Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Volks News 100

Monty

The milestone issue is coming out on Monday the 12th.

https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/news/20230609_01.html?_ga=2.175833634.1889608862.1686271756-2048619866.1600044444

There should be a lot more stuff for the DD 20th anniversary (which will fall in August) - including more info on the MDD 2.0 f3 body, and hopefully the usual big summer Dream Choice update. (so far we know DDH27 is joining Dream Choice, but hopefully there’s more news than just that) 
Two of the confirmed new dolls are updated releases of Moe and Natsuki (posted in the anniversary thread).

• Like 2

Monty

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/news/item/modeldollfie_vsn100.html
The model page is up for July collection/Dolpa collection. Also nice to see Sato and Kaito modelling outfits.

The GL/VS/VIP item this time are some cute roller skates that go great with the new diner outfits! They’re available to order now, but I’m a bit confused by the fact that the description says made to order preorder and the button says lottery (in both jp and eng). However if you click that it goes to another page where the button just says ‘add to cart’ so just a goof I guess.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/vn100fsfa.html

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Beani

Omg those diner outfits are killing me. Can’t wait for my copy to arrive so I can salivate over those more. So perfect for Ram!

The models also have some interesting looking outfits on from what I can see. This may finally be a Volks News that gets me on outfits big time. 

This may be a problem since I don’t live close enough to line up early for the store event anymore and don’t trust myself with click wars. Hmm..

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, Monty said:

The GL/VS/VIP item this time are some cute roller skates that go great with the new diner outfits!

I wonder if the mechanical part is paintable, as is, they look unfinished. Volks is basically a model kit company at heart, so I can get they might make something for the hobbiest to finish themselves.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

TVXD
13 hours ago, Monty said:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/news/item/modeldollfie_vsn100.html
The model page is up for July collection/Dolpa collection. Also nice to see Sato and Kaito modelling outfits.

The GL/VS/VIP item this time are some cute roller skates that go great with the new diner outfits! They’re available to order now, but I’m a bit confused by the fact that the description says made to order preorder and the button says lottery (in both jp and eng). However if you click that it goes to another page where the button just says ‘add to cart’ so just a goof I guess.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/vn100fsfa.html

Is the outfit for sale as well? its so cute

BeyondTime
58 minutes ago, TVXD said:

Is the outfit for sale as well? its so cute

Retro Pop Sundae Set / Mini

It's featured on two dolls at the bottom of the page.

"Retro Pop Sundae Set" is featured on a DD a bit farther up.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Noxxbunny

oh my god the clear carry bag for MDDs, I NEED that so bad!!

They're destroying me with this issue too...a lot of the stuff is cute, but I need the bag most! 😭

• Like 3

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

My friend just got their copy of Volks News and was able to confirm my suspicion (from the lack of related leaks) that there was no major Dream Choice update other than 27 being added… I’m a bit surprised by this, not just because it’s the first summer issue since Dream Choice started without a big one, but because I was kinda expecting something special for it being a big commemorative issue on top of the DD anniversary year. I don’t know if the new MDD body influenced this at all, but there’s still the chance an update will happen later on the year- the asexual body was actually a small autumn update after all.

I know DDH27 being added counts somewhat though even though it was revealed beforehand- we can see the M01 and M02 versions of it on the model page. (The 28s modelling only say ‘reference makeup’ though… 28 and 29 - or sculpts based on them but with sculpted mouths like what happened with 22 - is a future update I’m really hoping for.)

Edited by Monty
  • Sad 1

Roxanne

Does anyone know where the ribbons the Miku's are wearing are from? Or are they just random ribbons that don't belong to any set at all? 

My instagram! 

Beani
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Does anyone know where the ribbons the Miku's are wearing are from? Or are they just random ribbons that don't belong to any set at all? 

They are from the Candy accessory line that will be sold at Dollpoint as part of DDFes.

IMG_8228.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Roxanne
17 minutes ago, Beani said:

They are from the Candy accessory line that will be sold at Dollpoint as part of DDFes.

Woah I totally missed that! I was looking over the new things to see if I could spot them anywhere but must have totally looked over this. Thank you so much!! 

My instagram! 

BeyondTime

I'm noticing that the new MDD underwear is incompatible with DDP, which is a bit unusual. I wonder if the new MDD body is less compatible with DDP in terms of hip fit? There have been panties that fit MDD and not DDP before, or it could be the bra and not the panties. 

There may be some pages missing on the Designer Collection astrologers sets. On page 1 with the witches hat, in the center there is an older girl, either SDGr or SD16, you can tell the outfit is different from the MSD one on the same page because of the bare shoulders, but the page with the outfit details isn't there. If it is SDGr / SD16 and not an SD, then we're probably not seeing all the shoes on the last scan page. Either of those doll models would need SD16 heel shoes, and not SD shoes. 

