Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

archangeli

DD Clothes - what do your girls want?

archangeli

There's already a topic about what you look for when shopping for DD clothes, but this isn't quite the same.

This is just a general poll - what do you wish there was more of out there specifically for DD's?

Examples:

- I want more stuff for S/M bust!!

- Basic wardrobe stuff (dresses, camisoles, blouses, boleros, skirts, petticoats, etc).

- dark socks that don't stain -___-"

- School girl outfits

- Steampunk styled outfit sets

- corsets

- waloli-style dresses (or yukata that are more fitted to DD bodies)

Or what have you tried to make for your DD's (because you couldn't find it elsewhere) and had a lot of trouble making?

Edited by Guest

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

waha

Sign me up for black socks that don't stain!

Generally though, I look for frilly stuff that isn't TOO frilly. And if it's pink or blue it's a bonus. The Petite Strawberry Milk Heart outfit is a perfect example of a perfect outfit IMO. It even came with striped socks!

And speaking of stripes, more striped socks needed. And striped underwear! Luckily TnK has us covered for DDs.

Amber

The thing I always try to look for are outfits that are not so "costume" looking... I like for my girls to be dressed in casual everyday wear. My favorite clothing style is like Korean street fashion, but I can rarely find stores that have those kinds of clothes.

Whenever I see people that have dolls dressed in the kind of style that I like, and I ask where they bought something, not everyone replies. >__>" Unfortunately, one of the styles I really wanted to see more from the store, I asked 2 people and got no responses. I don't know why people tend to be so secretive about where they buy clothes from, it's not like I am going to copy their doll or something, lol.

I am lucky in the fact that I prefer light colored clothes, because it means it's less likely for them to stain. I don't really like dark colors for my own clothes, or the clothes for my dolls.

shinegamix

should poke toel uru on flickr. he is in korea and attends dolpa there. im sure he can help you out

making my triumphant return

Cauldroness

I can never find enough basics -- tank tops, jeans, slacks, khakis, cute flats with some kind of detailing (not totally plain), blouses, skirts without ruffles/lace, shrugs, etc. And in colors that aren't black, white, or baby pink! I have way too much themed stuff and not enough everyday wear that can be mixed and matched together.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Alphakitty
I can never find enough basics -- tank tops, jeans, slacks, khakis, cute flats with some kind of detailing (not totally plain), blouses, skirts without ruffles/lace, shrugs, etc. And in colors that aren't black, white, or baby pink! I have way too much themed stuff and not enough everyday wear that can be mixed and matched together.

This! I have a lot of nice single pieces but I don't like to pair too many fancy things together, and sometimes it's hard to find a matching piece that's simple. Nine9style has helped on that front, but I'd like a nice, solid basic wardrobe for my girls.

What I'd especially like is more cardigans: I have one but it's kind of nautical-looking so it doesn't go with a lot of my other clothing. I love cardigans but it seems like simple, one-color ones are kind of hard to find. Nice patterned sundresses too, though I'm working on learning to sew DD clothing so hopefully I'll be able to do that one myself soon!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Nightmare Tea

THIS is why I'm having my mom teach me to sew...

There aren't enough basic stuff!

PrettyCranium

Agreed, more basics. It's surprisingly hard to find a fitted, white tank/cami for DDs.

twiggysbabe

I thin more basics, like t-shirts would be great. I'm always searching for it but its difficult to find one that fits s/m bust.

12101414793_2ba27a22cb.jpg

baldylox

Put simply...

SHORTS THAT FIT THE DDII AND DDdy PROPERLY!

And I mean I want shorts available separately for purchase and NOT just in super hard to get outfit sets like the Volks Alna casual wear outfits. I live in The South and it gets hot down here quite often. Shorts weather starts in late February and goes thru late November. So having nice shorts that fit well and look good are a must. The DDdy sized ones in the Alna sets are a perfect example of what I want made available for sale separately.... those denim shorts are just AWESOME! I have one pair and almost always have them on one of my girls. I know Alices Collections makes shorts and so do other places but they just don't have that fit and finish like the Volks ones do.

Also, how about some nice looking lingerie that doesn't cost $100 a set? Dollmore makes some nice stuff at around $40 and it looks great on a DD. But more companies need to make stuff like that. I know Cool Cats makes awesome stuff but at much higher prices, like $80, and they are very limited in number so those are hard to get.

And just like everyone else, my girls enjoy a more casual look to their wardrobe so having the ability to get separate skirts, shirts, shorts, pants, jeans etc would be a nice thing to see. I think shirts are well covered but it's hard to find skirts of any length all by themselves so you can mix and match outfits.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

RaveOfNightmares
Put simply...

SHORTS THAT FIT THE DDII AND DDdy PROPERLY!

And I mean I want shorts available separately for purchase and NOT just in super hard to get outfit sets like the Volks Alna casual wear outfits. I live in The South and it gets hot down here quite often. Shorts weather starts in late February and goes thru late November. So having nice shorts that fit well and look good are a must. The DDdy sized ones in the Alna sets are a perfect example of what I want made available for sale separately.... those denim shorts are just AWESOME! I have one pair and almost always have them on one of my girls. I know Alices Collections makes shorts and so do other places but they just don't have that fit and finish like the Volks ones do.

Also, how about some nice looking lingerie that doesn't cost $100 a set? Dollmore makes some nice stuff at around $40 and it looks great on a DD. But more companies need to make stuff like that. I know Cool Cats makes awesome stuff but at much higher prices, like $80, and they are very limited in number so those are hard to get.

And just like everyone else, my girls enjoy a more casual look to their wardrobe so having the ability to get separate skirts, shirts, shorts, pants, jeans etc would be a nice thing to see. I think shirts are well covered but it's hard to find skirts of any length all by themselves so you can mix and match outfits.

Billy

I know Coolcat has a bunch of different skirts and some various pants, but nothing in the shorts department. My girls love their Coolcat lingerie, but would definitely appreciate some more basic stuff. I have 2 of the Alna casual jean shorts, and 1 of the other kind of Alna shorts, which covers 3/4 of my Dy girls, but I don't have any shorts for the regular sized girls.

I'd also like to see a larger variety of DD sized glasses.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

YukiOokami

Seeing what people say, even though I don't own or haven't dealt with the fun searches for DD clothing, I may go with the black socks and basic outfits. Though, I can't say I've seen too many corsets while I've been searching.

I was amazed with all of the nice clothes that CoolCat has. I'll be having a shopping spree there, when I get my first girl.

RaveOfNightmares
Seeing what people say, even though I don't own or haven't dealt with the fun searches for DD clothing, I may go with the black socks and basic outfits. Though, I can't say I've seen too many corsets while I've been searching.

I was amazed with all of the nice clothes that CoolCat has. I'll be having a shopping spree there, when I get my first girl.

I've seriously had a bunch of shopping sprees there. As a result, my girls have more underwear, swimsuits, and shoes than even makes sense to have. Too bad I don't have the same amounts of regular clothing for them. lol

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

a88_angel

I am not sure what my future DD will like to wear, but it is interesting to hear about what everyone has trouble finding and the tips on where to find certain things are very helpful and I am storing for future reference in my mental files