Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

meef

Hello from a big doll fan!

meef

Hello! I’ve been collecting BJD since 2005 and have always been fascinated with the larger ones. From biggest to smallest, I have an Obitsu 150cm, a Parabox Otocolle 110cm, two 110cm Dollmore Trinities, a Spiritdoll Dolce, and several Smart Dolls.

I plan on posting a review of the Obitsu 150 when her head comes back from a faceup and I hope to make a gallery thread or two as well of my big girls. I also have a super secret new big girl on the  way I can’t wait to post about~

I’m pleased to meet you all and can’t wait to chat! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

ragnamuffin

Welcome! I remember you posted a while back—glad you’re feeling comfortable enough to start some threads. Really looking forward to seeing more of your big dolls! I’m so interested in Otohime/Otocolle and can’t wait to see your collection.

• Like 1

meef

Thank you! Nice to see you too. :) I was trying to post a pic just now but it’s not working. From what I’ve been reading, it looks like new members can’t post photo links? I guess I’ll have to wait until I get enough posts. But I totally will post some when I do!

• Like 1

Rajke

Welcome to the forums,

@onion12@

You have some interesting girls around. Curious to read your review and to see some photo’s of your girls.

There is indeed a limit for posting photo’s for new members. After a certain amount of posts or reaching a certain amounts of days registered, you will be able to upload your photo’s.

Seeya around,

Rajke 

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Yaino

Welcome!! 

You’re definitely a seasoned collector that’s for sure, I’m also in awe over your collection.

With that said, are there any dolls on your wish list or radar that you’re willing to share, or any dolls that you’ve had that you weren’t a fan of? 

Edited by Yaino
  • Like 1

meef

@Yaino aw, thank you! 😊

What an interesting question. What I have on order is my wish list so I’ll post about it when it arrives 😉

But as for dolls that I’m not a fan of, honestly, I kind of don’t like my Obitsu 150 or Paranox Otocolle 110cm. My Obitsu has lovely hands and a pretty body, but she’s too much work, if you know what I mean. She’s just a lot to pose and move around. I hope her new faceup is finished soon and it will make me like her more.

My Parabox just isn’t as nice quality as all of my other dolls. Parts of her vinyl are rough and slightly different colors. The magnets in her face plate are weak so it falls off a lot. But I guess I shouldn’t expect better since she’s the same price or cheaper than a Dollfie Dream but giant in comparison. Parabox gave her a great faceup, though! And she’s easier to pose and carry than Obitsu. 

• Sad 2

Yaino

Ah how exciting, well I can’t wait to see. I’m always a sucker for unboxing, something about them is so wholesome 💕

That’s fair, I don’t know too much about Obitsu though. Are the joints stiffer than other lines?

Ah I’d love to see a pic of your Paradox, have you also done any mods to her ? Also bigger eh? Is she also 1/3 and just a bigger frame ?

• Like 1

meef

Eee, I love them too and plan to do an unboxing for sure!

Hmm, I feel like Smart Doll maybe has stiffer joints.

I don’t have enough posts to post pictures yet, but I will when I do! The Parabox Otocolle is 3.6 feet tall, so she’s 1/2 scale. I think the only mod she needs is glue on her face plate or better magnets maybe. 

Yaino

Lol I can’t wait then ❤️

Alright then I’ll keep that noted. But fair enough! I think you have to make 31 posts before you can post pics (I’m not entirely sure tbh!) 

but that is rather massive! Do you find it difficult to find clothing for her, or not at all? Which, when doing photography how do you go about carry a doll that size, or your other dolls for that matter? (Mhm that does seem like a good fix for your faceplate issue ) 

meef

No, it’s so easy to find her clothes. She can even wear mine, I just clip it in the back because she’s a lot thinner. I only traveled with her once to a meet up and I carried her flat in a very long garment bag meant for dresses that was white to protect her from stains. Then, when I got there, I just set her up in a chair.

I could’ve buckled her into a seatbelt into one of the seats in my car, but I wanted her to be wrapped for extra protection. I instead laid her in the back in the bag because I had enough space in my SUV.

The Parabox fit in a smaller garment bag as well but could have also sat in a seat. 

RavenWiccan

Oh wow! I didn’t know Obitsu made ones that big! 😯 I’ll have to look them up. I knew about the Dollmore trinities and always kind of wanted, but never did take the plunge. I’m so curious though!

• Like 1