Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

random_forest

They call me random_forest

random_forest

Ok, so about me. I'm random_forest, or Anna. 24 years old, living in UK (altought I'm from Poland), statistician & econometrician, game freak (PC, board, RPG, chess...), rather nerdy. My doll fixation started 2,5 years ago with fashion dolls. Then BJD, which I love for their mobility and possibilities of customization (not that I'm any good at this, but I'm working . Recently I started thinking about Dollfie Dream. And well - I decided to buy one... For now. Great thanks to Kumi, who helped me a lot with gathering information. I'm thinking about DDII (maybe white?) or DDS body (parts - as an economist I'm not much into 'limited edition' things) and one of SQlab heads (probably Tsubaki). Ah well, I've some time to think about it, as for now I don't know anybody to help me with buying in Volks USA.

Anything else I should say about me? I'm glad to have a chance to meet you all. Hope it'll be fun here, and with DD.

As English isn't my first language, I'd ask you for understanding. But if I'll be making too much mistakes, please, let me know. I'll try my best to write better.

Edited by Guest

PlasticFantastic

Welcome! And congrats on wanting to make the jump from other BJDs to DD's! I hope that you can get started on your DD project quickly!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

baldylox

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here. Hopefully you can quench your DD thirst soon.

Feel free to poke around and ask whatever questions you may have!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Anouc

I understand everything from your english good xDDD ... So your english is perfect for me xDD ...

Ouh ouh ouh a "jump" from BJD too DD? ...you will love a DD more x333 ... (maybe xD)

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Poofiemus

Welcome, random_forest! I'll admit that when I saw the title of this thread I read it Monty Python style, as though you were

Custom girls like you're proposing are a lot of fun to put together! They do take some time, especially hunting down all the right bits and pieces like eyes, wigs, and shoes, but they're worth it in the end.

Tsubaki is a cute mold. Haven't gotten to see one in person yet, but do talk online with someone who's got one. He hasn't posted much here yet, but maybe if I post his Figure.fm profile I can flush him out.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Kumi

Oh, hi, Anna, welcome to the forum

Looks like the DDisease is spreading. Good, good...

random_forest

Thank you all very much.^^ I consider project started - in thinking-it-all-up stage.

@Anouc: Loving DD more than BJD? Not sure if I can love any doll more than my Fairyland tiny girl... We will see.

@Poofiemus: Ah, that was pure accident. But I love the scene you linked. (Should try to introduce myself that way.) Also - what a beyond awesome idea to custom a DDdy like Agatha Heterodyne! If we're in webcomics inspiration, maybe I should think about Rose Lalonde from Homestuck...

@Kumi: I'd think I was rather acquiring immunity to dolls through those years... No good...

Poofiemus
Thank you all very much.^^ I consider project started - in thinking-it-all-up stage.

@Poofiemus: Ah, that was pure accident. But I love the scene you linked. (Should try to introduce myself that way.) Also - what a beyond awesome idea to custom a DDdy like Agatha Heterodyne! If we're in webcomics inspiration, maybe I should think about Rose Lalonde from Homestuck...

You read Girl Genius? *big crazed grin * Heheh, I love it when people know who Agatha is, probably because most don't. So, thank you! Sadly I haven't picked up Homestuck yet, though I know it has quite the fan following. Still, webcomic customs I can affirm are fun, though I'll also confess I haven't made Agatha any of her comic-based outfits yet. ^^; (I have the fabrics floating around for her brown dress from the circus, just haven't gotten around to drafting a pattern yet.)

I love the thinking/planning stage! Sometimes I wonder if I like making plans more than executing them. XD

random_forest

Sure I know GG. And yeah, it sucks that so few people read it. Also, Lucrezia Mongfish as DDdy could be great - I loved her look.^^ I've seen that your Agatha's outfit isn't exactly like the comics one, but I'm sure you'll someday make her something more steampunky. And by all means give Homestuck a try! Considering the form, story, language and ideas it may be best webcomic I know (altought art sooo sucks^^').

JChiibs

Howdy Random_Forest! Congrats on catching the DD bug. Don't worry, it will only spread like a virus.

Custom girls like you're proposing are a lot of fun to put together! They do take some time, especially hunting down all the right bits and pieces like eyes, wigs, and shoes, but they're worth it in the end.

Er... Am I just a weirdo who only thinks of the custom dolls? I find it strange that so many people want the named/character dolls when they have the option of making hordes unique ones!

You read Girl Genius? *big crazed grin * Heheh, I love it when people know who Agatha is, probably because most don't.

Raven and I were excited to see that you had an Agatha! I love GG, it is so funny and Agatha reminds me WAY too much of myself... I am definitely a spark in my own way, and my family is either blown away by it, or annoyed.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Poofiemus

Er... Am I just a weirdo who only thinks of the custom dolls? I find it strange that so many people want the named/character dolls when they have the option of making hordes unique ones!

