The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

misskale

What would it take to get you to sell...?

misskale

I've been thinking about space and money restrictions recently so I've been thinking of, but not completely seriously about whether I would, or could, get rid of any of my DDs. So, in the spirit of many of these other threads I ask these questions.

1. How do/would you decide you would be willing to sell or trade one of your girls?

2. What would it take to get you to sell a unicorn you'd managed to catch?

baldylox
1. How do/would you decide you would be willing to sell or trade one of your girls?

It would take an extreme financial crisis to happen to me personally to EVER even consider selling ANY of my girls, unicorn or not. As for trading one for another, I am far too emotionally attached to my girls to ever want to trade one DD for another DD I want. I'd find any other way possible to get funds for other girls I'd want other than selling or trading them.

It would take "The Great Conjunction" for me to ever sell off my Ryomou. Not just because she was and still is my holy grail DD but because of how I happened to obtain her. I have so much emotionally invested in her that it would be pretty much impossible for me to part with her. If someone seriously offered me $2000 USD cash for her right now, I'd tell them no. She is THAT important to me.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

evilbluepoptart

For me this is totally hypothetical considering I don't have one yet...but I know the doll I want and I have been in love with DD for a LONG time and I think that once I get her I would never be able to part with her. However, I think that if for some reason I felt I was no longer clicking with her and she was just sitting off to the side and not getting attention then yes I would sell her. It wouldn't be fair to let her sit around when someone out there would love her and care for her better.

hihihellokitty

Same as baldylox, I would never sell my girl unless I was in severe financial need.

My only girl is my unicorn, and I don't ever see myself selling her, considering it took me lots of work to save up for her when I got her in high school, and I've had her for 4 years now and am emotionally attached as well~ And even though she isn't worth as much as other or highly sought after, she is my most favorite (and the reason I haven't gotten any other girls yet, since I always want to spend on things for Mayu XD)

Keijogirl

I usually only bring home dolls that are keepers, so it'd take a lot for me to ever want to sell any of my dolls period. I love them all so it'd be really REALLY hard for me to part with anybody XD

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

bethykins

I have been in financial crisis a few times and have sold a few of my girls bodies in order to dig myself out. I think in terms of trading/selling it depends on if i am emotionally attatched to the girl or not and if i would be getting one of my ultimate dreams by letting her go. Altough i also have a habit of buying girls back

My other half and I have a agreement that if I were to be hit by a bus and die tomorrow that there are 5 girls he would keep forever as i could never bear for them to go anywhere.

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

littlebearries

I sell off girls if I don't feel as strongly about them as I do about my Alna. Every girl who comes in here goes through the "Alna Test"... and if I find myself not gravitating towards them as much as I do Alna, they move on. Currently, Mariko and Rise are the only other two DD living here... and I adore both of them as much as I do my Alna, so I don't think they're going anywhere.

I've liked every DD girl I've had, but I knew some of them I could let go and not mind. You know, a sort of, "Well, yes, you're cute, but OF COURSE you're cute, your a DD, they're ALL cute!" sort of deal.

The Apocalypse where only DD were currency and my family would die if I didn't sell her.

Truth be told... I already sold Alna once. I had won her from the company and sold her to buy a doll I thought was my Unicorn... and then I was hit by the hardest case of seller's remorse I've ever had after selling a doll (I've never regretted selling any doll OTHER than Alna)... so when friend of mine decided she wanted to part with her fullset Alna, and would sell her to me at the price she bought her for from Volks, I snapped her up and vowed never to sell her again... unless, you know, that Apocalypse thing happens.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

finnleo

If I were to sell (and that is a very big if), Appreciation by the buyer.

Someone who wants the whole package to keep, without worries about seeing the girl put back on sale for a higher price, or chopped up for parts within weeks.

Apart from original boring blue Saber my ladies hardly are in the high roller unicorn league, but due to certain whats and if's floating around the last lady to go would be my Suigintou copy.

Again I would have to say the same as others, a very critical personal or close family related problem.

Strife212

It takes a lot to get me to sell anything haha, I don't like to part with stuff I guess

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

Gunter

I shuffle a lot. I aim to keep funds circulating in the hobby and thus I sell and sell so I can buy and buy. This means I am capable of selling almost whoever, whenever I decide I no longer feel for them or if something newer, shinier, and prettier comes around. You could consider that a test as well I guess, if I don't like you the amount I do for Lily and Alter then no girl will ever withstand my need to sell the second I find them boring. What can I say? I don't generally bond easily, and if it isn't within the instant I get them then it will never happen. At least it makes it easy to always have funds coming in.