3lysa

Here some MDD and DDP measurements I've taken

Hips 

MDD 19,5 cm.    DDP 21,5cm

Bust S

MDD 17cm.       DDP 18cm 

Probably the panties aren't made of stretch fabric 

Emil
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

There may be some pages missing on the Designer Collection astrologers sets. On page 1 with the witches hat, in the center there is an older girl, either SDGr or SD16, you can tell the outfit is different from the MSD one on the same page because of the bare shoulders, but the page with the outfit details isn't there. If it is SDGr / SD16 and not an SD, then we're probably not seeing all the shoes on the last scan page. Either of those doll models would need SD16 heel shoes, and not SD shoes. 

Looking at scans now (not the same ones linked above) and I'm pretty sure the model you're talking about is the SD13 SD-F-107. SDGr and SD16 also have flat feet (...leg) options which do fit in SD size shoes as well^^ 

Edited by Emil
typo

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Emil said:

Looking at scans now (not the same ones linked above) and I'm pretty sure the model you're talking about is the SD13 SD-F-107.

That may point to an SD sized outfit as opposed to a SDGr/SD16 sized one, unless there is one more outfit on the missing page.

2 hours ago, Emil said:

SDGr and SD16 also have flat feet (...leg) options which do fit in SD size shoes as well^^ 

True, but the default option is heel feet, so I'd expect if they have an SD16 size that would need matching shoes the shoes will be SD16. 

I don't recall all the Designer Collection releases, but if they follow the same pattern as the Sucre and Petale de Rose releases, there will be boy & girl outfits for every main doll size. I am pretty sure they don't always do that so we'll see. 

I do notice that the MSD sized girl outfits on the first two pages have pants that they say work with DDP, my wishes have been granted. XD

Please Volks, give me DDP blue jeans next. 😛

2 hours ago, 3lysa said:

Here some MDD and DDP measurements I've taken

Hips 

MDD 19,5 cm.    DDP 21,5cm

Bust S

MDD 17cm.       DDP 18cm 

Probably the panties aren't made of stretch fabric 

Yes, sometimes the panties don't fit DDP, so that's a possibility. I want to see the MDD 2 stats though. 

Beani

@BeyondTime There is indeed a page missing from the astrologers, my favourite of the outfits actually. All shoes are in those scans though. 

Lots of outfits in this issue I really like but I’ll be thinking on most of them. This outfit is fantastic but I just don’t see my girls wearing it much. My other heavily themed outfits only have been worn once or twice really (Herbologist, Samurai, Steampunk etc).

The diner outfit is a 100% buy though. I’m even tempted to get two skates as I already have a light blue diner style dress by melodyc that would match them. 

IMG_8229.jpeg

BeyondTime
52 minutes ago, Beani said:

There is indeed a page missing from the astrologers, my favourite of the outfits actually. All shoes are in those scans though. 

Thank you, I'm a bit surprised about the shoes though. You have to restring an SDGr to put the flat feet on and SD16 shoes are a better fit for DD. That said, if it's SD13 / SD themed then SD shoes make sense. 

And yeah, I love the style without the skirt. It would work for Anna, Belldandy, or Ariel so I'm going for it. 

Tira

The Stargazer sets give me big FF14 Astrologian vibes. 

Using Kaito as a model is extremely dangerous for my wallet. He looks so cool, and I want everything he has on. Miku and Luka's outfits are really cool and would be great for Lucy, though Luka's dress looks like pleather, and maybe Miku's bodysuit as well... I do want the stockings and Luka's boots for her at least.

finnleo
2 hours ago, Tira said:

FF14 Astrologian vibes

(cant help myself):

The Ishgard Certified Solitaire Expert.

49609813128_1655a5e8e5_c.jpg

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Tira said:

though Luka's dress looks like pleather, and maybe Miku's bodysuit as well

Those parts will be pleather, they are on the other "Cyber" sets from previous releases.

chef_mai

I really like the sofa they're putting out (soft kind, won't stain), but at 3.4kg (and idk if that's including the packaging or not), the shipping cost will be horrific unless it's shipped via surface. 

Edited by chef_mai

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, chef_mai said:

I really like the sofa they're putting out (soft kind, won't stain), but at 3.4kg (and idk if that's including the packaging or not), the shipping cost will be horrific unless it's shipped via surface. 

Their furnishings cost about as much as a doll to ship. 

chef_mai
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Their furnishings cost about as much as a doll to ship. 

Are we talking as much as doll shipping or as much as the entire doll, so in the neighborhood of 30k (?!)

I'm thinking the smartest way to do this would be to use a proxy service to grab it domestically (I'm checking on the cost of domestic shipping), then surface ship over for $35 USD.

Edited by chef_mai

MagicalRinchan

I can't tell if I'm in love with Luka's outfit or the fact they used Luka to model it and it just happens to fit so well on her. I'm compelled to get it even if I don't have her nor is it my usual choice in fashion, but she's gorgeous!?!? I can feel the hearts forming in my eyes...