Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

HK47

Volks at Anime Expo 2023

HK47

So Volks USA is going to be at Anime Expo in Los Angeles.

They are going to have some Limited Edition Dollfie's there.

• DD Hatsune Miku Reboot ver.
  • DD Snow Miku Reboot ver.
  • DD Emilia 2nd Ver.
  • DDS Rem
  • DDS Ram
  • DDS Megumin
  • DD Shin Sato
  • DDS Fumika Sagisawa
  • DDS Caster/Scathach-Skadi
  • DD Shielder/Mash Kyrielight
  • DD Master/Female Protagonist
  • DD Arcueid Brunestud
  • DD Ciel
  • DDdy Yor Forger
  • DDdy 2B/YoRHa No.2 Type B
  • MDD Rena Ryugu

To name a few that will be there for sale.

guess i posted this in the wrong place

Edited by HK47
some one already posted
  • Like 3

mayaiincho

They should sell me a few copies of Mash's glasses... 

I've broken all 3 glasses Alsty has worn >.<

Edited by mayaiincho
  • Haha 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

MagicalRinchan

I haven't been to AX since I got my first dollfie. Does Volks typically also sell outfits at their booth? I was hoping to see what clothing options would be available to grab

Xiongmao

Aaargh, so many grails!

Well if the scalpers clear out all the super rare ones I can highly recommend Ciel. She's really cute and very underrated.

Her alternative outfit also comes with a really nice pair of glasses.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

wh0retensia

Are they going to be selling the school uniform outfit for Ciel?

Tokimemofan

Well there goes my wallet, I want 5 of those but can only afford 2….  If they are listing rem/ram but there’s “and more”…

Saluli

I wish I could buy 2B... But I am not even in the same country... And don't know anyone going to the event

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Noxxbunny

Unless they have Anthy by surprise somehow...luckily I am safe.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Uniquecrysis

I was able to get Emilia on the first day of the expo but both rem and ram were sold out when I got to their booth , it looks like they'll be selling a few each day

Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, Uniquecrysis said:

I was able to get Emilia on the first day of the expo but both rem and ram were sold out when I got to their booth , it looks like they'll be selling a few each day

Rem is completely sold out. They only held back 1 of her for day 2. Seems like the decision to hold some stock for later days of the convention was made too late to be relevant.  I waited in line 3 times for nothing because they haven kept their stock info updated

• Confused 1

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Tokimemofan said:

Rem is completely sold out. They only held back 1 of her for day 2. Seems like the decision to hold some stock for later days of the convention was made too late to be relevant.  I waited in line 3 times for nothing because they haven kept their stock info updated

With prior releases, sometimes they don't have a lot of stock to start out with. The extra stock often comes from canceled lottery and pre-order dolls.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

teensybits
On 6/25/2023 at 11:30 AM, Saluli said:

I wish I could buy 2B... But I am not even in the same country... And don't know anyone going to the event

2B pops up secondhand fairly regularly if you are willing to pay the markup. I saw a used one not long ago for not much over original retail.

Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

With prior releases, sometimes they don't have a lot of stock to start out with. The extra stock often comes from canceled lottery and pre-order dolls.

While that’s indeed clearly the case with these it’s more the arbitrary decision to hold back some stock for later days while selling out within 10 minutes of the exhibit hall opening makes little sense.  On day 1 when I got in line the person in front of me was buying the last rem doll they allocated to day 1 and they only saved back 1 for day 2. When I asked them if they would have more on the later days I made it clear that I was looking to buy both and they told me they were saving some stock for each day.  It’s the arbitrary way that they are handling it that has me pissed off.  At that time they were also sold out of ram for the day but 20 minutes later when I came back around they still didn’t have it posted.  Their customer service and organization was uncharacteristically bad this year.  I was going to get another doll if they were sold out but at this point I don’t want to get in line there for a 4th time for nothing

• Like 1

josuenin

Created an account just to reply. Was looking forward to this all year and was even one of the first few in line. Both Miku's sold out. Heart nearly sank. A similar feel from losing lotteries. When I tried getting both rem and ram, they told me I could only pick one.. it was just very odd and frustrating, and as if some of the staff were power-tripping on some ethereal morals/principles, or were deliberately profiling who gets and who doesnt. Definitely was slightly more than annoyed. Ended up having to improvise, fortunately.

