Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

eldritchhumanoid

Plans for Obitsu 45cm Male

eldritchhumanoid

So, I have a Obitsu/Parabox 45cm male doll. My original plan for him just ended up feeling wrong, especially because his face is so innocent and child like (I used the Alice head). Well, thanks for MangaEmi, I got a little inspiration.

I've been working pretty seriously on this project for the past couple of years. The main character is a boy named Joey Duke. I'd like to give my brother a better representation of the character, other than my strange descriptions. The only colored art I have of Joey isn't complete. It was a rushed sketch and Paint job to have something to turn in for a final (long story)--my brother did the sketch in about five minutes, and I used Paint to start the color, which took way too long (as in I ran out of time and had to rush out the door to print the script and art at the college). I decided to not go back to the color until I could figure out how to fix the hair and eyes (which aren't supposed to have pupils, I found out). . . I just haven't had energy to force Windows 7 and Gimp to play nice lately (it's either that or work on the script, and I'd rather work on the script).

Anyway, the image should give you an idea of what I'm shooting for, so here it is (I'm not actually going to post it because it's huge):

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee414/tieflingshaman/Joey-Color.jpg

The rest of his outfit consists of khaki cargo shorts, slip on athletic shoes (in navy and green), and an olive drab webbed belt. Of course, I'm probably going to have to give on a couple of things (like the shoes), but it would still be a nice representation.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to approach the outfit? I've never made shorts before, and I've never had to sew pockets into anything before (even fake ones). Also, I don't know where to get that bright of green fabric to make some fake piping for that scale.

Poofiemus

My turn for: "ENABLING POWERS, ACTIVATE!"

Mimiwoo is the first place I thought of regarding the shoes: http://www.mimiwoo.com/index.php?infoBox=0&cPath=21_41 They seem to be the main place to look for sneakers/trainers and the occasional deck shoe. Now, I will say, their site organization is, um, lacking, but there should be plenty of options for you to pick from once you start fishing through them.

Nine9 style looks to have some stuff for the pants: http://www.nine9style.net/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20110123011527&c_code=C20110124043351 Especially the "shoulder strap short pants" near the bottom of the MSD Boy section. (Looks like the straps come off too, so he doesn't have to wear suspenders unless you particularly feel like embarrassing him. XD) They also appear to have some sneakers, though not in the technicolor plethora that Mimiwoo does.

The one thing I'm not sure a manufactured match exists for would be the shirt, so you'd probably have to make that one. (Thankfully it's much less complicated than the shorts!) For fabric, rather than searching fabric stores, I'd say look for stuff in thrift stores to cannibalize--it'll probably be cheaper, get you actual T-shirt fabric, and be far more likely to have funky colors like that dayglo green. XD

I'm looking forward to seeing how he comes together!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Janeway

eldritchhumanoid your plan is cool. I'm turning mine into a girl. Have you try any MSD clothes on him yet due to l'm been doing some research on what would fit this body but l'm having no luck in finding such information. I'm not getting mine into next week thought.

eldritchhumanoid
My turn for: "ENABLING POWERS, ACTIVATE!"

Mimiwoo is the first place I thought of regarding the shoes: http://www.mimiwoo.com/index.php?infoBox=0&cPath=21_41 They seem to be the main place to look for sneakers/trainers and the occasional deck shoe. Now, I will say, their site organization is, um, lacking, but there should be plenty of options for you to pick from once you start fishing through them.

Nine9 style looks to have some stuff for the pants: http://www.nine9style.net/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20110123011527&c_code=C20110124043351 Especially the "shoulder strap short pants" near the bottom of the MSD Boy section. (Looks like the straps come off too, so he doesn't have to wear suspenders unless you particularly feel like embarrassing him. XD) They also appear to have some sneakers, though not in the technicolor plethora that Mimiwoo does.

The one thing I'm not sure a manufactured match exists for would be the shirt, so you'd probably have to make that one. (Thankfully it's much less complicated than the shorts!) For fabric, rather than searching fabric stores, I'd say look for stuff in thrift stores to cannibalize--it'll probably be cheaper, get you actual T-shirt fabric, and be far more likely to have funky colors like that dayglo green. XD

I'm looking forward to seeing how he comes together!

Oh, wow! I never would have thought to look to Mimiwoo. I sometimes run into them on eBay, and their selection there seems a little slim. But I found shoes I love there! Thank you!

Hm. . . Those pants are nice! It would also give me something to threaten him with if he misbehaves.

I can't believe I didn't think of cannibalizing some training shirts. I just stocked some in the right colors (and fabric) a couple of nights ago (including a blindingly bright neon green for girls).

Thanks so much, Poofiemus! I'm going to wait for some of the shirts to go on clearance as we make room for winter apparel. I'm hoping to buy his eyes this week (I might skip lashes for him for now).

:) eldritchhumanoid your plan is cool. I'm turning mine into a girl. Have you try any MSD clothes on him yet due to l'm been doing some research on what would fit this body but l'm having no luck in finding such information. I'm not getting mine into next week thought.

I didn't get much further than a paper model for the outfit when my original plan kind of went to pieces. But the paper model I did was based on an MSD boys pattern. It was a little long (due to requiring some gathering at the side), but it seemed to work just fine otherwise.

MSD wigs are a bit too large, though (learned that one the hard way), at least the ones from Volks. The wig size is closer to a 6/7 than a 7/8. I hope that helps.

JChiibs
MSD wigs are a bit too large, though (learned that one the hard way), at least the ones from Volks. The wig size is closer to a 6/7 than a 7/8. I hope that helps.

What head do you have? Did you already state it and I just missed it?

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Remina

I do have a plan on getting Parabox45 boy body too. He will has DDH-07 for his head, though. I will share his picture when I finally get his head (about late Oct) and body on flickr later.

eldritchhumanoid

What head do you have? Did you already state it and I just missed it?

~Sister Kyoya

I'm using the Alice head. I think I mentioned it in passing, but it's my favorite head from Parabox.

That sounds like it will be interesting, Remina. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.