Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RaveOfNightmares

Legos!

RaveOfNightmares

I've loved Legos since I was little, I just recently got to see Legoland California, and also started picking up a set here and there.

I just finished building this set today:

7806728256_d05d8fe51b_z.jpg

Lego Monster Fighters set 9468 "Vampyre Castle"

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

JRuzzy

omg love that set! i want the haunted house!

I love lego, and have since i was very small, i still collect some sets and love building stuff.

lego is great! lol ^^

"In a small, small world where my hands are HUGE!!"

JChiibs

Legos are just awesome. We have a huge bin of them that I have been trying to think about what to do with, there is plenty enough to build Dolly a house, that's for sure. I think the most sets I have personally collected were a bunch of the Harry Potter ones and Raven has his fair share of the smaller Star Wars sets. Other than that we just have random sets that we have collected since high school. It has been a few years since we have bought one, but instead have many of the Lego games including Lego Harry Potter (yrs 1-4), Lego Star Wars, Lego Rock Band (Awesome!), and even some of the older ones like Lego Island (1 & 2), Lego Chess, Lego Creators Harry Potter, etc. My favorite one of all time though is still Lego Rock Raiders where you essentially end up on a planet and you have to dig for materials to get your ship working while building a base of operations, collecting energy crystals, and fending off the rock monsters and slimy slugs. Every once in a while either Raven or I randomly says one of the lines from the game, usually "Slimy slugs are invading your base!" and we just start cracking up.

I really love Legos except playing with them for too long makes my fingers really sore (even with the brick separator) and the sound can end up feeling pins going into my really sensitive ears. I'm just someone who just loves building things and being creative. I can't imagine not liking Legos even when I'm 95.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

archangeli

Here's a lovely video of how the LEGO company came about -

Hubby and I are both LEGO fans. We both still have many of our sets from when we were kids. They don't design the castles quite as beautifully as they used to, in my opinion - but there's a LEGO store very close to our house so we can pop in regularly and look at the new releases ^^

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Galvatim

Legos are great! I used to have a whole city set up in this giant drawer under my bed as a kid.

And this is by far the coolest Lego set ever:

5429213181_a2b686236a.jpg

032 by galvatim, on Flickr

5429827222_f5628bb6f1.jpg

041 by galvatim, on Flickr

scripple

I have a big box of old style basic block legos from when I was a kid. Good fun. However I don't let the DDs use them much as they seem to abuse them.

Edited by Guest

baldylox

I used to have Legos as a kid but that was right when they started doing the themed sets like "Lego Space" and so on. I used to have a TON of those things and loved messing with them.

The only new ones I own are the Star Wars themed ones. But I only bought the ones of the vehicles and sets from the first three movies. I don't mind the newer movies but I just didn't like the Lego versions of the new stuff. So I stuck with the vintage line. Here is a pic of the ones I have out on display a few years ago.

7811394084_bea31050da_z.jpg

lego by balldylox, on Flickr

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

finnleo

Amusingly I've started to try and rebuild stuff from my little bucket of bricks to see how much is still there.

Most of my bricks are from 86-95 and as a tech nerd most stuff has been technic lego, as a test baught a more recent technic car kit, and have yet to form a solid oppinnion about the new style of technic bricks, do I like them or not.

For instance, yes the current supercar kit has opening doors and whatnots, but the orignals had working gearboxes, and steering rack instead.. heh

Top two are still a bit incomplete.

legos.jpg

Still a few models in the bin of bricks, along with some normal lego.

A bit envious of baldyloxes starwars collection, and galvatims star destroyer since I couldnt swing those when they were available. (Actually saw the big Tie-fighter still available at the local amazon section, and went "mine"...)

Though, have been ogling that current super star destroyer, and wondering do I need a 17th doll over that.. heh

JoltFiend

I love LEGO. I had a bunch as a kid, but then went through numerous years without picking any sets up. With the release of the Star Wars line, I've been buying sets again here and there. I have four rows on a shelving unit dedicated to Star Wars LEGO. I'm still tempted to buy a few of the sets that are out, like the Death Star diorama set, but I currently have no space to put them.

The prize set out of all the ones I have is the Collectors Edition Millennium Falcon. That thing's a monstosity and I'm actually surprised that I have space on the shelving unit for it.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Ravendruid

Growing up I had a huge bucket full of random Legos that my dad found at a yard sale. Once I got older, I picked up a few smaller Star Wars sets and a couple other random sets (like a basketball court, where the minifigs had springs in their legs so they could shot the ball). Once I've put a set together I usually take it apart soon after and add the pieces back into my collection to build more custom stuff.. Building is fun. Having it sit around on the shelf collecting dust? Not so much. I hate "dust collectors", one reason I went for DDs rather than resins, sine they seem much more "play withable". I also used to have a cool pirate ship, but somehow, in the process of moving my life back and forth between bedrooms a few of the main pieces disappeared.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

rukitron

Wow everyone has nice big lego sets, all I have is a huge pile of random small sets for the most part.

The only thing I'm really proud of owning is that recent Joker fun house and this old drawbridge castle set from like 2010.

I also collect mini figures like crazy.

RaveOfNightmares

7987012122_baa4f0da28_z.jpg

DSC01134SLT-A77V85mm F1.4 ZA20120704 by Visual Cacophony, on Flickr

Mio and Arisu making minifigs at the San Diego Lego Store.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

djgamer

I too am a huge Lego fan. I remember one Christmas I was shaking my packages and playing the 'Guess what's inside' game with myself. I shook one particularly large package and I heard the telltale sound of plastic bricks rattling around. I tore open the wrapping thinking "Yay! New Legos!" And guess what I saw...

