Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

Astraea

It looks really cool! I wonder if the 68cm boy body was put on the back burner though, it's been a while since I've heard anything about it 

AwkwardMango
2 hours ago, Astraea said:

It looks really cool! I wonder if the 68cm boy body was put on the back burner though, it's been a while since I've heard anything about it 

Someone said that the sculptor mentioned that the file for the 68cm was corrupted/lost. @onion13@ So they are probably still working on it.

• Sad 6

MoiBakaDesu
On 6/18/2023 at 4:13 AM, AwkwardMango said:

Someone said that the sculptor mentioned that the file for the 68cm was corrupted/lost. @onion13@ So they are probably still working on it.

That's a gigantic bummer, I thought it was planned to go on preorder now in July?

I'm looking forward to their 68cm boy so much ...

Glad for the 75cm crowd though, for my purposes that's way too tall and muscular, haha.

amijules

My tallest is 70cm, and I feel like even 75 would be just a step too big for me, lol! If they ever release a 60cm range boy I'd love to consider some hybrids.

MoiBakaDesu

The two characters my dolls are based off are very twinky (and usually have a heigh gap) so the proportions of the 68cm are pretty much perfect.

If they would ever make a boy that is just a few centimeters smaller than the 68cm that would be all I could ask for, but I take what I can get.

• Like 1

ABitPeckish
On 6/17/2023 at 2:37 AM, AwkwardMango said:

Full preview of the 75cm boy body @onion26@

Reveal hidden contents

008ccSdgly1hf06eiqx35j316u1s9tar.jpg.0313783253d864520ee2736a29f510f2.jpg

bro's magnificent @onion24@

ABitPeckish

also sorry to de-rail but my 1/6th girl came a couple weeks ago and she's adorable ahhhhhhh

she poses pretty well, especially for an inexpensive 'chubby' doll, and i haven't had any issues with the legs popping off or anything :]]] her head's a bit loose but that's fixable. i'm just vibrating with excitement thinking about customizing her :DD

• Like 4

amijules
Just now, ABitPeckish said:

also sorry to de-rail but my 1/6th girl came a couple weeks ago and she's adorable ahhhhhhh

she poses pretty well, especially for an inexpensive 'chubby' doll, and i haven't had any issues with the legs popping off or anything :]]] her head's a bit loose but that's fixable. i'm just vibrating with excitement thinking about customizing her :DD

Do you have pics yet? We'd love to see!!

In other news my blind box babies are stateside, estimated delivery Wednesday!! Which of course.... is a day that nobody will be home lmfao it's been one small bump after another with these kids. OH WELL..... Thursday pickup it is, lmfao

• Like 1

ABitPeckish
1 hour ago, amijules said:

Do you have pics yet? We'd love to see!!

In other news my blind box babies are stateside, estimated delivery Wednesday!! Which of course.... is a day that nobody will be home lmfao it's been one small bump after another with these kids. OH WELL..... Thursday pickup it is, lmfao

soon @onion2@

• Like 1

0bsequi0us

Oh man... I totally thought the previous pictures of the 75 body were renders, but according to the sculptor it's real product shots. 😳 Apparently they're just heavily edited, I guess.

Also the Imomodoll weibo just posted a... uh... back view?:

Spoiler

butt.jpg.810399a8086c7346d244b976ff691616.jpg

I wish I could see the knees from the front, if they can bend like that without major gapping that would be really nice. I'm not really interested in this body personally (WAY too muscular and huge) but I do hope their skeleton designs are improving with time and practice.

Apparently July 20 is a date to look out for if you're interested!

