Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

still_doll+vk

dollfie dream face-up?

still_doll+vk

okay, I'm so stupid when it comes to dollfie dream customization and paintings, people I have read about painting a DD head confuses me. Because some used acrylic painting that is not from volks, and a painting set that is from volks. well, I was lost in some tutorial though...I wanna paint my own DD head but I dunno where to start great help will be measured. Thanks guys!!

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

[*]Taiwan Hetalia dollfie

Nightmare Tea

First you need these items:

-Sealant, either Mr. Super Clear or ZM Finishing Powder Spray, this is used after you finish painting, to make sure that your work stays put, and it won't smudge; it's a thin layer of spray that dries to protect your face-up.

-Paint, you don't have to use the Volks paints, you can pretty much use any acrylic paints, as long as they aren't too cheap. Avoid paints with oil. (like oil paints)

-Paintbrushes, I would recommend getting 1 very thin tip paintbrush,and one that's a little less thin. Oh, and one large brush for applying the blush.

-Chalk/Soft Pastels; these are used for the blush/eyeshadow. Avoid pastels with oil.

I will explain the face-up process:

1) You buy the head you want.

2) When the head gets to your house, you wash it with soapy water, rinse it off, and towel-dry it.

3) (OPTIONAL BUT RECCOMENDED) Spray a layer of sealant. Be sure to let it dry.

4) Paint time! (eyelashes, lip colour, eyebrows)

5) (OPTIONAL BUT RECCOMENDED) If you like the work you did, spray another layer of sealant! Be sure to let it dry!

6) Blush time! (if you want a make-up heavy look, now is the time for that too)

7) Once you are done with the face-up, spray your final layer of sealant! Be sure to let it dry!

8) DONE!!

Also, be sure to read the guides to spraying the sealant. It's very important!

• Like 2

still_doll+vk
First you need these items:

-Sealant, either Mr. Super Clear or ZM Finishing Powder Spray, this is used after you finish painting, to make sure that your work stays put, and it won't smudge; it's a thin layer of spray that dries to protect your face-up.

-Paint, you don't have to use the Volks paints, you can pretty much use any acrylic paints, as long as they aren't too cheap. Avoid paints with oil. (like oil paints)

-Paintbrushes, I would recommend getting 1 very thin tip paintbrush,and one that's a little less thin. Oh, and one large brush for applying the blush.

-Chalk/Soft Pastels; these are used for the blush/eyeshadow. Avoid pastels with oil.

I will explain the face-up process:

1) You buy the head you want.

2) When the head gets to your house, you wash it with soapy water, rinse it off, and towel-dry it.

3) (OPTIONAL BUT RECCOMENDED) Spray a layer of sealant. Be sure to let it dry.

4) Paint time! (eyelashes, lip colour, eyebrows)

5) (OPTIONAL BUT RECCOMENDED) If you like the work you did, spray another layer of sealant! Be sure to let it dry!

6) Blush time! (if you want a make-up heavy look, now is the time for that too)

7) Once you are done with the face-up, spray your final layer of sealant! Be sure to let it dry!

8) DONE!!

Also, be sure to read the guides to spraying the sealant. It's very important!

should we get the paint with acrylic paints and how should I know if the pastel isn't oil?

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

Nightmare Tea

Yes, get acrylic paints, and for the pastels, it should say on the label if there is oil or not.

still_doll+vk
Yes, get acrylic paints, and for the pastels, it should say on the label if there is oil or not.

thanks, this will help love ya, *as a friend*

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

Nightmare Tea

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, with the pastels you will have to use a knife or some sandpaper to make the stick of chalk into a powder. And then you apply it with the brush!

still_doll+vk
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, with the pastels you will have to use a knife or some sandpaper to make the stick of chalk into a powder. And then you apply it with the brush!

ok!! wait, where can i get sandpaper? and how can a knife make the chalk/pastel into a powder?

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

Nightmare Tea

Sandpaper can be found at any hardware store, and it doesn't cost much at all.

With the knife, you just take the jagged end and scrape the chalk to get the powder.

still_doll+vk
Sandpaper can be found at any hardware store, and it doesn't cost much at all.

With the knife, you just take the jagged end and scrape the chalk to get the powder.

okay thanks this will help

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

Tieren

Something I was wondering after reading Volks' face-up tutorial: If you screw up or don't like the face-up you've done with acrylics, can you soap & water it back to your last sealant layer like you do cleaning up hands? Do you risk washing away sealant layers too?

Kumi

Acrylics once dried are not water soluble so it's not "soap & water"

You have to use thinner and there's always the risk to wash more than intended.

Error-Chan

I suggest that you don't do the faceup in one go. By that I mean take your time, give the sealant as long as you can to dry and do little by little.

I am at the moment working on my obitsu50-02 head and I started yesterday and did the first coat of MSC then gave it about half an hour to dry and then used magic eraser and a water colour pencil that was a brown to start her face-up then once I had finished I sealed that and let it dry.

Think of that stage as drawing a picture on pencil before you finish it with pen.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

JChiibs

I've heard mention that some pastels fade over time. Is there anything to do to prevent this? What kinds of pastels don't fade? I bought a box of some a few months back at one of our local craft stores and have been a bit hesitant to use them because of this concern. I'd say what brand they are, but I'm too exhausted to check. I've been wanting to use them for another project that would be very upsetting to me if they faded.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

NekoSan22

Do you recommend a place for buying sealant/sandpaper Nd other harder-to-find stuff?

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

The mother of one much-loved DD!<3

My doll blog is Neko's Dollies!

Sekitan no Hashira
Do you recommend a place for buying sealant/sandpaper Nd other harder-to-find stuff?

Sandpaper can be found at most hardware and craft stores. A few from my area are Michael's and Lowes. Many hobby stores sell MSC, and ZM Finishing Powder Spray can be found on Volks websites. I prefer to use the ZM spray as it gives a smooth, natural feeling texture to the vinyl and can hide some minor bumps in the paint. You can also buy sandpaper from Volks of you can't find it anywhere else.

Specializing in the art of being different, which is a polite way of saying "weird."

I do think I'm too young for this hobby…