Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Murasaki

Which Japan Proxy service do you use?

Murasaki

I used to use Shopping Mall Japan but their fees are quite high and quite often my goods will come shipped with a smokey smell (as i believe their warehouse must have smokers). I'm just curious to see if there are better ones out there? It would be great if you can share your experiences

Lumirei

I use Rinkya but that is because I don't even know where to look for another service XD and don't remember I have to until I won something XD.

Happily at home:Lumière, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Vivienne, Altria, Lilith, Claire, Sakuya, Sakura, Haruhi, Aurelia, Melty, Miyako, Unnamed 03, Mariko (student), Momo, Miku, Snow Miku and Asuna.

Awaiting: Kirito

archangeli

Japonica.

I just won my first item through them personally a couple of days ago, so I haven't received it yet. My sister has used them several times for her lolita fashion items over the past few months and really likes them. Their commission rates are 50% through the end of August and are generally not as high as other companies.

I've used Japan to Door as well.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

gaiaswill

Used to use SMJ. Then jumped ship after they made the conversion rate worse and kept shipping me grossly oversized boxes, triggering the balloon rates. Now I use Noppin for Y!JA and Yokatta for special orders.

PrettyCranium

Goody Japan. I've never had a problem with them.

juu-yuki
Used to use SMJ. Then jumped ship after they made the conversion rate worse and kept shipping me grossly oversized boxes, triggering the balloon rates. Now I use Noppin for Y!JA and Yokatta for special orders.

That is so true about the over sized box . I bought 1 Dollfie Dream and they shipped it in a box big enough to hold 3 DD boxes. The whole box was filled with packing peanuts that were no biodegradable -sigh- I am still trying to figure out what to do with it all.

Goody Japan. I've never had a problem with them.

I've used them too. Never had a problem. =]

gaiaswill

@juu-yuki: I bothered to complain about it, and basically got, "Too bad," as a response. They didn't quite connect that the more I have to pay the post office, the less money I have for THEM next time. So after the third incident, a game software + Volks clothes shipped in a sea of peanuts in a 18x18x18" box, there simply was no more next time. Now I encourage others away. Also I think their conversion rate is quite the hustle: offer a low basic rate but ream you in hidden fees.

I'll probably look over the other services mentioned so far. It would be nice if I could do orders and auctions in one place; Noppin has expensive special order rates and Yokatta has no automated real time auction system.

waha

I've used SMJ, Noppin/Crescent, Goody Japan, and From Japan.

These days I tend to use From Japan for most of my stuff (5% flat commission) and Goody Japan. Been using Goody Japan ever since they started their service but sometimes I like automatic bidding. I used Goody more back when they didn't require deposits.

juu-yuki
I've used SMJ, Noppin/Crescent, Goody Japan, and From Japan.

These days I tend to use From Japan for most of my stuff (5% flat commission) and Goody Japan. Been using Goody Japan ever since they started their service but sometimes I like automatic bidding. I used Goody more back when they didn't require deposits.

I've looked at From Japan a couple of times. They don't seem to take deposits from Paypal which makes it difficult for me to bid on stuff >^<

waha
I've looked at From Japan a couple of times. They don't seem to take deposits from Paypal which makes it difficult for me to bid on stuff >^<

Oh, they added deposits from Paypal a while ago. And you can now use the deposit to easily pay for the items as well.

juu-yuki

Oh, they added deposits from Paypal a while ago. And you can now use the deposit to easily pay for the items as well.

Oh really? Cool. I think I might try a few purchases with them. Thanks for the heads up Waha.

Dollvari

I use both SMJ and Rinkya, no problems. I like the real time bidding, and the storage options.

RedLion

I use Jauce.com or Celga depending on the situation.

Jauce is great for auctions, it's cheaper than Celga and you don't have to wait for them to bid for you. You simply pay them via paypal how much you intend to bid, paste in the link on their site and it'll set up where you can bid for yourself, even has drop down menu for which language you want it translated it.

Celga I prefer to use for online shops, they're too slow for me on auctions and they're expensive, especially since they're behind the curve when it comes to money conversion. It can be 80Y = $1 for weeks and they'll still maintain a 73Y = $1 but the second it hits 70Y = $1, you can count on it changing to that conversion the next day.

