Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

Welcome!

OhirumenoMuchinoKami

Joined today, 12/01/22.

i joined because i was looking for a place to learn about doll care, where to buy, and lots of other how to that i need to be learning. I dont even have a doll yet, i got so much to learn, In other news im a completely outsider who knows nothing about any kind of doll, dont have a doll but wants to learn and get into this hobby.

i like taking photos of nearly everything, and since in my current state i cant go out as much as i loved before anymore, i'd love to have one to take photos.

please be kind to me, and i look foward to learning as much as i can.

• Like 2

BeyondTime

The best place to start is here: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp

Your easiest in will be a Volks standard model: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/model/standard/

Like Towa for instance: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992422145.html

With Standards you get the doll, a pre-painted head, a basic outfit, wig and eyes, all put together for you.

Limited Character Dolls are released every few months, but those are more expensive and they often get claimed very fast in a brutal form of combat called a click-war. 

They also makes resin dolls called Super Dollfie, which are very beautiful but a different aesthetic than a Dollfie Dream.  

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

asukakanea

hi I'm new to the form and dolls in general I was hoping to learn more about the community, especially because I'm interested in AZONE. I have a resin BJD, but I really liked azone when I saw it on a hobby site. any advice is welcome!

• Like 2

ragnamuffin
10 hours ago, asukakanea said:

hi I'm new to the form and dolls in general I was hoping to learn more about the community, especially because I'm interested in AZONE. I have a resin BJD, but I really liked azone when I saw it on a hobby site. any advice is welcome!

Welcome! Which Azone dolls are you interested in?

• Like 1

asukakanea
On 3/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, ragnamuffin said:

Welcome! Which Azone dolls are you interested in?

i'm not really sure yet. I like Raven, but i also like the idea of buy a blank head an body. I'm not sure about it 'cause maybe it's just better to get one all made and not get a face up and stuff 'cause I'm new to this. it wouldn't be for a few months till I'm ready to purchase, I want to learn a lot more before I decide.

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, asukakanea said:

I mean the black raven series

Nice! Initially I was going to pick up Lilia and Luluna before I found Alice (from the Ellen series), so I totally understand. Amane is really pretty too.

If you want a doll with painted eyes, Azone has the Ellen and Happiness Clover series in addition to Black Raven.

If you want one with removable eyes and wigs, there’s the Iris Collect and Iris Collect Petit lines, in addition to Azone’s character dolls.

You could always buy one you like fullset (meaning it comes with everything) and then buy a blank head to decorate and swap out on the body whenever you want to play with it. That might be the cheapest way to start out, and you can always buy another body down the line for the spare head, but it’s totally your call.

The most important thing is to take your time and buy the one you really want. These dolls are too expensive to compromise or settle on something you’re not crazy about!

And of course show us pictures when you’re ready! We love to see other peoples’ dolls ☺️

• Like 1

asukakanea
On 3/28/2022 at 12:17 PM, ragnamuffin said:

Nice! Initially I was going to pick up Lilia and Luluna before I found Alice (from the Ellen series), so I totally understand. Amane is really pretty too.

If you want a doll with painted eyes, Azone has the Ellen and Happiness Clover series in addition to Black Raven.

If you want one with removable eyes and wigs, there’s the Iris Collect and Iris Collect Petit lines, in addition to Azone’s character dolls.

You could always buy one you like fullset (meaning it comes with everything) and then buy a blank head to decorate and swap out on the body whenever you want to play with it. That might be the cheapest way to start out, and you can always buy another body down the line for the spare head, but it’s totally your call.

The most important thing is to take your time and buy the one you really want. These dolls are too expensive to compromise or settle on something you’re not crazy about!

