Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll 1/4 Vinyl Dolls??

Dolliquent

I've been eyeing one of these for too long now and might just cave in like everyone else next time I get paid. >.<

I hope the posing is just as good as I saw with some of their 1/6 ones.

• Like 1

Courtmom
On 1/27/2023 at 2:59 PM, Dolliquent said:

I've been eyeing one of these for too long now and might just cave in like everyone else next time I get paid. >.<

I hope the posing is just as good as I saw with some of their 1/6 ones.

Honestly I say go for it. Because sometimes these companies only do one and done and they may never make it again 

Dolliquent
1 hour ago, Courtmom said:

Honestly I say go for it. Because sometimes these companies only do one and done and they may never make it again 

I'm actually going to get one for my sister this Friday as her first bjd. I know me and how I can get so jumpy at any new doll when I already have 2 on the way. Gotta slow down 😅

aminadolls

I just ordered two tan Rubys from their Taobao shop for me and my friend! :)

I’m excited while waiting for them to arrive, though the long waiting time always makes me nervous 😅

0bsequi0us

This might not be viewable to everyone (weibo is weird) but imomodoll posted a posing video for the chubbier body!

I admit I'm getting antsy waiting for them to ship... they said they would start shipping on 1/29 but I haven't seen anyone in China getting them yet 😩

Edited by 0bsequi0us

Courtmom
4 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

This might not be viewable to everyone (weibo is weird) but imomodoll posted a posing video for the chubbier body!

I admit I'm getting antsy waiting for them to ship... they said they would start shipping on 1/29 but I haven't seen anyone in China getting them yet 😩

So I follow their weibo and I did post a few days ago on here to let everyone know that they were going to be a teeny bit delayed in shipping out because they were short staffed due to Chinese New Year. 😊 

Courtmom
20 hours ago, aminadolls said:

I just ordered two tan Rubys from their Taobao shop for me and my friend! :)

I’m excited while waiting for them to arrive, though the long waiting time always makes me nervous 😅

Make sure you ordered from the correct listing, as they had a few different ones up and I know there was body and body+head listings for both deposit price and full price 

• Thanks 1

0bsequi0us
9 hours ago, Courtmom said:

So I follow their weibo and I did post a few days ago on here to let everyone know that they were going to be a teeny bit delayed in shipping out because they were short staffed due to Chinese New Year. 😊 

Yeah, I follow them there too. I was reading through the comments of that post the other day and it seems like they were more delayed than they expected. I'm seeing mid February thrown around now. Though there are multiple waves (advanced pre-sale, then Q1 Standard sale) so who knows when the later wave will appear.

katnaper

Hulloo... Welp. There goes my plans for dolls this year. I love these!

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

chantelle

I finally caved and ended getting myself a tan Miko on the mimi body 😭

This was mainly because I saw a picture of a tan imomodoll on Twitter and I thought it was so cute. It was probably a resin and it a different sculpt but it was really lovely

Hopefully I can pass her as a 1/3 child/early teenager so shes not out of scale with my other girls

Courtmom
3 hours ago, chantelle said:

I finally caved and ended getting myself a tan Miko on the mimi body 😭

This was mainly because I saw a picture of a tan imomodoll on Twitter and I thought it was so cute. It was probably a resin and it a different sculpt but it was really lovely

Hopefully I can pass her as a 1/3 child/early teenager so shes not out of scale with my other girls

If you got the smaller bust (which I think is the Mimi?) then she could totally be like a preteen! I think

• Thanks 1

chantelle
13 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

If you got the smaller bust (which I think is the Mimi?) then she could totally be like a preteen! I think

Thats actually what I opted for! 😄 I think it should work out in that case 

I felt like the larger bust would only really work for a stylized 1/4 older character. 

0bsequi0us
8 hours ago, Courtmom said:

I can't see it! 😭 I'm just getting the Mimi video from that link... Miko is the one I'm more concerned about, since it has the chest joint.

EDIT: I was able to find the video on a taobao listing as well, though pretty poor video quality and censored to hell and back. 😂 Looks promising! I'm glad I grabbed one of each.

