Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Aichan

Help needed

MaxArcher

There are definitely heat guns that are much more powerful than a hair dryer, but I wouldn't get them anywhere near a DD. We have one that's an entry-level model that we use for bending sheet plastic, and even that has heat settings of 1200 and 1700 degrees, as I recall. It'd probably permanently ruin a DD in seconds. I'd see how the vinyl reacts to the heat if I had some already damaged spare parts, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it caught on fire.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

baldylox
There are definitely heat guns that are much more powerful than a hair dryer, but I wouldn't get them anywhere near a DD. We have one that's an entry-level model that we use for bending sheet plastic, and even that has heat settings of 1200 and 1700 degrees, as I recall. It'd probably permanently ruin a DD in seconds. I'd see how the vinyl reacts to the heat if I had some already damaged spare parts, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it caught on fire.

As long as your gun is adjustable or has a lower power output, you shouldn't have an issue. Like you said tho, some bigg ones would flambe' a DD quickly.

I have a Black and Decker heat gun that goes up to 1200 degrees but is adjustable down to what most hair dryers do on low. I used it to loosen the elbow areas on my girls to access the "hidden" elbow joints. Since I shave my head, I have no use for a hair dryer so I had to use Heatgun-sama to help me out. He worked wonders and no damage at all was done to any of my girls. But I was also extremely careful with it and kept it at a good distance from the vinyl.

Having said that, if you were to try and use a heatgun on a higher setting, then yes, all sorts of horrible things would happen to your girl. Using one on lower settings and at a distance should be good to loosen the vinyl on the legs and arms to take them off the skeleton. But as far as using one to loosen the harder plastic that makes up the skeleton, I have no idea how good of an idea that might be. I would try the hot water bit before I tried a heatgun for that.

Just my two cents.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Aichan

okay I am back with update:

I didnt do anything with my poor girl yet. Husband got sick with flu then I got sick with flu then we had to travel out of town for 4 days for his job.

I had been thinking of using hot water myself to losen it up but I will do something with her this week.

(we are in the midst of moving and my husband is not home during the week he only comes home on weekends so it makes it hard for him to help me) but its a nice project for me.

I am glad other gal was able to fix her DD. I am still feeling a little weak and blah from flu but I am looking forward to fixing her since I want to sew for her and order that head.

wgn_white

I didnt do anything with my poor girl yet. Husband got sick with flu then I got sick with flu then we had to travel out of town for 4 days for his job.

I had been thinking of using hot water myself to losen it up but I will do something with her this week.

(we are in the midst of moving and my husband is not home during the week he only comes home on weekends so it makes it hard for him to help me) but its a nice project for me.

I am glad other gal was able to fix her DD. I am still feeling a little weak and blah from flu but I am looking forward to fixing her since I want to sew for her and order that head.

I just use hair dryer.

On the slowest fan mode, I place the DD to spread her leg on a table covered by a white clothes then align the hair dryer pointing to the DD.

I let it for something around 10 ~ 15 minutes... I didn't hold the hair dryer... I go make some coffee and something else.

Then I go back, to it.

Switch off the hair dryer, use the clothes to hold the DD, it's hot! As hot as fresh hard boiled egg.

Not so dangerous but you know how it feel.

Then holding the "ball" part of the leg, I lay it on my chest, and pull the other leg away from me.

I failed the first try, then I heat them again for about 15 minutes, after that it pull apart quite easy.

Nothing break.

MaxArcher

As long as your gun is adjustable or has a lower power output, you shouldn't have an issue. Like you said tho, some bigg ones would flambe' a DD quickly.

I have a Black and Decker heat gun that goes up to 1200 degrees but is adjustable down to what most hair dryers do on low. I used it to loosen the elbow areas on my girls to access the "hidden" elbow joints. Since I shave my head, I have no use for a hair dryer so I had to use Heatgun-sama to help me out. He worked wonders and no damage at all was done to any of my girls. But I was also extremely careful with it and kept it at a good distance from the vinyl.

Having said that, if you were to try and use a heatgun on a higher setting, then yes, all sorts of horrible things would happen to your girl. Using one on lower settings and at a distance should be good to loosen the vinyl on the legs and arms to take them off the skeleton. But as far as using one to loosen the harder plastic that makes up the skeleton, I have no idea how good of an idea that might be. I would try the hot water bit before I tried a heatgun for that.

Just my two cents.

Billy

It must be a much nicer model than mine, then. My Wagner just has a 3-way switch with Off/1100/1700, which is why I didn't realize they had more adjustable ones.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

PlasticFantastic

When vinyl gets hot it first starts to sweat, the sweat is oily and requires soap and water to wash off. Permanent deformation will happen if the heat is increased beyond sweating. After sweating the vinyl will actually swell, once this happens you've ruined the vinyl forever. ;_;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

mitsuki

That is awful that you both got so sick. I hope you feel back to normal quickly. Let us know how things go with your poor girl.

I am really glad wgn_white was able to fix his girl too. She even gained more flexibility.