The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

End of Production for MDD Base Bodes (Update: New Base Body MDD 2.0 f3)

Janeway

l found a picture of this new MDD 2.0 body and dam she cute. Mods hope it's ok to post a picture if not let me know.

and_0526_01.jpg.e41d6a06b383140fa8a22c05be87c5a1.jpg

Edited by Janeway
Mods delete please. I am wanting to respect volks wish not to post a picture.

DesertPhantom51

The second Blog post just posted with the same restrictions for membership.

It looks like a lot of improvements for posing and movement.  I'm honestly a little envious that DDS isn't getting this upgrade.  Maybe I should get an MDD...

Public blog post link includes link to the members only article. 

Edited by DesertPhantom51

BeyondTime
On 6/4/2023 at 10:47 PM, Janeway said:

l found a picture of this new MDD 2.0 body and dam she cute. Mods hope it's ok to post a picture if not let me know.

You’re fine at this point, they made the news fully public last week. It was just the special pre-announcement to members that was restricted. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

toughstermcg

From the new June 8th blog post:

"The synergistic effect of the movement of the neck and the warping of the body allows you to bend the upper body as much as in "The Shawshank Redemption" (both Head use DDH-27)."

??????

Janeway

Thanks Beyond Time 😀

BeyondTime
On 6/8/2023 at 7:51 PM, DesertPhantom51 said:

It looks like a lot of improvements for posing and movement.  I'm honestly a little envious that DDS isn't getting this upgrade.  Maybe I should get an MDD...

I think those will be coming to DD/DDS/DDDy at some point in the next year or so.

My DCH-10 may be getting a DCH-10 little sister with different face make now, and I never had any intention of getting an MDD ever.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nannecakes

i wonder if this is the body they’re going to release anya on? i feel like they’ve made this new version more shapely/mature looking…

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, nannecakes said:

i wonder if this is the body they’re going to release anya on? i feel like they’ve made this new version more shapely/mature looking…

Anya feels like she should be Mochi-Ashi to me, but so far no news on that front. That's not to say they might not use MDD 1 for her. 

Monty

The second post is now public to all. It goes more in depth about the posing, as well as what parts of the old body are compatible (actually everything, it’s just that using the older chest pieces will mean less poseability). It also has a direct comparison with the old body which is helpful!

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2023/06/15/006369.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

The next post will be showing it in different clothing, which means unlike what I expected, MochiAshi isn’t mentioned yet. Hopefully it is in future though.

Edited by Monty

Monty

The new members only post went up today, which showed the new body wearing some of the new outfits coming out soon, as well as detailing 3 of apparently 4 release methods.

Short notice, but one of them is a special members only very limited preorder opening in a few hours - 8PM JST. If you’re a GL member you can access the shop link by clicking the image at the end of the post.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/blog/230622_mdd_03.html?utm_source=vsApp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=oshirase

There’s also now a banner on the web store advertising a different preorder at 10am on the 24th, but it isn’t clickable, so I’m not sure what the specifics of that are. The banner says the preorder page is still under construction. The blog post doesn’t mention this preorder on the 24th at all, which is…odd? Maybe these ones will not need GL but ship out a lot later…?

Other opportunities are Nagoya Dolpa on the 20th of August, and then the After Event in September. 

I haven’t seen a base body release handled like this before, anyway.

edit: As of now, the Flesh limited PO is still open nearly an hour and a half later which surprised me cos I thought they'd go really quick. SW is gone though!

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Keoka

I was surprisingly able to preorder a fresh body (I ended up joining global membership last month)

Also was trying to figure this out but haven't been able to - do the existing bodysuits fit 2.0? Or will there be new bodysuits, or do we not know yet? 

StartPlanting

I was also able to just order one. Thank you for the reminder post! I have a Cheryl head currently on a DDP, but I think she will be much happier on this body!@onion24@

Kymera
On 11/14/2022 at 12:12 AM, Monty said:

Actually… it only mentions base bodies and not individual parts, so it could be the frame…? (Then again, it doesn’t mention individual frame parts being discontinued either…)

Yaaasss. This. Fingers crossed that the F3 arms and legs are backwards compatible. If Volks is really nice,  they'd give an opportunity to just buy the upgraded spines. 

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

moerunamida

Anyone have an idea if this is going to be the new way MDD bodies will be sold? Seems very odd to me that the bodies were a pre-order. I would have purchased one, but I do not have the funds currently.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Monty
11 minutes ago, Eighteafive said:

Anyone have an idea if this is going to be the new way MDD bodies will be sold? Seems very odd to me that the bodies were a pre-order. I would have purchased one, but I do not have the funds currently.

It's labelled as a special pre-release, so I doubt it. There will be another chance during the after event in September - I'm not sure if that will be another limited sale or permanent from then on, though. I think they are just staggering the early sales to prevent a massive rush for them if they were all released in one go.
There still hasn't been any word on them replacing the existing MDD bodies currently used in Dream Choice, so maybe production will pick up once all those bodies are used up.

• Like 1

ebil
On 6/9/2023 at 3:30 AM, toughstermcg said:

From the new June 8th blog post:

"The synergistic effect of the movement of the neck and the warping of the body allows you to bend the upper body as much as in "The Shawshank Redemption" (both Head use DDH-27)."

??????

Hahaha, of all the ways they could have talked about bending back the upper body...

spacer.png

• Haha 10

Keoka

I got a shipping notice today for mdd 2.0 body preorder! 

• Like 3

StartPlanting

Mine just arrived too! Yay!

• Like 2

lilshy-yandere

Can i ask, if you or someone

On 8/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, StartPlanting said:

Mine just arrived too! Yay!

Can i ask, if you or someone want, to post some pics of the new body? 🥺 I've been trying to decide for months whether to take the new mdd body or the obitsu one.

I'd really like to know the max range of the knees/posing in general.. Thanks!

PolitelyNefarious

@lilshy-yandere  JadePixel very kindly posted an in-depth review on her blog.  I will say, despite being put off by the initial promo photos, it does look better in person, although I miss the chubbier limbs already. The posing is quite an upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Anna-neko

Volks.... are you taking notes from how Microsoft names their Xboxes....  because 2.0 f3 is def ... a name....

• Haha 6

BeyondTime

Put in a Dream Choice order for an MDD2.0 DC-H-10 with an M03 face-up. XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BeyondTime

My new MDD 2.0 Isis - she's named for the Egyptian Goddess.

53399005019_ac6ed324d3_6k.jpgIsis - Intro-8264.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 7