. Your two little ones are so cute. I have little EB minis too.

I've been a bit curious how many DD owners have at least one EB Mini, and why they don't show up more in the pics! They are just as fun to pose as any of the DDs, as long as their feet don't fall off. I need to remember to post the photostory when Tama got a couple of presents, and his dolly helped open them. It is too funny.

~Sister Kyoya

mitsuki

A few others have 1/6 scale little ones too but not necessarily EB minis. I like the EB minis because I could make a whole rainbow of customs.

Suzuna

I used Volk's rooting needle and yes, my fingers hurt like crazy. I got the eye decals from junkyspot! They have 1/6 size decals there.

JChiibs

Thanks for letting me know about the decals. Junky Spot has a lot of them! I have been trying to decide what to do about the hair, almost hoping to find a wig the right size. I think Parabox has some, but it's been a while since I've checked. On the other hand, to get the hair style I want I think I'll have to root it.

~Sister Kyoya

Pumpkins

Awww how adorable! Congrats on this cutie! :3

We saw the world as children

The field filled with light

When did we stop believing

The things before our sight?

JChiibs

Thank you! I can't believe how fun he has been to have around, making me feel spoiled by his cuteness.

~Sister Kyoya

Suzuna

Wigs just don't sit on their teeny heads very well, I tried some 3/4 inch PukiPuki wigs and they were alright, but they just poof out all over the place and don't take to styling. If you glued a wig down you might have a little more luck styling it, though!

Both your boys are really cute. I hope they're ready to have a lot of oneechans, because this forum is full of girl dollies!

Keilee

Aww! What a cute photostory! Welcome home Tamayuki! He makes a very cute little boy!

JChiibs
Wigs just don't sit on their teeny heads very well, I tried some 3/4 inch PukiPuki wigs and they were alright, but they just poof out all over the place and don't take to styling. If you glued a wig down you might have a little more luck styling it, though!

I had definitely considered gluing the wig on since I didn't want to keep looking for hair to fit his tiny head! Do you happen to know if the Volks dollfie plus wig might fit? I know the size of the EB Mini' head is 8 cm and the EB head is 8 3/4 cm. The reason I'm wondering if it might work because the EB and the Dollfie plus are the same height, but that says nothing of head size. And of course Volks doesn't state that measurement.

Both your boys are really cute. I hope they're ready to have a lot of oneechans, because this forum is full of girl dollies!

Tamayuki may be shy, but he surely doesn't like to go unnoticed. As for his dolly, he goes out of his way to make sure I know he's there. It does boggle me though how scarce boys are in the DD world... If I managed to make A DD or a DDS boy, they might be mobbed!

Aww! What a cute photostory! Welcome home Tamayuki! He makes a very cute little boy!

Thank you!

~ Sister Kyoya