An emergency. If I was in dire need for money I would stomach the loss and choose the first that I know I could part with and further up the list if I needed to do so. It'd take a whole lot to make me part with any of those two named though.

gaiaswill

Two ways, depending on the situation:

• Financial analysis. More expensive girls are more worthwhile to sell.
  • "Usage" analysis. Girls I am less bonded to are easier to part with psychologically.

Big emergency, particularly health related. Humans come first.

Alternatively I suppose is an end-of-the-world scenario, but isn't that true for anything?

katnaper

I've thought about this before and had actually used the thought of the 're-sale value' of a doll to justify my purchase of it, yet not one of them have yet to leave my House since coming here. And they just keep coming. But if a dire, life threatening, apocalyptic emergency comes and I would need funds I could not get elsewhere then I think I would part with the one I have the least bond with. Mind you a reason would most probably always come up that would have me keep the doll, like "Oh, but she's part of a set" or "Oh, she's the first one you won from the lottery" or "Your husband bought you that one". With that, I don't think any of my girls (or Boys) would go anywhere.

Like I said, a dire, life-threatening, apocalyptic emergency where I would need funds for a family member or myself. Otherwise, Lily stays with me and goes to my daughter (should she be into DDs when she's older) forever.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

mistyaera

Definitely hypothetical here, but it depends on my attachment to them. It may take a new release I simply like better and need funds for... or something similar. If I need funds and I haven't bonded, I feel no need to keep around. However, for a doll I've bonded with, it's different. It would take an extreme case of needing money that has to do with my life (ie. vet/hospital bills. my cats and my health come first).

Something extremely involving my cats or if I was moving and could absolutely not take with me and have no chance of being able to let a friend hold onto it... or just getting the doll and realizing it wasn't the unicorn I thought it'd be (though I doubt that'd happen. If I've pined after a doll, I REALLY want it.)

Nothing here ~ Left the Hobby

Previously Loved: Rise, Mariko, Yuki M., Haruka N., Aoko, Rin

SakuraSylph

This one has a couple answers.

I sometimes acquire extra dolls by buying bundles of DD items. I might only want certain items in the lot but the seller wants to sell as a whole, so I'll just pick up everything and do the splitting myself. In this case the girls were never meant to be kept in the first place, so they are easy to offer up to a new home.

I haven't chosen to sell any of "my" daughters yet, the ones I have intended to keep. But if I were to decide to, it would be because the enjoyment I derive from her stopped being enough to justify the cost of that particular doll. The "cost" in that case could be monetary, or upkeep effort, or even space if the collection was getting too big.

I'd have to lose interest in the DD hobby altogether and decide sell all of my dollfie goods. My favorite girls would be the last things to go. For me, if I were to need extra money to cover a bill, there are many other financing options available other than selling dolls. To part with a gal would be because I wanted to, and never because I "had" to. (that goes for anything, not just DD).

SakuraSylph

Mahoro

Once I've sold off pretty well everything else first (figures, manga, cds, doujins, games, etc), then I'd be trying to see what the hell I'm doing that requires me to get that far. Unlike some other people here, humans would NOT actually always come first in my list of priorities, but depending on it, I'd just find an alternative way to get money...

The problem with me answering this question is the situation just can never come to mind for me, I think too far ahead and too much of a stickler with my money most times to even contemplate the fact that I'd be so desperate that I'd have to sell any.

I'd start getting it to make double rainbows for selling phot...oh wait, not THAT unicorn xD. Uhh...I wouldn't sell a unicorn unless I was somehow leaving the hobby already. I should not have any inkling that I may want to sell it in the future to begin with before I buy one already.

DJStarstryker

Any girls I'm not attached to or just end up buying for pieces. For instance, I have a Natsuki v1 that I still have to sell. I bought her for parts (wanted the outfit and wig) but don't need the head or body. So she'll be up for sale or trade at some point.

Losing interest in DDs completely? I don't know.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

leitan

Alternatively I suppose is an end-of-the-world scenario, but isn't that true for anything?

but but....who's buying dolls if the zombie apocalypse is nigh? they make expensive, poor weapons... and the economy would have crashed...they're like gold bars, if everyone was starving and dying of radiation people would place more value in a tin of soup ^^"

gaiaswill

Who says they'd be worth much? Maybe for a relatively rich survivalist it'd be worth a slice of bread for a toy for his lil girl... xD

Till Troll

If I no longer did anything with the doll, and I needed the money for another doll/hobby, then I would sell. If Volks released my dream anime doll then to raise funds, and depending on the dolls I had, I would sell. Similarly if I needed money for another, more important reason (cat/family/house etc), then I would sell.