MEGABLOCKS!!! >.<

• Sad 1

Proud captain of two lovely squires, Kimberly and Airana

RaveOfNightmares

8193055557_0792e39585_c.jpg

_DSC0128SLT-A99V50mm F1.420121113-2 by Visual Cacophony, on Flickr

Monster Fighters "Haunted Mansion".... Spooooky!

Ayshel

jajaja what a sweet thread ^^ I love legos too, I would like to buy this lego minecraft someday, I like Minecraft very much >.<

http://cache.lego.com/e/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/21102?$main$

The last lego that I bought was for my boyfriend, and was this mini star wars battleship^^

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-F802tyReW4Y/TxzZDv8qIoI/AAAAAAAABqY/k6QXP4P_s6M/s1600/wholeset.JPG

Sophia (DDH06) and Sakura Matou at home

finnleo

I decided to splurge on my (other) birthday gift for myself...

SSD.jpg

Although to be honest I would have preferred the normal Star destroyer kit sice its just a bit more iconic, but since those are out of stock and go for silly money, I guess this was the next best thing.

Averis

Add me to the lego loving list. I've always had legos. I still have a big bucket of them... somewhere. Don't have the time or space to mess with them these days, but I still check out their sets whenever I see them in a store.

baldylox
I decided to splurge on my (other) birthday gift for myself...

SSD.jpg

Although to be honest I would have preferred the normal Star destroyer kit sice its just a bit more iconic, but since those are out of stock and go for silly money, I guess this was the next best thing.

Ha ha! The pose your girl has is so funny! She's like "Really? More of THIS stuff?"

How big is that thing once it's built? It'd have to be several feet long right?

Billy

finnleo

Ha ha! The pose your girl has is so funny! She's like "Really? More of THIS stuff?"

How big is that thing once it's built? It'd have to be several feet long right?

mmm.. Shino alwas needs some warming up for anything thats in a box that size..

But according to the box, its 49 inches, or 129cm long. So its quite substantial.

Actually its a bit of a awkward purchase at the moment, since now I need to do some renovation work to my house, while having the itch to put this together...

finnleo

Time lapse of the beast being built

Wasnt keeping an eye on exposure during the build (single tracked mind.. was just pressing the shutter between build steps), but the video turned out rather fun to watch... and it is quite impressive once put together.

(also made some fumbles with the top panels, so they move about a bit, since to keep it interesting, I built them on the model insted of a seprate assembly as they should have, and didnt quite get the reverse steps right)

Beauty shots might follow if I recover from both building this, and repairing the wall of my house.. heh

Ziggorro

Dropping in here too. I always had legos when I was a kid. My parents never could afford the "big" kits so I had to settle for the smaller simple kits. I eventually got the fort legorado set one christmas and I was super excited. (side note: a class I had in middle school, we had to do a picture book type project one year and of course I did mine about the fort lol).

I still have a big tin with all my loose pieces sitting around. Haven't had the space to mess with them in a long time. I used to subscribe to the lego magazine and was always like "that's so awesome I want that!".

The one thing I truly desired was the police station set but never got it. Now of course, I want the Death Star set but I know iit's stupidly expensive.

I have a friend who still pokes fun of me for having lego's and always telling everyone else I play with legos. Doesn't bother me one bit though

finnleo

jump starting an old thread again with the latest arrival...

The possible builder is at least somewath stoked...

50122124308_6d55c9523f_b.jpg

nepko028

and now we only have to cue the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

But in anycase ... I did originally want the tumbler one from a few years back to a degree, but unfortunately in lego form it just seemed a bit too much like a random blob... the Tim Burton Batmobile on the otherhand was a winner in my books, and luckily I did have just enough spare funds for a little self spoiling.

• Like 2

baldylox

I didn't even know they made one of those!  That thing looks awesome!  Please share lots of pics of it when your girl completes the build!  :)

Billy

finnleo

I guess I can post a few of the photos here... though was a pain in the butt to build with all the black small pieces, and pain to photograph because of the black, and being long and low to the ground...

"-- did not have time to paint or build it to actual scale --"

50133530613_ed2dc97043_b.jpg

batmo001

50134083911_4cfab1a89a_b.jpg

batmo004

50134083866_aa2de97068_b.jpg

batmo005

50134083811_80a85b990b_b.jpg

batmo007

50134310892_6d476fa12a_b.jpg

batmo015

50134311592_a5c7796747_b.jpg

batmo012

50133529613_33c167bbd0_b.jpg

batmo013

50133528793_8e38c7b358_b.jpg

batmo018

anybody is looking to get one of these, as a small hint, make sure you check that what the instructions is asking for is actually a black part that has white outlines in the print... cant remember any other kit where I've had to dismantle as many times just because I fumbled between the dark grey and black, since I grew up on the old 80's and 90's manuals and color palette that was either black or grey.

also amusing to find 80's and 90's era parts in this thing, even for some of the neat forms.

Also amusing, is that this kit has more parts than the Super star destroyer (although a lot smaller), and yet it was half the price of that ... a bargain I say.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

baldylox

WOW!  That thing looks amazing!  So very cool and low slung, I like how it flows just like the real one.  Too bad it didn't come with option parts to make the armored version like in the movies.  :)

Thanks for the photos!

Billy