Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Aichan

Help needed

Aichan

My DD is second hand. So I started to sew for my DD2 ( she has the plastic skeleton inside) so I think she is the DD2.

And I noticed that one of her legs were was shorter then the other. It was bothering me so I took her apart and well inside she does not seem quite right.

I need to take off the thigh sheaths I think. Her center 'spinal cord' is down waaaay low compared to others I have seen. so much that I cannot even put it back to the original top torso connecting piece.

Pics:( may not be work safe)

Spine is coming from hip socket looks like not 'center' of 'pelvic bone'

http://astridyrigollen.com/a/dollfiedream/april028.jpg

http://astridyrigollen.com/a/dollfiedream/april027.jpg

Spine does not come up from bottom half like I have seen others

http://astridyrigollen.com/a/dollfiedream/april026.jpg

My Skeleton looks like its missing some 'links'

I dont know what skeleton I have but its is NOT this one (scroll down to the bottom to see the skeleton)

http://www.volks.co.jp/en/dollfiedre.../index_02.aspx

I posted on DOA but I was refered to another forum.

Thank you

Halcyon

Please check this thread - .

The previous thread doesn't contain an answer, but it does contain suggestions and things to think about.

Check to see if it's an alignment issue. If it's just an alignment issue, then you'd have to "realign" the skeleton so it'd fit into the waist. I had a similar issue with my Euphie's bust, one arm looked longer than the other. I simply and gently pulled out Euphie's arms and bust out. And then I tilt Euphie's vinyl ribcage so that it'd line up with the arm joints. After that, I pushed on both sides of the ribcage where the joints are, and the skeleton joints snapped into place with the arm openings (after the third try).

Hope it helps.

-Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

mitsuki

I don't know if this will help to see if you are missing any links:

4981813306_01122d40c4.jpg

4981813328_4ee4bbf11a.jpg

I think you are right about the spine coming up out from the bottom half. The round peg-looking part is high up on the chain of links:

5107740593_acd31dfeb8.jpg

The whole thing might be intact but tilted and squished into the leg instead of upright. Can you wiggle it upwards maybe?

Edited by Guest

Aichan

Thank you thank you so much for posting these pics. They are a HUGE help.

I think it may be squished to the side but I was afraid to break it. My other thought was maybe I bought a broken doll ( the neck peice had been broken but I was sent a new replacement from a nice person who I still think to thank by making a outift for his DD!)

I was going to attempt to take of the thigh vinyl sheaths then the torse sheath so I could get a better look at it but I am kind of nervous.

mitsuki

It would help to see inside better, so you could just remove the whole leg from the pelvis joint. It is hard to get the legs off from the pelvis though. It helps to warm the parts with a blow dryer. The thigh has two interlocking pieces that come together but it is hard to line them up when the outer thigh vinyl is there. It is possibly easier to detach the whole leg instead of trying to get just the thigh vinyl part off.

Halcyon

Well, you will have to do what you have to do. And, don't be afraid of breaking the skeleton. Look at the pictures posted above, even parts of the skeleton can be detached from each other. I'm sure you'd handle it with care. So, give it a go at the thigh vinyl sheaths. Maybe the joints are just squished to the side a little bit, making one of the leg longer than the other.

Update

*With regard - Mitsuki: Detach legs first.

Aichan

I just spent the last 45 minitues with the blow dryer and a spoon trying to ease the thigh sheath off to no avail.

If I went the route of the detaching the whole leg would I unscrew that small screw at the base of the pelvis? I am trying to take off the "good 'leg first.

Mind you the problem leg is so jammed up in the pelvis joint I cant even begin to think of pulling it out, when I do pull it out a little the spine peice hits the inside , side of the torso!

mitsuki
I just spent the last 45 minitues with the blow dryer and a spoon trying to ease the thigh sheath off to no avail.

If I went the route of the detaching the whole leg would I unscrew that small screw at the base of the pelvis? I am trying to take off the "good 'leg first.

Mind you the problem leg is so jammed up in the pelvis joint I cant even begin to think of pulling it out, when I do pull it out a little the spine peice hits the inside , side of the torso!

Aichan, would you consider shipping me the lower part of the body. I can try to re-align it. If I can't find a fast way to fix it, I have another spare body that I can exchange the lower part with. Email me at mitsuki.zakuro@gmail.com if you would like to try my crazy plan.

