Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mitsuki

Tokyo Dolpa 25

Dancing Queen

That Pink Knit Ruffle set is so cute, if we want these cut are stuck in the US do we have to resort to proxies and YAJ?

5629348191_a7863701cb_o.jpg

AXSig.png

My Site www.Howagirlfigures.com Please check it out for figure reviews, and more Yoko pictures!

scripple

There will be an after event on volks international where they'll be for sale, but you have to camp on their overloaded server and hope you can get what you want. Popular outfits sell out super quick. I generally find it impossible to get more than one popular item into the cart and checked out, but I think others have more luck.

Then a few months later VolksUSA will offer them for sale as well. Their servers don't tend to overload as much but you still have to be lightning quick, and even more annoying on VolkUSA is that just because you get it in your cart doesn't mean anything until you actually make it though all the address / payment checkout stuff.

Alphakitty
That Pink Knit Ruffle set is so cute, if we want these cut are stuck in the US do we have to resort to proxies and YAJ?

These will be in the Volks after-event, both on their international site shortly after Dolpa is over and on the US site several months later (probably when Aerie and Nellis are released). It's not that easy to get them in the international one though, I tried for the maid sets last time and they were gone in less than 15 seconds. Damn iPhone and its slow internet. ;~; So if you want to get one that way, be fast! There are also some sites that will put them up for a small fee, like Dollfie World. I actually just asked Natalie to get the outfits I want, since my luck with Volks is terrible and I do not want to wait 3 months for them! Dollfie World usually has extras that she puts online, you just have to snatch them up pretty fast!

So it's either get them at the event, have someone else get them at the event for you, pick them up at a store, go to Yahoo Japan, get them at the Volks international event or the US event. You have a lot of chances!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

baldylox
Then a few months later VolksUSA will offer them for sale as well. Their servers don't tend to overload as much but you still have to be lightning quick, and even more annoying on VolkUSA is that just because you get it in your cart doesn't mean anything until you actually make it though all the address / payment checkout stuff.

I've had extremely good luck getting things on Volks US sales. I was able to get multiple items the last two times.

But Scripple is 100% correct that even if you have something in your cart, it is NOT a guarantee that it's yours until you are done with the checkout process. I had my first try on something get yanked right out of my cart while I fumbled around with my credit card info. So yes, have everything ready beforehand and be fast with your typing!

Dancing Queen wrote:

Yup, either proxies, the aftermarket or...... a super nice friend who is attending said event and grabbed 2 outfits for you.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

Well, the lottery entries are live now! Good luck to all who enter! I put in for Airy, her cute face won me over!

SirNarwhal

Just saw that Dollfie World got 6 of Airy and 0 of Nellis. Looks like Nellis is in MUCH higher demand!

SirNarwhal

Andddddd just found out I got Airy! =D

SirNarwhal

Don't mean to spam this thread, but if anyone's looking for Airy, Natalie now has 8 actually (she somehow got more), so I'd suggest shooting her an e-mail to see if everyone who messaged before has been taken care of so that you can get one if there are extras. Since these are straight from the show, the price is much better than the aftermarket and even the after-events through her and you can also do layaway if need be.

Also of note on other items is that she has plenty of the Blue Checkerboard outfit and the MDD outfit, but none left of the headphones or the denim outfit.

Alphakitty
Don't mean to spam this thread, but if anyone's looking for Airy, Natalie now has 8 actually (she somehow got more), so I'd suggest shooting her an e-mail to see if everyone who messaged before has been taken care of so that you can get one if there are extras. Since these are straight from the show, the price is much better than the aftermarket and even the after-events through her and you can also do layaway if need be.

Also of note on other items is that she has plenty of the Blue Checkerboard outfit and the MDD outfit, but none left of the headphones or the denim outfit.

I wonder why Aerie is so much easier to get than Nellis? In any case you can get them both for retail on YJ... I thought for sure these gals would be a lot more expensive!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Averis
Just saw that Dollfie World got 6 of Airy and 0 of Nellis. Looks like Nellis is in MUCH higher demand!

Wow, those are some pretty bad odds if she couldn't even get one. So I suppose my chances are about 0. Ah well, least I tried.

Maridah

Wow I just entered for Nellis but hearing that makes me think I better not get my hopes up at all.

http://www.BJDAtelier.com/ Clothes for DD & BJDs

Halcyon

Wow I just entered for Nellis but hearing that makes me think I better not get my hopes up at all.

I agree with your train of thought; my chance at getting her is very low too. Well... I think most of us are in the same boat.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

PlasticFantastic

If only I had the spare case for Aerie! Maybe her low demand will make her easier to get later down the line ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Nakitaninja

Can't throw a virtual rock without hitting an Aerie on Y!Japan. Just for the record, I still think she's darling and her greater availability makes her no less FTW, in my opinion. I guess Neris was just WAY more popular in the first run sales numbers.

