Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mitsuki Adored

Tan DD?

Semienigma

Well I have decided I'm going to try some experiments. I'm going to try the RIT dye method on some hands to see how they turn out. I am determined to have a tan DD! I will consider this an investment!

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

Sailorcosmos

A tan Alna? Yes please!

misskale
I had this dream last night about Volks making a tan Alna and a tan Akira. I have no idea why I was dreaming about this.

I still think a tan Akira would possibly look a little too Jersey Shore with her mouth.

RaveOfNightmares
A tan Alna? Yes please!

Agreed! A tan Alna to go with my NS and WS Alna girls as a triplet? YES PLEASE!

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Error-Chan

Two of my dolls are supposed to be tanned but Obitsu 50cm and DD are not turned =/ (The obitsu from what I know of I can only get a tan from vmf50 but I don't have that sort of money unless someone wanted to trade my 50cm with 50-01 head for one XD)

just wanted to reff one of my characters here:

The Green haired one is Error and the gray haired one is Izzy..(P.s Just ignore my tribal base work XD)

error_and_izzy_by_ladywolf2000-d5b4bdz.png

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

MarietteMacaron
A tan Alna? Yes please!

I always thought it be cute if they did summer versions of the volks character girls (moe/natsuki, alna, akira etc) tanned with swimsuits like from the beach .

Nelly19

Well I know for sure I wanted a colored girl and so far yes Dyeing is a lot of work and thought process, so far I am still choosing the parts to create her, for now am settling with the obistu 50cm chest skeleton, large bust and arms on a modified dollfie dream sister abdomen and spine, then I will just make the lower half and head dollfie dream sister because I like the proportion compared to obitsu, truth be told am more or less trying to see if am obistu skeleton can be modified and placed in a dds, so far the obitsu is just too petite to support the sheer girth of the dds hence why the lower torso is dds. Unless I try cutting to Re- size the thighs....but that's for when am tinkering.

I am dying my girl cocoa brown ^.^ so far I have tested a pair of the obi hands and they are perfect to me and in a pic very dark compared to the original white skin. As for joints, I have gotten one arm peg on a test run stained tan. So it kinda is possible to color them, getting an exact match will be a daunting task, however I just don't want them white, so I will be satisfied very quickly

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

RaveOfNightmares
A tan Alna? Yes please!

I always thought it be cute if they did summer versions of the volks character girls (moe/natsuki, alna, akira etc) tanned with swimsuits like from the beach .

THIS! Do this please, Volks! *throws money at computer monitor*

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Yukamina

I am dying my girl cocoa brown ^.^ so far I have tested a pair of the obi hands and they are perfect to me and in a pic very dark compared to the original white skin. As for joints, I have gotten one arm peg on a test run stained tan. So it kinda is possible to color them, getting an exact match will be a daunting task, however I just don't want them white, so I will be satisfied very quickly

I'd love to see some progress pics!

Tan DDs would be so awesome. I'd like if they came darker than Kanu, though.

Pumpkins

I would crazy love to have a dark skinned DD! I'm with Yuka about pics!

We saw the world as children

The field filled with light

When did we stop believing

The things before our sight?

leitan

Tan DD = all of my money.

yes, i know about the existence of Kan'u too... she's tempted me many times.

to the person thinking of dying their DD, please show us progress pics if you can! or tell us the results and method.

Nelly19

Sigh it's going to be a wait for me, this parts shortage is a KILLER. I still need legs and feet

Fujico

I would kill for a dark skin DD!

Though, I would really love if it was darker than Kan'u. Kan'u's skintone is darker than the NS, but I would still love a skin tone that was a darker brown.

And oh gosh, if it was a basic, then that would be even better!

At Home Saber Alter v.2, M.O.M.O.

Shaipnoy99
Sigh it's going to be a wait for me, this parts shortage is a KILLER. I still need legs and feet

Darn- I was curious as to the progress as well. Any clue as to how much longer the parts shortage will be?

