Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sunsetvita

Matching skin tones

Sunsetvita

I hope this is the right section to place this thread, basically I want to make a hybrid doll. 

I want to use the body of DDdy flesh/normal skin tone and the head of a resin doll.

The resin doll that I'm planning on buying is an E.I.D Iplehouse Yur, but I have no idea which skin tone will come close to match that of dollfie dream flesh tone,

they offer: white, normal, peach gold and special real for that particular doll.

So which skin color will best to match with DDdy flesh tone, please? 🧐 

Edited by Sunsetvita

Oculae

I've heard online that DD's Flesh tone is very similar to Volks's Normal skin tone. When I did resin matching for my own hybrid with a Pipos head, I went off of that assumption and it worked out just fine. So whichever one matches Volks best is the one I'd go with, or a lighter tone if a perfect match isn't available. It's easier to blush a head to match a body than vice versa, after all!

As for where to go for resin matching pics...if nobody here knows, people usually post those on the big resin forum, Den of Angels.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Emil
45 minutes ago, Oculae said:

I've heard online that DD's Flesh tone is very similar to Volks's Normal skin tone

Absolutely not, unless it's an old DD flesh/normal (DD2 Era) and a newer SD Fair/normal skin body (E: even then, it's fairly far off).

Volks SD Fair/Normal (Fair is the new name for SD "Normal") is very yellow-toned compared to DDs strong pink. I can post comparison photos later if someone wants, I have DD white/semi-white/flesh/tan as well as SD white/normal/tan
I can't speak for iplehouse specifically, but I used to have an MYou in Normal Pink who probably could've been blushed to match a DD body. You'll want something pink-toned and not yellow-toned (which many eastern resin dolls seem to be by default) 
I second the DoA suggestion, Iplehouse is pretty popular over there, plus lots of resin collectors seem to own a DD or two by whatever matter of sorcery lol.

Edited by Emil

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~