Lol, nope! Granted, I am drawn to a couple of Volks' fullsets, but that's partially because they do admittedly do a fantastic job. (And now that I think of it, I am more likely to desire the more complicated sets.) But my list of potential customs does outnumber the list of existing fullsets, easily. . . Especially now that 3D printing a custom head is looking like an increasingly desirable option to me. XD

Raven and I were excited to see that you had an Agatha! I love GG, it is so funny and Agatha reminds me WAY too much of myself... I am definitely a spark in my own way, and my family is either blown away by it, or annoyed.

~Sister Kyoya

Omigod, more fans of the Lady Heterodyne! Awesome. And I can empathize with having sparkiness of my own, too. . . which would fall in with us both having loads of ideas for customs. It's like building a construct!

random_forest

Go further! Make Lucrezia! Ahh, whole idea makes me excited!

JChiibs
But my list of potential customs does outnumber the list of existing fullsets, easily. . . Especially now that 3D printing a custom head is looking like an increasingly desirable option to me. XD

They can do 3D DD heads? I will never have money again... I knew that they could do the 3D printing for a lot of stuff, but it just didn't click having to do with the DD.

And I can empathize with having sparkiness of my own, too. . . which would fall in with us both having loads of ideas for customs. It's like building a construct!

I laughed when you mentioned constructs, because I had been thinking that same thing when I was writing about the hordes of DD that I want to make. It is one of the few times when I feel like a mad scientist who is yelling, "It's alive! ALIVE!" Perhaps it would be dangerous if we were in the same room together, in the end, the building might not have a roof...

As if I needed more encouragement! In addition to Lucrezia and my own Agatha, I would also have to make O'Hara, Gil, Tarvek, Zola, and then my two favorite Jägers Maxim & Oggie... We surely have the room for all of them in our house, but there is such foolish things to take care of like bills, and food.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Nehelenia

Hi there! You seem like a very interesting person ^^

Welcome to the family, I hope you will get your first DD daughter soon ^^

Poofiemus

They can do 3D DD heads? I will never have money again... I knew that they could do the 3D printing for a lot of stuff, but it just didn't click having to do with the DD.

I haven't tested it yet, but as far as I can tell it's possible. Shapeways has this material called polished white strong flexible, which while not crisp enough for say a Figma should be fine for a 1/3, fairly stylized head. The big plus on that particular material is that it apparently takes dye very well, so it would be possible to tint the head to match whatever body you chose to use.

I laughed when you mentioned constructs, because I had been thinking that same thing when I was writing about the hordes of DD that I want to make. It is one of the few times when I feel like a mad scientist who is yelling, "It's alive! ALIVE!" Perhaps it would be dangerous if we were in the same room together, in the end, the building might not have a roof...

LOL! That's exactly how I feel when I animate! I tell people that I must have been a mad scientist in another life. XD

As for constructs, it's not just limited to dolls for me. ^^; I have plans to make another night fury like Pancake, but bigger, a Sculpy Twilight Sparkle going, plans for a Sculpy Princess Luna. . . and that's not even getting into my own plotbunnies, bluh. So, it could indeed be very dangerous to put us together--but potentially awesome.

Oh, dude, no! Between Agatha and Nanoha I think I have enough potentially destructive power, thank you. Though I'll admit, I would love to find a good Gilgamesh and/or Tarvek bait. ^^;

JChiibs
As for constructs, it's not just limited to dolls for me. ^^; I have plans to make another night fury like Pancake, but bigger, a Sculpy Twilight Sparkle going, plans for a Sculpy Princess Luna. . . and that's not even getting into my own plotbunnies, bluh. So, it could indeed be very dangerous to put us together--but potentially awesome.

I've always have some kind of project going of one sort or another and love creating things with my hands. There have been times when I had to force myself to go to sleep because I would regularly stay up 20-30 hours in a row working on something. For many years off and on I was making 3D meshes for Sims 2 objects that I would have continued with Sims 3 but too much changed and I just couldn't grasp all of it. I've been working on writing a few book in a fantasy world I created for about the last 8 years. Last week I was curious how long it would take to name 100 of my characters and actually recall significant info about, accomplishing it in about 3 minutes. I crochet and knit, our living room furniture was replaced with our dinner table and is surrounded with shelves of fabric making it easy for me to sew. And then there is my artwork... *points to her webpage link under her avatar...*

I couldn't help but laugh when I read your response, it's a tiny bit eerie how many similarities we have. It was really neat to see your animation reel on your webpage, I'm fascinated by animation but I just don't think I could wrap my head around it.

So, it could indeed be very dangerous to put us together--but potentially awesome.

My vote goes towards Awesome!

~Sister Kyoya

wotafarce

Welcome

nice to hear from someone else in the UK there is getting to be a few of us here now

battrastard

Welcome!! Yes, the Tsubaki head from SQLabs is awesome! I've been puttering around with the idea for another adoptee, and another SQLabs head is a definite get.... (Still thinking on "who" though)

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"