The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

GothicSkies

Updates! And any extra advice is appreciated.

GothicSkies

EYO, so here is some updates on my doll stuffies, so i discovered another doll, fully complete for only $170.. so now thats my goal.. due to her being on preorder, my idea is to finally start my art commissions up, Just gonna work on one last drawing before i do so, which actually will be posted to the site cause it is related to the doll i desire.

And hey, as a plus, if things go well.. what a beautiful way to finally be truly a part of this community than to get the doll on your own.

SO my goal is now set, a $170 doll, which is fully completed and possibly even includes a lil pillow.

Brand: Tinyfox.

A sacrifice in her height is a small price to pay for something like this finally coming true.

I only have one last thing to ask of yall...

Along side any extra advice to caring for a now Tinyfox doll, do you also have any good Eye putties or Doll stands to consider?

As i am unfamilar especially with the putties for the eyes, as to what is going to go fine and what will damage her.. thus, i am asking for a little more advice on this before i finally begin my journey.

Last note: The doll was from DollBjd.

Edited by GothicSkies
Final notes.

Tira

As far as eye putty goes, I usually just use white poster tack. You can usually find it in with crafting or office supplies. I've heard blue poster tack can sometimes stain. I haven't had it damage any dolls, but it might not be the most effective choice - it doesn't want to stick that well to vinyl.

Edited by Tira

Roserolls

Btw Tinyfox fullset dolls include eye putty! I think it's basically white poster tack iirc. You have to insert the eyes yourself, so they give you a couple little squares to use, just make sure you don't accidentally throw out the eyes and putty though! They're in a super small baggy and I think were attached to the sides of the box, so it's very easy to miss them.

As for how to care for them, one of the big things is to not use magic eraser sponges to remove dirt and stains! The magic erasers are recommended for most other dolls, but Tinyfox dolls are made of plastic and have an outside coating that gives them a soft, smooth texture. Someone in the Tinyfox thread tried to use a magic eraser to remove a stain on the body, but it ended up rubbing off the coating instead! The outside coating is a different color than the plastic underneath so it was pretty noticeable. I recommend buying one of the Tinyfox bodysuits to protect your doll from stains, and if it DOES get stained, then I recommend using Volks' Dream Rescue Cream instead. The cream is grainy, so you're just supposed to gently put a thin layer on, wait for a couple days, then gently remove with a soft paper towel or something non-abrasive and reapply again as necessary.

Also btw, I've noticed that Tinyfox's wigs tend to be slightly big for the dolls' heads, so you may want to also get a headcap to put under their wig to help keep it on.

Monty
3 hours ago, Roserolls said:

and if it DOES get stained, then I recommend using Volks' Dream Rescue Cream instead.

I could be wrong but I thought the general consensus was this couldn’t be used on Tinyfox either as it discolours the soft finish? I actually have no idea how stain treatment works on them at all if it does at all - so definitely keep away from dark colours if you can’t get a bodysuit. (That said, I’m living dangerously with my Nomi because his black shorts are white lined and they’ve survived the extremely hot 3 months he’s been here so far without staining him)

Roserolls
16 hours ago, Monty said:

I could be wrong but I thought the general consensus was this couldn’t be used on Tinyfox either as it discolours the soft finish? I actually have no idea how stain treatment works on them at all if it does at all - so definitely keep away from dark colours if you can’t get a bodysuit. (That said, I’m living dangerously with my Nomi because his black shorts are white lined and they’ve survived the extremely hot 3 months he’s been here so far without staining him)

I've used the Dream rescue on my Tinyfox's hands and arm before and I didn't see any discoloration, maybe it has to do with how long it's left on for though? The stains were faded enough for me in like 2 applications, so maybe it gets discolored if more is needed? Good to know that this could be an issue though.

• Like 1

Monty
39 minutes ago, Roserolls said:

I've used the Dream rescue on my Tinyfox's hands and arm before and I didn't see any discoloration, maybe it has to do with how long it's left on for though? The stains were faded enough for me in like 2 applications, so maybe it gets discolored if more is needed? Good to know that this could be an issue though.

I went to look for the posts that mention it - this one that mentions disclouration only mentioned using benzoyl and not specifically Dream Rescue so maybe it’s much more diluted in Dream Rescue…?  Or it works better for small stains maybe? I remember seeing an actual photo of discolouration posted somewhere but I forget where (it might have even been on discord if it wasn’t here). It’s encouraging to know that Dream Rescue works for smaller stains, but those photos scared me enough to be wary lol.

I did also see posts about how the Macoco girls don’t have the coating at all that surprised me, I’m not sure about the other newer 1/4s. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

I did also hear that if a tinyfox is stained the stain is there to stay, no way to rescue it.

Good to hear that smaller stains seem to be salvageable, but yeah, as mentioned before, I also would be very careful about discoloration and damage to the coating.

Amapola

Discoloration looks like a yellow bruise on the spot the benzoyl touched. the stain did get removed though, but now my lilith's legs looks like they are covered in yellow bruises. I've also checked Chinese social media and the general consensus says it's not possible to remove it and just tell you to buy a new body. If you're really wary of stains, a stainsuit often isn't enough if you leave them in a fullset with lots of black clothes 24/7 over a long period of time, and properly layered white washi tape with stainsuit seems to be mostly working, although be careful on how the tape is layered. I've also read that the coating degrades over time and there's some reports on the coating of older dolls already starting to degrade, although I don't see much of this.

if it's any consolation, once the body is stained you'll stop worrying too much about it. Tinyfox heads also hybrid well with a lot of other 1/6 bodies and there's more and more affordable bodies available, although they're strung. Tinyfox dolls also don't really need stands since they hold their poses well and as long as they're on a flat stable surface, they won't fall. My Cherry and Ashley are in heels and they're able to stand by themselves with no issues.

Edited by Amapola
  • Like 2

GothicSkies

Welp, thank goodness the outfit for my lil gal is light in color (Primarily purple and pastel purples with few dark colors which is mostly on the bows which are placed on the clothes, aaaand a dark purple strap around her dress.. which is over her white dress sooo.. phew.

I will try to find a body suit for her to be safe tho. XP

GothicSkies
On 12/6/2023 at 11:09 PM, Roserolls said:

Btw Tinyfox fullset dolls include eye putty! I think it's basically white poster tack iirc. You have to insert the eyes yourself, so they give you a couple little squares to use, just make sure you don't accidentally throw out the eyes and putty though! They're in a super small baggy and I think were attached to the sides of the box, so it's very easy to miss them.

As for how to care for them, one of the big things is to not use magic eraser sponges to remove dirt and stains! The magic erasers are recommended for most other dolls, but Tinyfox dolls are made of plastic and have an outside coating that gives them a soft, smooth texture. Someone in the Tinyfox thread tried to use a magic eraser to remove a stain on the body, but it ended up rubbing off the coating instead! The outside coating is a different color than the plastic underneath so it was pretty noticeable. I recommend buying one of the Tinyfox bodysuits to protect your doll from stains, and if it DOES get stained, then I recommend using Volks' Dream Rescue Cream instead. The cream is grainy, so you're just supposed to gently put a thin layer on, wait for a couple days, then gently remove with a soft paper towel or something non-abrasive and reapply again as necessary.

Also btw, I've noticed that Tinyfox's wigs tend to be slightly big for the dolls' heads, so you may want to also get a headcap to put under their wig to help keep it on.

OOP. Thanks for the info, i'll try to make sure i find the eyes and putty lol.

But regardless, thats one off the list, buut two more on the list XPPP