Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Volks News 100

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

Are we talking as much as doll shipping or as much as the entire doll, so in the neighborhood of 30k (?!)

Ok, my wording was poor. It costs about as much to ship the furnishings as it does to ship a doll. The furnishings have large boxes and weigh a fair amount.

It cost ¥6600 to ship these:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_DISPLAY/4518992428031.html

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_DISPLAY/4518992430294.html

Around the same time it cost ¥4500 to ship Sailor Venus, and ¥5200 to ship Sailor Jupiter.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

flora

Super interesting that they're making a clear tote bag but it also seems very plain. But it makes sense to maybe focus on your doll than the bag? The outfits are so cute even I'm tempted to buy something! 

• Like 1

Orpheus

There’s so much stuff I really like in this one. My wallet is gonna be hurting soon.

FitzofInspiration

Do the outfits from Dolpa typically get released online afterwards, or is it only leftover stock? I'm trying to figure out if I'll need a proxy to make sure I can get one of the outfits.

(My apologies if this has been asked before or if this isn't the right place to ask!)

Monty
On 6/16/2023 at 9:12 AM, FitzofInspiration said:

Do the outfits from Dolpa typically get released online afterwards, or is it only leftover stock? I'm trying to figure out if I'll need a proxy to make sure I can get one of the outfits.

(My apologies if this has been asked before or if this isn't the right place to ask!)

The online release is a separate release to Dolpa. If they were only ‘leftovers’ there would be hardly anything lol. They have a set allocation of stock for Dolpa, web store, each physical store plus volks USA and the quantities vary depending on the size of the customer-base for each store. (So I assume the online store gets the most stock, Akihabara probably gets a lot, whereas lower traffic stores like say Fukuoka and Hiroshima get the least)

Sometimes they do have items exclusive to Dolpa though, last time it was the black feather wings, although I don’t think there’s ever been entire outfits in a collection that were Dolpa only. (Looks like those wings are back again this time but only for a select number of Japan stores. I assume they cant make many of them.)

Tl:dr I think using a proxy for outfits is unnecessary expense unless you were already using them for something else and it was a ‘since you’re already there’ scenario.

edit: Not sure what outfit it is but just in case, remember this collection is split into July collection and Dolpa collection, so half of them are coming out before Dolpa anyway.

Edited by Monty
typo
  • Like 1

FitzofInspiration
2 hours ago, Monty said:

The online release is a separate release to Dolpa. If they were only ‘leftovers’ there would be hardly anything lol. They have a set allocation of stock for Dolpa, web store, each physical store plus volks USA and the quantities vary depending on the size of the customer-base for each store. (So I assume the online store gets the most stock, Akihabara probably gets a lot, whereas lower traffic stores like say Fukuoka and Hiroshima get the least)

Sometimes they do have items exclusive to Dolpa though, last time it was the black feather wings, although I don’t think there’s ever been entire outfits in a collection that were Dolpa early. (Looks like those wings are back again this time but only for a select number of Japan stores. I assume they cant make many of them.)

Tl:dr I think using a proxy for outfits is unnecessary expense unless you were already using them for something else and it was a ‘since you’re already there’ scenario.

edit: Not sure what outfit it is but just in case, remember this collection is split into July collection and Dolpa collection, so half of them are coming out before Dolpa anyway.

Understood! That definitely makes sense. I thought that might be the case but couldn't figure it out for sure.

The outfit I was looking at was the gray dress with the darker gray skirt, it's really cute! I'm also excited about the outfit with the sailor collar that isn't related to dolpa, iirc ^^ 

• Like 1

sunlightandtea
On 6/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, AwkwardMango said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4911787340989816

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4911789844729982

More pictures of the outfits that are going to be released. Volks has a tight grip on my wallet with this upcoming clothing release, I like basically all of the colorful/pastel stuff plus those sushi carry bags are so cuute. RIP my wallet. @onion6@

Oh my gosh!! That blue skirt outfit with the cold shoulder!! I need it!! 😭💕💕 When are these coming to the states? 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, sunlightandtea said:

Oh my gosh!! That blue skirt outfit with the cold shoulder!! I need it!! 😭💕💕 When are these coming to the states? 