There's always next dollpa~

^^

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Alphakitty

I found a pic of Nellis with normal eyes, she looks much better! It's NSFW so I'll link instead of posting it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47653270@N08/5680430821/in/photostream

anamagica

That was a great photo! She is very, very sweet! Think it will be a good chice to change her eyes.

Maridah
I found a pic of Nellis with normal eyes, she looks much better! It's NSFW so I'll link instead of posting it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47653270@N08/5680430821/in/photostream

Looks nice, though I think she'd be even better with some of the round eyes in.

http://sea.ap.teacup.com/doll/732.html Has a comparison shot of Nellis and Yuki. I was hoping for something like that to crop up. Also, Nellis' eyes really don't look so strange in this person's photos. Kind of like them more here than in other photos. Gives some credence to the claim that they might be better in person than Volks' pictures

Alphakitty

You can definitely see the similarities between Yuki and Nellis there, though Nellis looks a lot more mature and her faceup is less pronounced. They eyes look better there for sure but I still don't like them. ^^;

Maridah
You can definitely see the similarities between Yuki and Nellis there, though Nellis looks a lot more mature and her faceup is less pronounced. They eyes look better there for sure but I still don't like them. ^^;

Yeah, the blogger even says something about her being a more mature version LOL

scripple

I like the face, but in the comparison photos the eyes really make Neris look like a corpse to me.

jadepixel

Oh wow, Nellis with animetic eyes is soooo cute! She really does look like a more mature version of Yuki, she has a more gentle expression and less chubby cheeks.

I'm looking forward to see some alternate looks for Aerie too, she really grew on me after seeing her in casual outfits on the DD blog.

Nakitaninja

The eyes do tend to look empty/fathomless - I think corpse sounded a little harsh but I totally get why you mention that- and I would (if I were entering for one of 'em) be tempted to change them? Being the sucker I am for collecting, I think in the long run her defaults look pretty darn good and probably just leave them in.

It remains a mystery though because they really don't look much like the artwork, do they? Artistic interpretation, I suppose. Perhaps Volks is pushing for a really different styling aesthetic so they wouldn't just be putting out a 'blue-eyed Yuki'. I'd like to point out at this moment that I wouldn't mind that at all! I suppose for the market they cater to, they need to push the envelope stylistically to make the sales... to make you feel like you are *really* getting a different doll & make characters unique... yadadadadadadad....

I knew this run would be more limited than usual. I am wishing all of lots of luck in getting your new daughters! I cannot wait for all the pics. ^^

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

SirNarwhal
The eyes do tend to look empty/fathomless - I think corpse sounded a little harsh but I totally get why you mention that- and I would (if I were entering for one of 'em) be tempted to change them? Being the sucker I am for collecting, I think in the long run her defaults look pretty darn good and probably just leave them in.

It remains a mystery though because they really don't look much like the artwork, do they? Artistic interpretation, I suppose. Perhaps Volks is pushing for a really different styling aesthetic so they wouldn't just be putting out a 'blue-eyed Yuki'. I'd like to point out at this moment that I wouldn't mind that at all! I suppose for the market they cater to, they need to push the envelope stylistically to make the sales... to make you feel like you are *really* getting a different doll & make characters unique... yadadadadadadad....

I knew this run would be more limited than usual. I am wishing all of lots of luck in getting your new daughters! I cannot wait for all the pics. ^^

On the artwork comment, no they really look nothing like Tony Taka's artwork at all. Now that I know that both of these gals are headed my way, I'll be replacing their eyes with the Volks Animetic F type in blue and grey most likely. I'm still confused by Nellis' blue eyes; in the art they're practically grey with just a hint of blue, hence why I'd go for the grey. But yeah, Volks REALLY took some liberties on their eyes. That and their busts, but that's another issue entirely.

Alphakitty

On the artwork comment, no they really look nothing like Tony Taka's artwork at all. Now that I know that both of these gals are headed my way, I'll be replacing their eyes with the Volks Animetic F type in blue and grey most likely. I'm still confused by Nellis' blue eyes; in the art they're practically grey with just a hint of blue, hence why I'd go for the grey. But yeah, Volks REALLY took some liberties on their eyes. That and their busts, but that's another issue entirely.

You seem to have forgotten the custom eyes we got for Aerie on YJ! We got a pair of very vivid ones to match with the original ones she is shown with.

This is the set:

hatomugigenmaisougenpichaumai-img600x400-1303704834sw93wf86139.jpg

and what they look like in:

hatomugigenmaisougenpichaumai-img400x600-130370485481wuoh86139.jpg

I think they will work well on her!