I'd try and keep a unicorn for as long as possible, maybe leave her on display if I left the hobby completely: afterall, if she took so much more effort to obtain, it would be hard to part with her!

But add the end of the day, you can't eat a DD, and this is my general feeling about selling dolls. I can't say I'd never sell them, because there may be something I need/want more, be that food or another doll/hobby.

However, without those pressures, I don't generally sell my hobby stuff. I tend to cycle my interests, and its frustrating to rebuild from scratch. And I think, even if I never touched them again, I'd keep my dolls, and hopefully my children would find the hobby as rewarding as I have.

Misheru

Once a doll become mine, it is mine. I am not one to sell my dolls.

However, my kid and my cats do come first. But I have other hobbies that would get sold off long before my dolls.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Sailorcosmos

I wouldn't sell my one girl for anything. Even if my DD collection gets as big as my SD I still don't know if I would part with Elaina.

archangeli

The whole point of calling something a unicorn or holy grail doll, is that it's a rare beauty, and extremely hard to obtain. It's also part of the searching for (and failing to get) her that makes it a unicorn.

While I love all of my dolls, there are only a few that fall into "unicorn" status because of their journey into my doll family: Lily, Rin, Serena (Yuki), Annalise (Rise) and Yukiko (my Volks MSD Miisha).

After all the time and effort to get them to me, I couldn't possibly sell them. If you're curious about their stories, give me a poke and I'll tell you.

This doesn't mean that I would sell my "non-unicorn" dolls either - but the question was about unicorns.

If I find one of the same in better condition (ex. if one of my girls are damaged). This isn't the case with any of my girls at the moment, but this is all hypothetical anyways

Or if it get's re-released. This is what I'm debating at the moment with my Volks SD16B Yukinojo since his "twin" will be arriving soon.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

cutemeow

I would sell one of my girls if she no longer boned with me anymore. When I first started the hobby (first bjd then into DD) I find it very difficult to sell as they all means something different to me but as space and money start getting to me. I finally decided to sell one of my girl is not easy but I did feels is better for both her and me. Since she is not getting good enough attention form me (which is my bad) why not sell her to other people that would give her better attention than me. So it bonding between me and her, If it is not there I would start consider selling her on.

Poofiemus

but but....who's buying dolls if the zombie apocalypse is nigh? they make expensive, poor weapons... and the economy would have crashed...they're like gold bars, if everyone was starving and dying of radiation people would place more value in a tin of soup ^^"

I dunno, I think the world ending might be a good reason to splurge and buy dolls! After all, who cares if you're in debt when there's no one left to be in debt to?

I would probably have to be pretty desperate to part with either of my girls--I'd without a doubt part with their stuff long before parting with them, and in fact may even hang on to them to use as models for making more stuff to sell.

That being said, if I got that desperate, Agatha would be up first. I know, I know, it sounds weird, but I know I could recreate her later when funds were better, whereas Nanoha was a royal pain to track down at a decent price. I'd even consider parting with Agatha with the intent of "re-shelling" her into another head mold, presuming I found one that was a far superior match than her current head. (Actually, I have considered replacing her current head with another, new 03, as her current one is actually damaged--I painted over the discoloration but up close you can see the texture difference that created.) I guess Agatha is more an idea and a process than Nanoha is, so in my mind she can be more easily transferred to another physical doll.

Parting with Nanoha on the other hand. . .I don't really want to think about the sheer level of desperate that would take. I'd likely part her out, selling her body first, and then her default eyes that I don't use. Then probably her wig, then outfit, then weapons, and head last, in hopes that I could fix things before having to let that go, lol.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Shailara

It would take A LOT to get me to sell any of my dolly kids. Usually I start with bodies if I NEED money, then I think about outfits, eyes, hair, accessories etc. Head goes last cause to me, that's the most important ;;A;; If I have the head, the rest I can get back eventually. I've never sold any of my dolly kids so far and would like to keep it that way >_<;;; I guess, only if it's some kind of dire super need, I'd start with the easier to acquire again dolls and finish with the rarest ones ;;A;;

(Ah but, there are a few exceptions, like me sp Marion faceplate, that even if I had to live on the streets, she'd come with me and idc >< -shot- )

I'd take it with me to the streets and be a rich hobo, hell yea

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)