Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

a88_angel

First time sewing for DD

a88_angel

I am working on several items for a DDII M-Bust body. I am trading clothes made by me for a resin girl. But the clothes that I am making are for a DD. A friend of mine was gracious enough to loan me her DDII body so I could ensure proper fit. So far I have made a prototype bodysuit and prototype pair of pants. I need to use different material for both projects the second time around, but at least they fit. Lol

I will add photos to this thread as I complete the other items. I welcome comments, thoughts and suggestions.

***Sorry for the crummy cell pics***

8414746124_b0c8a00e06.jpg

Latest sewing projects by a88_angel, on Flickr

8413646859_971428f45e.jpg

8414745312_96fdc5b24d.jpg

Lala Lolita

The pants look like they fit really well along the legs. And the body stocking looks good too.

Great job!

@blushingbjd

Milk

The trousers look like a good fit.

What items to you plan to sew next?

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

a88_angel
The pants look like they fit really well along the legs. And the body stocking looks good too.

Great job!

Thank you! I appreciate it.

The trousers look like a good fit.

What items to you plan to sew next?

Thank you! Earlier today I did another round of the bodysuit with a better fabric. Now I need to make 3 more for friends I will be making a second version of the pants with another fabric because the previous one was to much of a stain risk.

After that I need to make some over the knee socks, a cardigan (using JadePixel's pattern), an underbust corset, a turtleneck, dress and pair of brown tights. I will update with pics as I finish items.

Milk
Thank you! Earlier today I did another round of the bodysuit with a better fabric. Now I need to make 3 more for friends I will be making a second version of the pants with another fabric because the previous one was to much of a stain risk.

After that I need to make some over the knee socks, a cardigan (using JadePixel's pattern), an underbust corset, a turtleneck, dress and pair of brown tights. I will update with pics as I finish items.

That's a lot of things you got on your plan. Good luck with that! I hope you'll show them off when you're done.

a88_angel
That's a lot of things you got on your plan. Good luck with that! I hope you'll show them off when you're done.

Thanks Yami! I am happy to share. Posted pics of the pants and socks already. Here is the Cardigan made from JadePixel's pattern and the underbust corset prototype I made tonight. It needs a couple of tweaks but I think it turned out pretty good.

What do you think?

8428930330_0d16ab2c06_z.jpg

DDII Under Bust Corset by a88_angel, on Flickr

8428940806_82cd9f1b1f_z.jpg

DDII Cardigan by a88_angel, on Flickr

jadepixel

Wow, you seem to have a lot of experience sewing, you're coming up with all sorts of cool stuff!

For the underbust piece, I found that separating the front into 3 panels kept the fabric from bunching around the waist in an unflattering way. You can use darts and get almost as good results, it's a little easier than cutting out a lot of small pieces. Here's the pattern (I'm still working on it a bit, so your mileage may vary)

waist_cinch_top.jpg

a88_angel
Wow, you seem to have a lot of experience sewing, you're coming up with all sorts of cool stuff!

For the underbust piece, I found that separating the front into 3 panels kept the fabric from bunching around the waist in an unflattering way. You can use darts and get almost as good results, it's a little easier than cutting out a lot of small pieces. Here's the pattern (I'm still working on it a bit, so your mileage may vary)

I have been sewing for Resin BJDs (BJD Fashions Made by me) for about two years now. Before that I made clothes for my daughter's AG type dolls and when they were babies I made clothes for them. And before they were born I made clothes for the porcelain dolls that I was making at my Grandma's doll shop. So on and off I have been sewing for over 20 years :o

Great minds think alike My pattern looks very similar to the one you shared minus the curves on the sides and the darts. This was my first test of the pattern and I did plan on tweaking it. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. Now I can see that what I was thinking with adding darts is a good idea but also that I need to add a curve for the waistline on the sides. So thank you again!

I should have mentioned previously the socks were made from your sock pattern also, I just shortened them so they were what the person I am trading with wanted.

