Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mitsuki Adored

Tan DD?

Mitsuki Adored

Not sure if there was a topic for this, if so, please move it somewhere else MODS ^_^.

Hello everyone~ I was curious if there is a tan dollfie dream small bust out there. My friend on twitter kinda recommended me to DD Kanu but she is DDdy bust when I need a small bust ^^;;;. I was curious if any one has ideas on what I should do . I want her to be 60cm+ to fit with all the rest of my girls. My friend recommended me to the VMF50 tan girl but she is sadly 50cm and I don't want my newest girl to be picked on since she is naturally gonna be a bit fiesty X'D! (I can hear my Miku calling her "chihuahua" now >_>;;..)

So any help or ideas will be great! I was also told about DD Sanjie! But she is so extremely extremely rare plus I believe she is M bust. So any ideas will be much appreciated! ^_^ Thank you~~

Galvatim

Sorry to say, there isn't a tan skinned S-bust part. Kanu and Sanjie are the only tan skinned DDs out there. I really wish Volks would release more "Sun-Touched" skin DDs, as they call it. Especially option parts! Maybe we need to start a petition?

DJStarstryker

Feels like they should. I mean, the white skin DDs are pretty popular, so I'm sure the tan ones would have plenty of interest.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Mitsuki Adored

Interesting. A petition hmm? We will have to see. I have been tempted to getting a body and just airbrushing it light tan but poor altune-kun was having problems with his mocha colored girl for the joints chip all the time so now I am at a bit of a lost on what I should do T_T. Decided to ask on here and see what kind of ideas others might have

Alphakitty

I know Hikaru did a custom for Mitsuki with tan skin, so maybe you could get a bust customized to match the tan body?

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Kumi

There are some successes in tanning a whole DD but unfortunately not much info how to do it for good.

1231307902123_r.jpg

Custom Nadia, source from Japanese doll image board.

But the only info I have is that the owner used V-color.

Edited by Guest

Amber

I wish they would release the tanner bodies with option heads and hands, even if it were for a limited time. I'd like to have at least one girl with a bit darker skin tone. But I don't really see that happening at the moment. xD It seems they can hardly keep up with the bodies for the normal skin tone.

shinegamix

nadia droool

making my triumphant return

milkytea

I think that doll companies in general are more hesitant to release tan-skinned dolls because generally red pigment (a key component in the tan colour) is somewhat unstable, and discoloration, fading, and other colour issues are much more visible on darker skin. I hope you can find or create what you're looking for, though!!

Mitsuki Adored

That custom Nadia certainly is the perfect color I am going for! O_O and wow V-color huh? I looked it up (or tried to) and got very confused seeing a lot of technology stuff XD I wonder what it is... o.o

imistergore

If they do it will mostly to be into server years later. Honestly since they already have problems with restocking normal/white skin. I don't believe a new skin type will come out anytime soon.

Kumi
V-color huh? I looked it up (or tried to) and got very confused seeing a lot of technology stuff XD I wonder what it is... o.o

It's afair some Japanese paint for soft vinyl, probably from Irisawa company. But I don't have much info either.

http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29316&start=25

They say, that Mr.Color pains are a quite good replacement.

Poofiemus

Yeah, there are some (very few) spray paints that you can use. In the US you apparently have the easiest time finding them in automotive stores/sections. You have to make sure that they explicitly say on the label they're safe or intended for vinyl though, so definitely read the fine print very carefully, and maybe test on a spare hand by itself before committing to coloring your whole DD. If it's not safe for vinyl, it won't cure and stay a sticky mess indefinitely. >.<

There are some people on Den of Angels who have used paints and/or dyes to tint Dollfie Dreams, though not necessarily tan.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?10844-Painting-a-Dollfie-Dream-body-tutorial-(UPDATED) (uses airbrush V-color)

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?413279-Welcome-to-my-Laboratory-Two-(experimental)-ways-to-dye-a-Dollfie-Dream!&highlight=tan+Dollfie+dream (uses VHT Vinyl Dye spray paint and an experimental RIT dye method)

As for why Volks hasn't done standard tan DDs, I can't say for certain, but vinyl doesn't yellow nearly as easily as resin, so breakdown of the red dye is probably a minor factor at best. However, as I recall the closest they come to doing tan resin on a standard basis is through the made-to-order Full Choice System, and I've heard that at least in Japan the tan limited resins don't sell nearly as well as white or normal skin. And of course, we all know what Volks' attitude toward any market other than Japan is: "*sticks fingers in ears* La la la we can't hear you la la la!"

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

waha

The how's and why's of Volks International is... yeah, anybodies guess.

Take the white skin MDDs. There are what, 2 character dolls (Al-Azif and Ethel), but they never released any option hands for them so you're stuck using the default ones, or stick them on NS bodies. Just doesn't make any sense. :/

kymaera

With painting/dyeing, the joints become an issue. First is that you have to avoid caking up the joints and making them hard to move. The second is that the joints are different material than the bust, thighs, etc. and take the dye/paint differently, so getting a consistent tone may be difficult.

The vmf50s are slightly shorter than the DDs, but not that bad.

For example, here's mine with Poofie's Agatha:

rr39.jpg

or with several others:

size_matters.jpg

From left to right, M (DDII), Saber (DDS), Rinrin (VMF50) and Yuki (Feeple65).

hihihellokitty

Arg I want tan DD as well!

The want is quite recent though haha, since I want to make avatar Korra ^^

The custom tan girl in the photo looks great! Too bad there is not much info ><

And the paint jobs on DoA look pretty promising... except for the joints @_@

Hopefully Volks will one day make tan DD, or a good tutorial by a good customizer will pop up ^_^/

DJStarstryker
The how's and why's of Volks International is... yeah, anybodies guess.

Take the white skin MDDs. There are what, 2 character dolls (Al-Azif and Ethel), but they never released any option hands for them so you're stuck using the default ones, or stick them on NS bodies. Just doesn't make any sense. :/

That's a great point. Must be annoying for those people who have Kanu and are stuck with her default hands. Option hands are pretty useful.

Pihlajakoto

I would love to get a tan DD. That Nadia is just awesome

My blog Pihlajakoto

Gunter
I would love to get a tan DD. That Nadia is just awesome

Basically what I was going to say! XD

I sometimes wish there was a FCS for DD. We could have tan skin in there just like Sunlight Skin is available for their SD/MSD FCS... Oh well. *Shrugs*

Ara

The Nadia is really breathtaking and it's a shame that Volks only made so few DDs in tan.

I love it when a wide range of skin colors is available, and a pretty tan can be customized so great

And oh, a FCS with DDs would be AWESOME.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Mitsuki Adored

Wow thank you guys for your amazing photos! Oh wow thank you for sharing your Vmf50 Kymaera! I was considering a vmf50 myself but found them short(50cm). I sadly want my tan girl to be the same size, if not, slightly even taller than my girls! T_T Not shorter! Though she is very gorgeous! I will try to see what I can do ^_^! Thank you for everything everyone!

Misheru

Yamato does a great job with tan for Obitsu, so the color mix cannot be terribly difficult and that VMF50 is quite popular.

I would love to have a tan DD. I would be happy with Kanu myself. She is just not easy to come by.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Semienigma

Ah If I could find a tan DD or just tan one myself that would be so cool. But I know the joints are a bit of a pain. I would like to try though. It just need to figure out which DD I would like to get.

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

DJStarstryker

I had this dream last night about Volks making a tan Alna and a tan Akira. I have no idea why I was dreaming about this.