Edited by 0bsequi0us
Video Found!

Courtmom
53 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I can't see it! 😭 I'm just getting the Mimi video from that link... Miko is the one I'm more concerned about, since it has the chest joint.

EDIT: I was able to find the video on a taobao listing as well, though pretty poor video quality and censored to hell and back. 😂 Looks promising! I'm glad I grabbed one of each.

Here’s half of it!

• Thanks 3

Courtmom
1 minute ago, Courtmom said:

Here’s half of it

**DOLL NUDITY WARNING**

Other half 

Edited by Courtmom
Forgot to upload video
  • Thanks 5

Malloruru

Gosh I can’t wait to get her!! Seeing those pose videos, she is just SO gorgeous!! 😻

0bsequi0us

Some hobbyists in China are starting to get their dolls! Unfortunately there seems to be sort of a poor opinion of them, but I don't understand Chinese well enough to know what the reason is 😰 I saw a video showing that the arms fall out easily, but in the comments people were saying that theirs stayed in just fine.

Someone also took these very helpful comparison pictures:

momocomp.jpg.e505511f483d7fa77a2c39330a60c3d4.jpgmomocomp2.jpg.150eb08bb8cace6fd5cf0f9305532506.jpg

• Thanks 2

chantelle
14 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Some hobbyists in China are starting to get their dolls! Unfortunately there seems to be sort of a poor opinion of them, but I don't understand Chinese well enough to know what the reason is 😰 I saw a video showing that the arms fall out easily, but in the comments people were saying that theirs stayed in just fine.

Oh no… I hope that whatever the issue is its not too much of a problem for owners. This was the first run for these dolls so I was expecting some sort of issue but I’m somewhat worried now.

I’m still looking forward to receiving mine so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Probably best for now to be cautiously optimistic.

Malloruru
3 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I saw a video showing that the arms fall out easily,  

Do you still have a link to the video? 

0bsequi0us
19 minutes ago, Malloruru said:

Do you still have a link to the video? 

I managed to find it, hopefully this link works: (Weibo)

Though on second viewing it looks like only one arm fell out easily, so it might be just a quality control issue?

3 hours ago, chantelle said:

Oh no… I hope that whatever the issue is its not too much of a problem for owners. This was the first run for these dolls so I was expecting some sort of issue but I’m somewhat worried now.

I’m still looking forward to receiving mine so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Probably best for now to be cautiously optimistic.

I'm still pretty excited ngl, for the price I'm sort of expecting some little issues 😅 I know with their 1/6 vinyl doll the first run was also a little problematic (the legs liked to fall off) but subsequent runs seem to have fixed the problem. Hopefully whatever problems they might have can be remedied easily.

• Like 1

chantelle
13 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I'm still pretty excited ngl, for the price I'm sort of expecting some little issues 😅 I know with their 1/6 vinyl doll the first run was also a little problematic (the legs liked to fall off) but subsequent runs seem to have fixed the problem. Hopefully whatever problems they might have can be remedied easily.

You got a good point there! The price is excellent so I do agree that some issues are to be expected in that regard as well. 

I’m still excited for mine as well, just a little cautious. In particular I’m really excited to see how the tan tone looks in real life. 

• Like 1

Veravey
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Though on second viewing it looks like only one arm fell out easily, so it might be just a quality control issue?

I'm going to stay skeptical of the bad claims until I see more or one of you chime in when you get yours. That video is so short and kind of vague/unclear (i.e.: they don't clearly show us the side with the problem arm, it may not have been in properly to begin with.)

Edited by Veravey
spelling

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

bananaaether

I bet some tape wrapped around the arm peg would help it stay in a little better. For a price this cheap I also definitely expected somewhat delicate construction, so c'est la vie haha

Courtmom

Im laughing so hard after watching that video.

“When I AGRESSIVELY shake my doll, the arm pops out! 😱! Oh no! Don’t buy!” (Not what was said)

like bruh. A little bit of tape on the peg will probably fix that.