I am enjoying sewing for the DDII M-bust. I really hope to get one of my own sometime soon.

jadepixel

Fantastic, you really do have a lot of sewing mileage! Lots of cute stuff in your gallery

I've just been sewing a couple years and only for dolls, so there's a lot I'm learning by trial and error. I'm happy to share my patterns with the bjd sewing community, everyone's so friendly and supportive. Really glad you found them useful. And I hope you get your own DD girl soon, they are too much fun :3

Milk

Man, you really have the skills and know-hows to do these kind of things. I'd horribly fail at even drafting clothing pieces. I like the underbust corset so far, but that might be cause I'm digging vertical stripes. You should do a whole outfit with a corset...!

JChiibs

Drafting patterns is not easy, and I'm boggled by the people who think it is. Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. I'm liking that underbust bodice quite a bit and could easily see Naiomi making something like that for a pirate lass costume.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

a88_angel

Thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I really love sewing for my dolls and other people's dolls. Lately, I'm finding I especially love the challenge of someone sending me reference pics and saying can you make this....

I revised my under bust corset pattern over the weekend and I am quite pleased with it now. I also started working on the dress that the person wanted. Took me 4 revisions but finally got the bodice part right just need to add the skirt/ruffles to it. Then make the shirt and tights to go with it.

8442211900_699b06f54d_z.jpg

8441118977_d08bf3702d_z.jpg

8444901903_eff5b5d216_z.jpg

8444908761_445bc80bcc_z.jpg

Milk

Even though I'm only seeing bits and pieces of your work, I gotta say I'm already a fan of yours, thehe.

The underbust really looks better more, as it's more snug to the body. I like the fabric of the yellow top. Though it's a bit sad that you can only see the upper ribbon shape if you look from above.

a88_angel
Even though I'm only seeing bits and pieces of your work, I gotta say I'm already a fan of yours, thehe.

The underbust really looks better more, as it's more snug to the body. I like the fabric of the yellow top. Though it's a bit sad that you can only see the upper ribbon shape if you look from above.

Awww, Thank you so much

It does look better now that the skirt is on and it is sitting properly. The in progress pics it was just pinned at the back and not properly fitting. Here is an update photo (a little bright) but it gives a better idea of what the dress looks like and the ribbon shape is seen from the front not just above

8451017002_88cf5b775b_z.jpg

DDII m-bust dress by a88_angel, on Flickr

Milk

I didn't know it was only tucked before. Good job in finishing this piece.

a88_angel
This kind of reminds me of the Sakuno's optional outfit... I like it!:)

You would be correct! The person that I am making all these items for asked that I make something similar to Sakuno's Everyday Wear Set, so this is what I made. Glad you like it! thank you

a88_angel

So I was able to do some more sewing this weekend. I made 5 bodysuits, 4 for friends and one extra to test a different material.

I also was able to salvage the trial runs of the dress above that failed to work the way I wanted them to for that dress. I turned them into usable dresses though, just not like the one above. So anyway....Pics...what do you think?

8465505600_501ced5530.jpg

8464405851_ff88cec42f.jpg

8465504874_e3a995d4c5.jpg

8464405131_62858fa182.jpg

8465503552_f80fef2d34.jpg

DominiqueB

Nice bodysuit, I'm going to suppose they are pull-ons, or do they have some kind of closure in the back? I'm going to attempt to make one for my girl when she arrives in a few days. I've dusted off my patternmaking bible since bodysuits are definitely not my area of expertise.

Milk

I like the fullbody stocking, but the one with the short legs looks like it's not snug enough around the waist.

I do like the white/brown dress. The small flower at the bottom is a nice touch.

a88_angel

Thanks guys! The bodysuits are pull ons, made from a spandex type fabric so no closures are necessary.

Yami, I agree the shorts one wasn't snug enough around the waist. I altered it right after taking this quick pic.