Depends on if it's a July Outfit Collection release or a Dolpa release. I would expect the July collection in mid-to-late August, and the Dolpa Collection in late September to early October.

Sometimes Volks USA will have a single event for both, in which case both sets won't release to the US until a few weeks after the Dolpa After Event in early September.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mikuhime

I need those tiered skirts that Snow/Sakura Miku are wearing! The tops being part of another set is a bit annoying tho xd If I understand correctly, the hair-bows are Doll Point exclusive? Hopefully I can get them off yaj/mercari without too much markup. I also like the blue dress/skirt combo.

If the sofa is in the Dolpa collection I might actually get tempted, but it's definitely not in my July budget xd

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I'm sure there's a new Prayer Sister style outfit coming, but I might be mistaken.

The grey outfits would go quite well with the grey shoes we bought recently.

I don't think the Volks rollerskates are as good as the SK Dollhouse ones I bought for my MDD girls last year. It's nice to see them making something new though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

The grey outfits would go quite well with the grey shoes we bought recently.

They do occasionally do flowing black dresses like the SD Long Back Dresses (Black) from Feb 2021. The great thing about both praying girl dresses was the ability to remove the nun like components to make them a regular dress, and their compatibility with the princess poms that lets them be a fancy dress. Volks needs to keep making versatile stuff like that. That's what I like about the upcoming astrologer sets, you can remove the robes and skirts so you get two outfits for the price of one. Same with the shorts + skirt set from the previous Dolpa, it just gives you more for your money, and my dolls wear more expensive clothes than I do.

• Like 2

Mikuhime

Looks like the outfits I want are all in the dolpa release, maybe I'll try for that sofa after all x)

Xiongmao

The sunglasses are cool. It's also good to see Shin and Kaito modelling outfits.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Beani

Was able to secure my diner dress and socks just now. Hoping the shipping time won’t be too long for this release, can’t wait to dress Ram in this outfit. 

I noticed only the astrologer book bag was sold out by the time I checked out but I can’t access the shop from my phone at all now. 

Edited by Beani

teensybits
12 minutes ago, Beani said:

Was able to secure my diner dress and socks just now. Hoping the shipping time won’t be too long for this release, can’t wait to dress Ram in this outfit. 

I noticed only the astrologer book bag was sold out by the time I checked out but I can’t access the shop from my phone at all now. 

I don't think the astrologer book bag was ever in stock - it's listed as discontinued and I didn't see it appear as available at all.

Edited by teensybits

Beani

Forgot to post once the diner dress arrived but it’s just as nice as I hoped for. 100% Ram’s style. It is a bit baggy for an S bust. I might add some bust padding next time I dress her in this.  

I originally thought I was crazy for buying the Volks skates when you can get functional ones from other sellers for the same price more or less. But the perfect colour match was worth it in the end. 

For those considering it, it does require some form of pannier to sit correctly. I used a skirt from one of my other Volks sets as a stand in as the Volks pink ruffle skirt was too different in colour and I don’t have it in white. 

IMG_9056.jpeg

Edited by Beani
  • Like 4

Xiongmao

My girl also has a diner dress. I never thought of putting her in skates until I saw your photo. I think we have another diner outfit on the way.

We need to source or 3D print a serving tray then this outfit will be complete.

spacer.png

battrastard

https://iwakousa.com/collections/assorted-sets/products/38520-3-types-iwako-serving-trays-10

These trays are close to 1/3 in size! I usually browse the Iwako USA site when I look for foodie things for my Kiddos. I would be fairly certain that there might be an online distributor featuring Iwako erasers somewhere closer for you, too. 

Some of the actual food items will also come with the trays as an accessory, also. 

Rick

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"