Nelly19

No my girl has been put into storage for the mean time. So I spent time researching how to dye hard plastics, and I found a way, and did a few tests, I even did a tests on some dollfie and obitsu pieces to see how well the color takes up in the different vinyls. I put the obitsu up right away after it was dyed but hung the dollfie out for a dew days. It seems you need to let the vinyl cure and fully dry, the skin tone is still the same and hasn't faded since day one and that was well over 2 months ago I died the piece, can't say that for the obi, it has light spots where the box leeched out the color in the vinyl before it was cured. As for the hard vinyl I tested that as well and it works, it's permanently colored. Another member expressed interest in dyeing a girl so I told them what I found so they can test and perfect a bit more before its safe for the girls parts. So I haven't been totally held up in this process. And if your wondering what helped this dyeingof hard plastic parts, its acetone, I had to look outside the world of dollfie for the answer, people dye other hard toys including yo yos with the same method, am still working on measurements. My first test, the acetone stripped down the colors till only a dark red was pigmented enough and stained the plastics. So some work with color matching needs to be done. i am gonna have to buy more rite products and see if powdered dye (which will need to be fully dissolved before dipping trust me i learnt the hard way) or liquid which wont have the speckling problem is better. But I ran out of stuff to test and soon will be bugging parabox for more sacrafi~er test pieces. I will repeat. unless you have alot of old and unwanted parts DO NOT RUN TO TRY YOUR WANTED GIRL WITH THIS. It's progress but still flawed. I just didnt like people saying it was impossible, I mean it's plastic, not an immortal object.

EblKtty

So as me and Semienigma found out dying a DD is not hard...at all...

the whole thing with the joints not being able to be tanned is bs. In fact her skeleton dyes super fast and should be taken extra care with. No acetone needed. In fact I got a bit pissed because from what we researched it seemed that the skeleton was going to be the hard part and so we let it dunk in longer and after I checked in 10sec it was waaaay too dark.

In fact the hardest part of the dye job was taking her apart XD

Using simple RIT dye [powder only] and boiling water is all you need. Maybe some fishing string to hold your doll parts so you dont get streaks and dont need to fish them out the pot, leaving you to have darker parts then what you want.

Also as a note Boiling your DD does not make it shrink and does no damage do it from our experiment at least. Each piece of her skeleton spent less then 5 sec in the dye '[thats all it took] and the vinyl spent maybe 10-15sec in the dye for a deep rich color. then they were all rinsed with regular temperature tap water, dried off with paper towel, and hung to dry.

EDIT: to add to this. Somehow her busts got a few shades lighter so give her a few days to adjust to the dye to see if you need to plop parts back in.

At home: Too many....

Semienigma

8398631879_0e52e2a789_o_zpsdbba108a2_zpsd57f631b.jpg

Here She is ^ ^ So yeah tannning can go okay it just takes so much work

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

baldylox

Cocoa was soooo cute in person! And seeing as she's so similar to my Manami in personality, it was hilarious watching her romp around at the meet on Saturday! I'm glad she worked out well for you, I know it was great seeing her in person.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Semienigma
Gosh, she's lovely *_*

I have a spare DD2 body around but don't have the guts (yet?) to try dying her... would love to have my own Anthy DD, though!

tumblr_ma3p8xAT451rqfj1po1_500.png

Its very possible To get a light shade you just would not add as much dye but I can tell ya its difficult getting it right. Like The Ebl said the actual hardest part is getting them all apart XD

Milk

I've seen a custom tan DD experiment some time ago on DOA, I think it was? I can't exactly remember the procedure they used, but I think it was done with spraying the colour on. And it looked pretty good to say so!

Though, I'd love to see more tan girls. Even better if VOLKS brings out more girls with a darker skin colour than the stock skins.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Semienigma

It would be nice to see more tan girls, though I don't expect it but it would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally be nice. Don't expect them to go as dark as my girl though XD But there are a ton of characters I think they could make.

Nelly19

Ok how man boxes of rit dye? I have decided to try this I need a partner though, and maybe another DDdy body so this may take a while....to the market!

EblKtty

Anthys color is possible. if you add half a box of Cocoa brown from fit into a regular size soup pot , I would say a gallon or so of water. Something like that. Try it on spare hands first.

You should buy at least two boxes. for a lighter shade use half a box, darker shade a whole box.

Yay for tan girls!

Also beware of MSC. for some reason it turned the head waaaay to orange..Dont know why exactly though.

Also different batches of Vinyl may come out different shades. Also take care to do it as fast as you can or keep your water level the same throughout boiling to make sure your color stays consistent.

At home: Too many....

DivinitaAria

I'd like to see an Athena Glory DD With a nice, light tan.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria