Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
roro_robot

Are new items on VolksJP likely to sell out fast?

roro_robot

Hello! I'm still quite new to the hobby so the September new outfit collection on VolksJP will be the first time I'm planning on buying newly released (limited?) items that aren't a doll preorder so I have a few questions relating to it. Mainly I'm wondering if they sell out fast and is it likely to be a click war type of situation? I am familiar with the website now and can confidently checkout on it so I'm only worried that I might miss the time they release and they end up sold out due to time zone differences, 10:00 being 02:00 in my time zone.

Sorry if this has an obvious answer, I tried googling myself but many of the answers are almost a decade old and I'm unsure if things have changed much since then or are different for different types of releases 😓 

ragnamuffin

Whether they sell out fast or not is anyone’s guess—sometimes they have a lot of stock of something and it sits on the website for months, or sometimes the things you think would be popular are a total dud and vice versa (gone in minutes, never to be seen again, like those white wrist cuffs I wanted RIP).

But one thing is for certain: the website will crash if more than like two people are using it at once. The fact that you can check out now means nothing, because it will be hard to connect as soon as the items go on sale. Whether it remains hard to connect all day or just for the first few hours depends on how popular this lineup is, which is hard to gauge beforehand.

• Thanks 1

roro_robot
6 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Whether they sell out fast or not is anyone’s guess—sometimes they have a lot of stock of something and it sits on the website for months, or sometimes the things you think would be popular are a total dud and vice versa (gone in minutes, never to be seen again, like those white wrist cuffs I wanted RIP).

But one thing is for certain: the website will crash if more than like two people are using it at once. The fact that you can check out now means nothing, because it will be hard to connect as soon as the items go on sale. Whether it remains hard to connect all day or just for the first few hours depends on how popular this lineup is, which is hard to gauge beforehand.

This is good to know thank you for the info! <3 I am also already very familiar with the website crashing on me even at times where nothing new is releasing lol, that site feels like its held together with string 😆 going to be fun to try and get the items I want so I think it will probably be best that I stay up to get them when they release. 

Edited by roro_robot
  • Haha 1

ragnamuffin
7 minutes ago, roro_robot said:

that site feels like its held together with string 😆

For real 😂

Good luck! It does seem like most new releases stay in stock for at least a couple of days, or are restocked within a few hours/days (unlike normal stock), so you should in theory be able to get what you want.

• Like 1

roro_robot
32 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

For real 😂

Good luck! It does seem like most new releases stay in stock for at least a couple of days, or are restocked within a few hours/days (unlike normal stock), so you should in theory be able to get what you want.

Thank you! I have a feeling that the school uniform sets might be popular so I will try to get the pieces I want when they release, but if I do end up missing any I will keep my fingers crossed that they do a restock sometime 😊 I think I have noticed a few items reappearing with previous releases but wasn't 100% sure.  

• Like 1

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

But one thing is for certain: the website will crash if more than like two people are using it at once.

If they have any Sapphires left over from the lottery and they go up for clickwar, expect their website to collapse into a quantum singularity under the load. 

Volks releases cute doll, earth goes bye bye...

11 hours ago, roro_robot said:

Thank you! I have a feeling that the school uniform sets might be popular so I will try to get the pieces I want when they release, but if I do end up missing any I will keep my fingers crossed that they do a restock sometime

Those usually aren't too bad, the pink version remained available for a long time. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

roro_robot

Ended up not staying up for the release time (aka deciding I didn't want to bother with the website when its busy/crashing 😆 ) but still woke up early-ish and they luckily had a few of school set left in stock!

Also took the opportunity to finally get one of the full bodysuits to try out. I thankfully haven't had any issues with staining yet, but because I'm planning to start making my own clothing its probably better to be safe when using lots of different fabrics that don't have the same light/white lining that many of Volks clothes have.   

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

I set my alarm to go to the clickwar once in the middle of the night (an it was a weekend where I visited a convention no less ...), because I absolutely wanted that white bunny boy outfit they released about almost a year ago. Luckily I got it, but it took a while to get through the crashing site.

For their current release I sort of forgot it went online and was a day late, I still got what I wanted (the angel and devil hoodies and clip one bunny ears), but the stock was almost gone.

So yeah, like the others have mentioned, it's hard to predict, but if it is something you need 100% it's the safest bet to get ready for clickwar.

• Like 1

roro_robot
11 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I set my alarm to go to the clickwar once in the middle of the night (an it was a weekend where I visited a convention no less ...), because I absolutely wanted that white bunny boy outfit they released about almost a year ago. Luckily I got it, but it took a while to get through the crashing site.

For their current release I sort of forgot it went online and was a day late, I still got what I wanted (the angel and devil hoodies and clip one bunny ears), but the stock was almost gone.

So yeah, like the others have mentioned, it's hard to predict, but if it is something you need 100% it's the safest bet to get ready for clickwar.

Those hoodies are super cute! I'm glad you managed to get what you wanted <3 And yeah I think that is good advice to go by, I do value my sleep but if there is something I simply cannot miss then I will go for the late night staying up to get it, no matter how much the site crashes 😆

Gallye

I've also noticed that new items from VolksJP have a better than average chance to show up on Mandarake a few days later, not even unwrapped yet. They usually say 'package damaged', but most of the time I can't see the damage at all, so it feels like Mandarake covering their bases more than anything else. I've always wondered if Volks doesn't weed out the 'damaged' packages and send them straight to Mandarake themselves.

If you miss out on something, it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on Mandarake's doll section for the next week or so.

• Thanks 3