DJStarstryker

I used to use either SMJ or this nice fujoshi lady in Japan. Of course, I don't really need to use a proxy anymore.

Once I get more settled in Japan, was planning to start up a proxy service of my own. It'll be cheaper than SMJ and a lot of the other proxies. I don't plan to have it as a business, so I can afford to make it cheaper. Money will go towards my various otaku habits, so it won't make me rich. Renting a nice sized house, so will have room to do layaways too.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

baldylox
Once I get more settled in Japan, was planning to start up a proxy service of my own. It'll be cheaper than SMJ and a lot of the other proxies. I don't plan to have it as a business, so I can afford to make it cheaper. Money will go towards my various otaku habits, so it won't make me rich. Renting a nice sized house, so will have room to do layaways too.

Now THIS is excellent to hear! I'm glad you've decided to try and do something like this.... it would be awesome to be able to pay someone for that service and know the money will go back into the hobby ( or at least related hobbies ) and we can trust the person offering the service. Thank you!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

JChiibs

Now THIS is excellent to hear! I'm glad you've decided to try and do something like this.... it would be awesome to be able to pay someone for that service and know the money will go back into the hobby ( or at least related hobbies ) and we can trust the person offering the service. Thank you!

Billy

This is pretty much what I thought last night when I read DJStarstryker's post as well. I have wondered for a while if anyone on the forums would ever do something like this, I think it is a wonderful idea. I know personally I would feel much more comfortable trusting someone I know at least through the forums with purchases like these rather than some almost no-name proxy service.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Nekopon

DJStarstryker, if you start doing this, it will be amazing and very very much appreciated! >__<

That is so nice of you to consider.

SakuraSylph

It will take us a bit to get set up for proxying, but we've definitely started down that path . We have requested a starter kit from a local Japanese bank so that we can pay the sellers. YJA does offer a credit card option with fees paid by the buyer (which I think is more fair than PayPal charging the seller), but it's cheaper to use the bank wire option for items as expensive as DDs (anything over 10K yen).

In addition to layaway, I also plan to offer the ability to trade for auction winnings... I don't know if anyone will really use that option since it involves more negotiation upfront, but if you're short on cash it might be a good way to get stuff.

Wow, I didn't expect people to be quite THAT excited about the idea, but I sure am glad!

SakuraSylph

Ravendruid

Wow, I didn't expect people to be quite THAT excited about the idea, but I sure am glad!

Well, I know that at least in my case, it's always much preferred to be able to deal with somebody we have at least a casual relationship, than a faceless corporation. Also, I'd much rather support someone who I know cares about the hobby, than a company that, for all I know, cares only about the money.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Nekopon

SakuraSylph, I trust you more than some shady business people that is trying to catch a profit off from me. I'm pretty sure half the time that the shipping does not cost as much as they say it did... :p

atrika

There's this one person I came across on Den of Angels. He/She has a lot of feedbacks. I've never tried him, but there's no harm in reading his thread? It seems he does YJ too and claims to be cheaper than other services~

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?267062-%26%238681%3B-Price-down-%26%238681%3B-BEST-RATE-Shopping-Service-JP-YAHOO-AUCTION-UNOA-VOLK-ETC

Aoife ✙ Tae ✙ Miya ✙ Usami ✙ Misaki ✙ Makina ✙ Yume

Kanae ✙ Kanon ✙ Subaru ✙ Juri ✙ Aya ✙ Megu-tan ✙ Kureha

Error-Chan

Didn't see this one XD. I am looking for a proxy bidder just to pop one bid on a Yahoo auction japan sale just to see if my luck could get better and win her really cheap.

I would rather deal with a member that is trusted on here then some company. Could you comment or give me a PM please, the auction ends in two days.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Error-Chan

There is one day left on the auction and I would really like to try and get one bid on her. Anyone able? I have feedback on Doa and Angels-unlimited. Just pm me and I can give you more info and the link =)

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Talolili

I need to find a new serive to use, I'm tired of Celga and their high fees.

I'll check out some of these companies listed here.