Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DesertPhantom51

After months and months, my custom Rapunzel is finally here!

Recommended Posts

DesertPhantom51

She's been a long time coming!  I knew as soon as I had completed Merida that this was an eventuality.  So I started planning, and lurking, and getting things in position.  

As it always is, it was well worth all the waiting now that I have her all together and here! 

637201669_DSC_0291shopeditsmall.jpg.1ba0c241711f6070ec8d374ebc2e5632.jpg

82828673_DSC_0318editsmall.jpg.125e5ad7c1baebbb9b8dae9e8a182c3a.jpg

I'm so happy that I was able to find the official dress for her, I thought the SDGr was just precious, but knew she'd be out of my price range unless a re-release happened.  Unwilling to wait and hope for that, I charged ahead with my own custom.  I think she turned out just amazing (I'm biased, I know) and I'm so excited to have my two favorite princesses together!  
My two favorite princesses, with the most maintenance heavy hair possible... I have a new appreciation for how hard it must have been for her to care for all that hair...  so much brushing....

872391590_DSC_0331editsmall.jpg.0a80150019bdda13604c801bc3038627.jpg

Worth it though!

 

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasuke
Posted (edited)

Tell Me About It!!! My Now-Defunct AZONE Iris Collect Milene "Mellow Chirp" Came to Me Second-Hand,

with her own Long Flaxen Locks so Horribly Tangled that it took Hours of Cumulative Brushing

to Restore any of it's Proper Golden Sheen...

 

a3926506-5701-4a32-b424-753490517f9b.png

 

Edited by Tasuke

 

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51
Posted (edited)

Yeah, the fact that Punzie's hair is so long it has to rest on the floor makes it even harder (and more worrisome for dust!).  I have an alternative wig that she's going to live out of most of the time while this one is kept in storage, but I wanted to introduce her complete as intended first! 

Edited by DesertPhantom51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime

She's very well done. I have that super long wig for Arcueid, and it doesn't have dust problems. It's wavy so it's hard to keep neat.  


“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction.

I have so many dolls that they have formed their own country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51

The dust is a location problem more than anything, it's something I already battle with all my girls.  There's just something about San Diego, we get dust like nobody's business.  It doesn't help that I don't have central air in my place, so I have to have fans on.  The four feet of hair on Rapunzel though is also a static magnet.  I'm going to have to do some trial and error with handling it. Thank god for cosplayers YouTube with all kinds of wig care tips and tricks! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tierparkzone

Congrats! She's really cute. - Love the freckles.

26 minutes ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

The four feet of hair on Rapunzel though is also a static magnet.

I found that wig oil is usually the best way to deal with static hair. Typically, I use the one from Azone, but whatever equivalent you can get your hands on locally should probably do the trick as well. - Be that Volks brand or indeed some cosplay wig product.

And 4ft is insane! I hope, we'll eventually see photos of her having it hang out of a tower window.   😆 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51

I have the 'treatment spray' from Volks, and I used it on the wig which helped a bit.  I don't know if the previous owner did the same though, so I may have to do a wig wash and start from base.  

As for it hanging out of a tower?  I can't even begin to imagine the crafting nonsense that I would have to do to pull that off! 😄 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GirlWiththeDragoonTattoo

You can try smoothing a dryer sheet over the hair if you have any. It sometimes helps with static and shouldn't leave residue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51

I've seen that idea floating around, the problem is I don't use them normally so I'd have to buy them just to try it.  Maybe the next time I'm at a laundromat I can get a small trial pack or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.