Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Greta

How to make Magnetic tongue?

Greta

Hi i wanna make a magnetic tongue to my dollfie head, but i don’t know where to find tutorials on how to make it?

Oculae

It's fairly straightforward - you'll need two small neodymium (rare earth) magnets and either air dry or polymer clay. Air dry is less hassle but more fragile, polymer clay requires you to bake it before it'll fully harden but will be sturdier.

Glue one magnet inside your doll's head where you want the tongue to go, and when you sculpt the tongue, put the other magnet on the end that will go against the head. Make sure they're facing the right way so they're attracted to each other, and make sure they're strong enough that they can stick to each other through the vinyl. If they don't stick well, use a bigger magnet in the head.

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Greta
8 hours ago, Oculae said:

It's fairly straightforward - you'll need two small neodymium (rare earth) magnets and either air dry or polymer clay. Air dry is less hassle but more fragile, polymer clay requires you to bake it before it'll fully harden but will be sturdier.

Glue one magnet inside your doll's head where you want the tongue to go, and when you sculpt the tongue, put the other magnet on the end that will go against the head. Make sure they're facing the right way so they're attracted to each other, and make sure they're strong enough that they can stick to each other through the vinyl. If they don't stick well, use a bigger magnet in the head.

Thank you so much!! Will it damage the face up when they stick together? 😓 Sorry i don’t know how to ping when replying

Oculae

Quotes work too! Pings are just @ followed by the username you wanna ping, then select them from the list that pops up. Like so: @Greta

You'll want to be gentle when sticking the magnets together, but I haven't heard anything about magnets causing faceup damage as long as the faceup is properly sealed and the magnet touching the face doesn't slide around too much.

• Haha 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Grover864

You can also use sticky tack instead of magnets if it's infrequent use or just to get placement right before committing to a shape and location. (Sometimes the addition is just to small for magnets as well)