Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cinnabunroll

Mods for DDb

cinnabunroll

Hi all! I know I don't post or comment on here very often, but hopefully this doll project will change that? I'm gonna try my hand at shelling a character I really like in DDb form; but I have an issue, because the character has 4 arms.

I have a rough idea of how I want to do this, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm not confident. My initial idea was to take an extra set of arms and (carefully) cut arm holes out of his waist area, then mod the arm pegs so that I could drill some of those little o-ring screws (I guess they're called Screw Eyes?) into them and use some elastic to hold them in place. After thinking about that for a bit, though, I realized that there might not be enough room in the abdominal area of these dolls for that (though maybe I could cut the pegs down a few mm). So my next best idea is to 3d print something for them to sit in, like the shoulder sockets they come with, but a cylinder. The problem with *that* is that I don't know how 3d printing works. I mean, I have access to a 3d pinter at my local library (woo), but again, I have no idea how it works or how to design stuff to print out... so I'd need to commission someone to make me that cylinder thing, then send me the file to print.

I might end up making a new topic post when he arrives, at which point I'll also tell everyone which character I'm making. I'm not keeping his identity secret out of shame or anything, I just don't want to jinx myself and end up being unable to do this project by telling everyone my exact plans. The only reason I'm making *this* topic post is because I was hoping to hear some ideas, or potentially cast a net and find someone who is good at 3d print/design so I can shove money at them and beg for help lol

Anyway, have a lovely day!

ragnamuffin

Have you considered a resin body? @MagicalRozen did something like this for one of her dolls and had a resin body with four arms made. It was up for sale at one point, but I don’t know if it’s still available. She might be able to chime in about the process.

cinnabunroll
29 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Have you considered a resin body? @MagicalRozen did something like this for one of her dolls and had a resin body with four arms made. It was up for sale at one point, but I don’t know if it’s still available. She might be able to chime in about the process.

Tbh I really would prefer a DDb. I like vinyl a lot more than resin