Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

roro_robot

Strong smelling dollfie dream clothing?

roro_robot

Hi I was wondering if it was a common thing for Dollfie Dream clothing to have a very strong smell for a while? I received my first Dollfie (DD Kaito) almost three weeks ago and ever since then the smell has not lessened. The doll itself has a very light smell to it which I have seen is normal and not very noticeable, which doesn't bother me at all, but I have noticed that the clothing it came with, specifically the trousers, has a strangely stronger smell to it than anything else? I noticed it while changing the clothing and located it as just the trousers being particularly strong smelling. It isn't a huge problem for me but I was sure that just having the clothing out of the box for all that time would have surely made the smell fade by now? Mainly I'm just unsure what the cause is, perhaps the specific dye or fabric used, or maybe it just needs some more time to air out? Any advice or information on this would be appreciated <3

chantelle

Hi! I never had a Volks set smell for a while but also the materials are most likely different.

You may have to air them out for a while in a well ventilated area like the garage before it’s all gone. For example I bought a (non volks) outfit from Etsy and it had a really strong artificial floral scent and I had to leave it out for about a month before the scent was gone.

Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1

roro_robot
1 hour ago, chantelle said:

Hi! I never had a Volks set smell for a while but also the materials are most likely different.

You may have to air them out for a while in a well ventilated area like the garage before it’s all gone. For example I bought a (non volks) outfit from Etsy and it had a really strong artificial floral scent and I had to leave it out for about a month before the scent was gone.

Thank you for the suggestion! Yeah I think airing them out for longer and in a better location would work, I had only left them out in my room so it probably does need a better place than that. I don't currently have a good place I can leave them out safely at the moment but I might be able to leave it with a family member who has a really great garage space 👍

• Like 1