And of course show us pictures when you’re ready! We love to see other peoples’ dolls ☺️

thanks for giving me advice! I've been having a hard time to decide. I'll check out what you told me about. I think I'll go with a full set first. I've just been looking on stuff on my own. I was kind nervous about joining the community 'cause when I first joined the lolita community online it was kinda harsh, I always love lolita since 2000 but I was only 16 then and there was no western community. it's actually how a learned about bjds. 'cause dressing up and matching your bjd was thing back in the old school days.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
On 3/30/2022 at 7:52 PM, asukakanea said:

thanks for giving me advice! I've been having a hard time to decide. I'll check out what you told me about. I think I'll go with a full set first. I've just been looking on stuff on my own. I was kind nervous about joining the community 'cause when I first joined the lolita community online it was kinda harsh, I always love lolita since 2000 but I was only 16 then and there was no western community. it's actually how a learned about bjds. 'cause dressing up and matching your bjd was thing back in the old school days.

Yeah of course. This forum is mostly big on Dollfie Dreams and Smart Dolls, so it’s always exciting to meet other Azone fans. And a lot of fandoms can be really toxic, but everyone here is super nice, so hopefully this will be a better experience for you.

Riesz

I'm a huge fan of Azone too! Welcome to the forums!

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

This forum is mostly big on Dollfie Dreams and Smart Dolls, so it’s always exciting to meet other Azone fans.

Honestly, the most active topics lately seem to be related to Obitsu and Tiny fox. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
13 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Honestly, the most active topics lately seem to be related to Obitsu and Tiny fox. 

True, but with the exception of @chef_mai’s clothing posts, most of the activity in the Obitsu section is from the Angelphilia megathread, and the overall number of threads there is much smaller in than the Dollfie and Smart Doll sections. Maybe there’s just less to discuss, but it does seem like there’s not as much enthusiasm for Azone dolls.

asukakanea

I'll have to go check those out. I had a busy week so I haven't gotten to dive into the forums like I wanted. glad to meet other Azone fans!

Roserolls

Hi everyone! I just joined today, but have been a lurker for a while. I already have a dollfie dream and I'm excited to finally be able to participate in the forums as well!

AnnaLollianna

Hi everyone.  I just joined today.  My first Smart Doll was bought in 2019.  I visited Japan at the end of 2018 and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't visit the Smart Doll Store when I was there.  I did have a look in a few Mandarake stores while there, but just bought things for my 1/6 sized dolls.   I've bought a few Smart Dolls since mid 2019, as I had money from a redundancy payout.  But that went quickly.  I do have an Azone doll.  I'm curious to know more about 1/3 sized dolls, how to sew  for them and how to fix things like stains on them.  Though I'm doing my best to try and avoid that. 

• Like 4

black_magicat

Hello everyone! just joined today, I came from denofangels.com and have other resin dolls and just purchased my first Dollfie Dream. I found out about this site from the other forum and wanted to explore more about these adorable vinyl dolls and was referred to this website. :)

• Like 6

Scribbles

Hi everyone! I just joined recently after being recommended this forum for Dollfie Dream content and advice! I've never collected dolls before but I'm jumping ship to add some bigger scales to my figure shrine. I've been low-key interested in bjds for a while and maybe too scared to just join the community before - but my experience with doll collectors in MyFigureCollection was amazing and I look forward to interacting with everyone here too! Thanks for having me ~ 

• Like 4

Rajke

Hi Scribbles, Black_magicat,

welcome to the forums.

@onion12@

On 11/9/2022 at 4:21 AM, black_magicat said:

Hello everyone! just joined today, I came from denofangels.com and have other resin dolls and just purchased my first Dollfie Dream. I found out about this site from the other forum and wanted to explore more about these adorable vinyl dolls and was referred to this website. :)

Dollfie’s are amazing when it comes to quality and sculpts. Feel free to show some photo’s of your boy or girl when they arrives. Resin dolls are also cool and we have some members that collects and love them. Me included.

@onion34@

Feel free to look around and ask some questions if you have any questions. 