Edited by 0bsequi0us
  • Like 4

AwkwardMango

I'm also hoping they make a 62cm boy in the future for the shorter boys out there. I like that there is a 75cm option in vinyl now, I've been wanting a 75cm boy for a while but thought resin would be way to heavy for me to handle. @onion32@

On the topic of new releases, it seems they are releasing a new 1/4 fullset girl named Mayoko on June 23. Shes so cute I love her wig and egg theme. @onion8@ I feel like I might not be able to resist this girly. @onion6@

1530769440_Screenshot(42).png.3731a692aaa1d05c0982459ff2f920c7.png

486056681_Screenshot(43).png.8827990977faf6d04c6c344fd34ec1fa.png

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Hide contents

Oh, that looks very nice though! Even with not planning to get one of the 75cm ones that makes me look forward to the 68cm even more ...

I think Imomo just nails the very pleasant proportions with their bodies.

• Like 1

cinnabunroll
4 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Oh man... I totally thought the previous pictures of the 75 body were renders, but according to the sculptor it's real product shots. 😳 Apparently they're just heavily edited, I guess.

Reveal hidden contents

I wish I could see the knees from the front, if they can bend like that without major gapping that would be really nice. I'm not really interested in this body personally (WAY too muscular and huge) but I do hope their skeleton designs are improving with time and practice.

Yeah this clinches it for me, I want a 75cm boy from them. I wonder what the skin match is for Imomodoll and Volks...

MoiBakaDesu

From what I know their semi white is a very close match to Volks dd sw, but someone who has both at hand for a comparison could confirm that better.

I am still very curious to what the caramel that they have the canis head in compares to, from the color swatch ot looks a bit darker than dd flesh, but I could be mistaken.

Sebby

I have a SWS Volks and an SWS imomo at home. If no one is quicker with photos I can take some in.... about 6 hours from now. (at work now) ^^; 

The match is quite okay but if I remember correctly the Imomo was a bit lighter.

Edited by Sebby
  • Like 1

Sebby

Sooo. Imomodoll SWS is a lot more yellow than Volks SWS. 

I'd say with some blushing you could surely make a Volks head match an Imomodoll body though. 20230620_205551.jpg.504a410dd0bc7633d13da02f6234b8a0.jpg

• Thanks 4

ABitPeckish
14 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Hide contents

ASS (literally)

Edited by ABitPeckish
  • Haha 1

Geck_O

Welp I accidentally ordered the 75cm body from Jane's doll land thinking it would fit the Canis head.  Thankfully Jane said she can hold the downpayment and apply it to the 68cm body whenever that comes out.

cinnabunroll
39 minutes ago, Sebby said:

I'd say with some blushing you could surely make a Volks head match an Imomodoll body though. 20230620_205551.jpg.504a410dd0bc7633d13da02f6234b8a0.jpg

Ah perfect, thank you very much, I will use this to my advantage in the future

• Like 2

Janeway

This is for people who are interested in the 1/3 Imomo boy body. Front view. It would cool if they had different heads for the body.

FB_IMG_1687304800494.jpg

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
11 hours ago, Sebby said:

Thanks a lot for the picture, that's very good to know as reference!

I was thinking of letting a mdd head boy of mine borrow the 1/4 body for a while until the body that is planned for him proper will be in my posession, gotta see how well he fits with his faceup.

RozenGermain
15 hours ago, Janeway said:

This is for people who are interested in the 1/3 Imomo boy body. Front view. It would cool if they had different heads for the body.

FB_IMG_1687304800494.jpg

I do have characters that I could use this body for actually. I'll keep this one in mind for that. On a side note I really should get one of the 1/6 scale ones in tan. I have someone in mind they would be perfect for! I might get semi-white too if I'm being honest hehe.

amijules

My 1/6ths got held up over the holiday weekend in customs, so it turns out they won't be here until Friday 😭😭😭 I'm so ready for them tho!!!! I even bought molds to try out making eyes for the first time 🥺

• Like 2

cinnabunroll

I just went to look at Janes Dolland, and the pre-order for the 75cm body is up. It advertises three skin tones: milk, vanilla, and brown sugar.

Not sure who is interested aside from myself, but there ya go. I'd insert photos, but I have no idea how, as I'm on mobile.