• Confused 1

Monty
43 minutes ago, josuenin said:

Created an account just to reply. Was looking forward to this all year and was even one of the first few in line. Both Miku's sold out. Heart nearly sank. A similar feel from losing lotteries. When I tried getting both rem and ram, they told me I could only pick one.. it was just very odd and frustrating, and as if some of the staff were power-tripping on some ethereal morals/principles, or were deliberately profiling who gets and who doesnt. Definitely was slightly more than annoyed. Ended up having to improvise, fortunately.

I understand being frustrated about missing out on something you wanted but it’s standard protocol for any convention dealer selling large big ticket items to limit how many are sold a day, otherwise you’re going to get them all gone on the first day and -everyone- else misses out, which is far more unfair. I think the insinuation Volks were ‘profiling’ anyone to be extremely insulting and immature. No one attending AX was owed a doll and frankly I think it’s pretty special they had any to offer to attendees to begin with.

• Like 7

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, josuenin said:

When I tried getting both rem and ram, they told me I could only pick one.

That's fairly standard for Volks events, you're allowed to buy one of an item, and if you want a second you have to go to the back of the line and wait your turn again. It's to make sure the people behind you in line have a chance to get stuff too. It's their way of trying to ensure fairness to everyone in line. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

josuenin
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That's fairly standard for Volks events, you're allowed to buy one of an item, and if you want a second you have to go to the back of the line and wait your turn again. It's to make sure the people behind you in line have a chance to get stuff too. It's their way of trying to ensure fairness to everyone in line. 

Oh okay. 

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, josuenin said:

Oh okay. 

In the case of dolls, if they only have a few they might do one per person per day, you'd have to ask. At the Dolpa and in store After Events events though, including the ones in Japan, it's go to the back of the line and try again.

They do it in a similar way on the web stores, you can buy the allowed quantity of an item, then until your order ships, it will reject any attempt to purchase that item again. It's the same concept of get in line again, but implemented in a web-cart system.

At the last After Event they shipped clothes before the dolls and usually it's the reverse, so I sort of wondered if they didn't hold the dolls a bit longer so more people had a chance to get Shin & Ciel before anyone bought a second doll. 

Uniquecrysis

In the end everything pretty much sold out except for Altria,Yor, Caster/Scathach-Skadi, 2B and Ciel that I could remember from yesterday in the end I walked away happy Emilia was a grail for me and feel fortunate to be able to get her overall Anime Expo was fun this year it's grown exponentially being fairly new to dollfies about a little over a year now I was really excited to be able to see their booth and can't wait to do this again next year 

Tokimemofan
13 hours ago, josuenin said:

That’s standard protocol.  My biggest issue was their inconsistency in saving some back for days 2 and 3 for some dolls while not doing so for others.  Rem in particular was a clusterfuck selling out before 10:15am on day 1 and they inexplicably held only 1 back for day 2 and even a few staff members were unaware that they only had 1 for that day.  I don’t entirely blame them though, AX gets weird when day 1 is on Saturday and that happens very rarely.  Or better yet do a lottery each day, they have done it at AX in the past without issue.  Normally they are very good with handling things at AX

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Uniquecrysis said:

Yor

Yor surprises me, popular character and DDDy is a popular body choice. 

Tokimemofan
7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yor surprises me, popular character and DDDy is a popular body choice. 

Not surprising for me honestly.  With some of the dolls they do seem to plan ahead and allocate a solid number of them for AX.  They had so many options this year there wasn’t much reason to pick her unless you really wanted her specifically.  To me it is more surprising just how hard the vocaloid dolls were to get, usually they have plenty to go around 

Mega Negi

I am also a vendor at AX and they scheduled the dealer's room to open at 10 am every day and every day they let people in a little early. My booth was in the 1200 aisle and Volks was in the 5000 aisle and I never left my booth until they announced the opening of the doors.

On day 2, I hustled over to the Volks booth in the morning to see how many sales it took for the dreaded Sold Out sign to appear. It turned out that the quota of Miku and Snow Miku for the day was 1 each.

The only things I was hoping to score there were some bodysuits for Kaito and Len but they were sold out of that size. Also Anthy if they had her in stock, but also no. I might have gone for another Miku if they had her in larger quantities, but I didn't want to deprive someone of getting one. All I want is her outfit, really.

AX_VolksSign.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime

Amazed they still have Yayoi, and sad that Sailor Mercury still hasn't sold out. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Omg I would have bought every doll in that display!

Yayoi is so cute but she is always overshadowed by Iori 🙄.

I would say Ciel is the most underrated DD in recent memory. She is just so awesome in real life. Mine is cosplaying as a Blue Archive character and she looks absolutely incredible.

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.