Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CalicoCollection

MDD wrist joints

CalicoCollection

So I'm new to Dolfie dream dolls and I just got my first MDD, I bought them knowing one of the wrist joints was wonky, I managed to get it out and sanded the peg to be slimmer so now it goes into the arm socket and stays put but I can pull it out and twist it much easier. I decided to mod the other wrist this same way but I can't get the wrist peg out. My question is is it normal for MDD wrists to be super difficult to  remove or even turn in the socket? I've also had my partner try to pull it out since they have more hand strength and they couldn't get it all the way out either. I'm going to continue trying to get it to move without damaging the arm joint or lower arm casing but definitely struggling. Any and all tips are welcome.

chantelle

I haven't tried it myself, but you could try heating it up with a hair dryer possibly and see if that makes it easier to pull out? I am not sure though since the peg and frame are ABS plastic and the heating stuff probably works better on the vinyl shell so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, just wondering, but for what purpose do you want to be able to remove the wrist pegs easily? I have a MDD myself and I never needed to do that to change her clothes or hands, so I am curious why you are doing this mod.

CalicoCollection
On 11/2/2022 at 1:14 PM, chantelle said:

I haven't tried it myself, but you could try heating it up with a hair dryer possibly and see if that makes it easier to pull out? I am not sure though since the peg and frame are ABS plastic and the heating stuff probably works better on the vinyl shell so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, just wondering, but for what purpose do you want to be able to remove the wrist pegs easily? I have a MDD myself and I never needed to do that to change her clothes or hands, so I am curious why you are doing this mod.

So what I figured out is that the wrist pegs are not actually volks. Instead they had a ridged peg with a line of tiny nubs that prevented the wrist from swiveling at all which would really limit posing options. So my mod basically just made them functional. 

chantelle
On 11/4/2022 at 5:44 PM, CalicoCollection said:

So what I figured out is that the wrist pegs are not actually volks. Instead they had a ridged peg with a line of tiny nubs that prevented the wrist from swiveling at all which would really limit posing options. So my mod basically just made them functional. 

Ohhh I see now. Thats so strange, I wonder why it came like that. Thank you for explaining, I hope you can get the second peg out, best of luck!

• Like 1