15 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Hi everyone! I just joined recently after being recommended this forum for Dollfie Dream content and advice! I've never collected dolls before but I'm jumping ship to add some bigger scales to my figure shrine. I've been low-key interested in bjds for a while and maybe too scared to just join the community before - but my experience with doll collectors in MyFigureCollection was amazing and I look forward to interacting with everyone here too! Thanks for having me ~ 

Also a member of MFC.  
I have seen a person with the same name on MFC and I wonder if that is also you.

I also started with figures but my focus has changed a bit. Dollfie’s and Smartdolls are very addictive and when you buy one they will multiply over time. 
@onion6@@onion9@

The members on this forum are very friendly and have a lot of knowledge. If you want to know something just ask.

Seeya around,

Rajke

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Rajke
On 10/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, AnnaLollianna said:

Hi everyone.  I just joined today.  My first Smart Doll was bought in 2019.  I visited Japan at the end of 2018 and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't visit the Smart Doll Store when I was there.  I did have a look in a few Mandarake stores while there, but just bought things for my 1/6 sized dolls.   I've bought a few Smart Dolls since mid 2019, as I had money from a redundancy payout.  But that went quickly.  I do have an Azone doll.  I'm curious to know more about 1/3 sized dolls, how to sew  for them and how to fix things like stains on them.  Though I'm doing my best to try and avoid that. 

Welcome to the Forums.

@onion12@

Looked at your profile and you got some nice Smartdoll girls. We do like photo’s if you want to share.

For your questions about sewing you might find some answers under handicrafts. There are a lot of creative people here on Dolldreaming.

Feel free to make a post about the stains. In combination with photo’s I am certain that some members can give you the correct information.

Seeya around,

Rajke

Mo3cha

Hello! I've been following DD and Smart Doll content for a long time ever since I discovered the Hatsune Miku Dollfie 5 years ago since I was really into Vocaloid. I finally got my first DD a few months ago with a mochi ashi DDH-19 on the way! I also have an OB11 doll that I love very much that I styled after Dimitri from Fire Emblem Three Houses (my fav game). 

• Like 3

Rajke
On 11/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mo3cha said:

Hello! I've been following DD and Smart Doll content for a long time ever since I discovered the Hatsune Miku Dollfie 5 years ago since I was really into Vocaloid. I finally got my first DD a few months ago with a mochi ashi DDH-19 on the way! I also have an OB11 doll that I love very much that I styled after Dimitri from Fire Emblem Three Houses (my fav game). 

Welcome to the Forums.

@onion12@

Dimitri is a very cool character. We do like doll photo’s here. I am curious about Dimitri. Feel free to post some photo’s of him and your other dolls.

Greetz,

Rajke

• Like 1

Hachiihoney

Hello everyone

I was lurking around since I signed up a few weeks back and realised I haven't made a proper introduction yet. So here goes:

I've been in the hobby for about 8 years now, but I left for an extended period of time an decided to come back into the hobby late last year after finding my girl again while cleaning, moving and being more financially stable as compared to back then.

I now own 2 DD girls - Mari and Honey, and finally dipped for a commissioned head on the way based on Marin Kitagawa.

Thank you for having me~

• Like 3

Rajke
13 hours ago, Hachiihoney said:

Hello everyone

I was lurking around since I signed up a few weeks back and realised I haven't made a proper introduction yet. So here goes:

I've been in the hobby for about 8 years now, but I left for an extended period of time an decided to come back into the hobby late last year after finding my girl again while cleaning, moving and being more financially stable as compared to back then.

I now own 2 DD girls - Mari and Honey, and finally dipped for a commissioned head on the way based on Marin Kitagawa.

Thank you for having me~

Welcome to the forums.

@onion12@

Ps: We are curious how your girls look. @onion20@

Greetz,

Rajke 

• Thanks 1

meltystardrops

Hello everyone! I'm a long time lurker and just completed my first MDD, so I decided to make an account so I can participate in the forums!

• Like 3

Hachiihoney

Would definitely love to post photos of them after I become a member! 💖