Halcyon

Aichan, would you consider shipping me the lower part of the body. I can try to re-align it. If I can't find a fast way to fix it, I have another spare body that I can exchange the lower part with. Email me at mitsuki.zakuro@gmail.com if you would like to try my crazy plan.

Aichan,

If you ever decide on Mitsuki's "crazy plan," then I would like to offer my assistance. I can't do much, but I can cover for the shipping fees for a round trip via USPS Priority Mail. Please send me the email address that you used for PayPal to < >.

Edited by Guest

mitsuki
Aichan,

If you ever decide on Mitsuki's "crazy plan," then I would like to offer my assistance. I can't do much, but I can cover for the shipping fees for a round trip via USPS Priority Mail. Please send me the email address that you used for PayPal to .

-Halcyon

That's so nice of you, Halcyon!

Halcyon
Aichan,

If you ever decide on Mitsuki's "crazy plan," then I would like to offer my assistance. I can't do much, but I can cover for the shipping fees for a round trip via USPS Priority Mail. Please send me the email address that you used for PayPal to .

-Halcyon

That's so nice of you, Halcyon!

No problem. We have to help each other out in times like this. Once Aichan decided to go with your plan, please send me the email address you used for PayPal too, Mitsuki.

Aichan

Mitsuki, Halycon,

that is to nice of both of you. I would be indebited to both of you so that would chalk up to two more DD oufits I would have to make as thank you's lol.

My husband had started to work on it a little for me before he left to work but wont be able to get to it until this weekend. He was going to to take one more crack at it ( hopefully not 'crack!')

I will keep you guys updated how that goes if not I may have to ship her to you.

mitsuki

I hope your husband can straighten her out. Otherwise, I would love to help. We all want to see your daughter intact and having fun. That is so nice of you to think of making us DD outfits. It is totally not necessary but would be great. Good luck with everything and let us know if you need anything like spare parts.

Aichan

No problem I love sewing and have been neglecting it lately so I want to start doing it again.

Yes I will let you all know how it goes . If we are not out of town this weekend for lame stuff hopefully he can fix it!

Halcyon

That's very nice of you, Aichan. But, you don't need to sew an outfit for me. Just the thought is nice enough.

When your hubby is fixing your DD, keep the pictures that Mitsuki posted handy. I think they would serve his understanding of the inside structure quite well.

wgn_white

So how to fix it?

I have the same problem... but with *NEW BODY*... T_T

*NEW*

and just like Aichan I can't detached the legs from the body to see if anything wrong with the inner frame.

Was it the inner frame fault at your case Aichan?

mitsuki

I had a new body that had one leg that appeared shorter. I wiggled her around and pulled on her legs and upper body at the same time to try to straighten her out. Aichan's situation looks extreme, so I am not sure if just pulling would realign her. The skeleton looks likes it is very contorted in her case. I also saw a post on figure.fm about the same situation. I can try to find it and see what the suggestions everyone came up with.

mitsuki

The post I was thinking of was about a leg being longer because one was more pulled out than the other.

wgn_white
The post I was thinking of was about a leg being longer because one was more pulled out than the other.

My case not only the other leg is shorter by 2~3mm, when you bend the knee by 90 degree, and let the body lie on the table, that feet does not stood straight like a 90 degree pole, if you understand what I'm trying to say...

wgn_white

That was bad... but not my case.

The ankle are just fine.

It's the knee... btw I manage to take apart the leg from the body.

Now how do I take off the thigh skin from the leg internal skeleton?

wgn_white
Piece 13 and 14 separate so you can wiggle the pieces out of the outer vinyl skin. It is hard to get them out though. You need to warm the vinyl enough.

4981813328_4ee4bbf11a.jpg

Here are some more pictures:

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_mant.htm

I don't know what the text says though.

Ah, just as what I guess.

But how you done yours?

Dunk in boiling water? I don't think hair dryer air come to that place...

mitsuki

I tried to use the blow dryer at first, but hot water and gloves worked better. I am afraid to use boiling water. I don't want to burn myself either. I think there are probably stronger heat guns than blow dryers out there.

wgn_white
I tried to use the blow dryer at first, but hot water and gloves worked better. I am afraid to use boiling water. I don't want to burn myself either. I think there are probably stronger heat guns than blow dryers out there.

I did it!

Thanks for the tips...